• Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I get "noticed" all the time but I think it is because I am loud as F***
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I get "noticed" all the time but I think it is because I am loud as F***

Oh, well, yes, I get noticed for that as well! I was thinking more looks, but yeah, big mouth gets me noticed more than anything probably.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    @SHOWMM: Go us!!!!!

:)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself to be really up there in the attractive stakes but I always get guys coming up to me. When I'm out drinking, walking, even at the supermarket.

I'd say I'm quite confident and I take a pride in my appearence all the time so that's probably what is coming through?! :s
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    In high school I was the quiet smart girl...the only people who noticed me were my friends, lol

I feel more confidant and comfortable with myself and I think people notice me more because I'm usually smiling. A smile works wonders =)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm oblivious most of the time. If someone from the opposite sex is noticing me, my first natural reaction is because I am big, 6'3 and nearly 300 lbs. I don't think I am unattractive but I have a hard time accepting in my head that I am no longer 500 lbs.
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    never really payed attention to it if some girl notices me.So I really dont know if they do notice me for good or bad reasons. Dont really worry about what other people think of me. Just be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Don't know...don't care :smile:
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    NOBODY noticed me in high school except the other people who were also loners. I'm pretty sure most people thought I was weird because I was the quiet girl who kept mostly to herself, except for my freshman year when I was desperate to make friends and the only people who 'accepted' me at the time were the stoners/burn outs, so at that point everyone probably assumed I was a scumbag/on drugs, too.

I would get noticed a lot when I would drive my lifted jeep with huge muddy tires which looks totally manly and badass and nobody would expect this tiny girl coming out of it. I even had someone leave his name and phone # on my windshield because I would pass him on the road all the time (he had a similar truck).

When I am at the gym and people look at my I either suspect it's because I look stupid or my underwear is showing (which also looks stupid). Sometimes I feel almost androgynous in a way, I feel like 'one of the guys' and that I shouldn't get looked at just because I am a girl in the weights section. I know I am attractive, but it's something I am completely oblivious to I guess. I'd rather be looked at from men admiring my form/workouts that I am doing rather than 'check out her *kitten*' but I know that's not always the case. It honestly makes me uncomfortable...I've had friendships with guys that ended up being ruined because they wanted to be 'more' than just friends. I want people to like me for ME. Maybe I just don't know how to take compliments?? My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy and is always thinking that he's not good enough for me and that people are always trying to steal me away from him.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I get hit on a lot but it's always by really ugly men who would hit on ANYONE out of pure desperation, or total weirdo's.
    So I don't take it as a compliment; I don't think a truly hot guy has ever checked me out :sad:
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I get noticed and get told my chest tattoo is nice, which is just another way for a guy to stare at my boobs and get a free look.

Otherwise, I don't really get noticed besides the looks people give me for having piercings on my face
  • Denise8P
    Denise8P Posts: 23
    Options
    So many beautiful people in this thread, inside and out!! I am personally not noticed often for my looks, probably in large part due to self-confidence and such. The comment I hear most often is HOLY CRAP, you have five grandkids? No way! ... which really is a nice compliment ;) People also think I weigh a lot less than I actually do because of my height (5'10) and that my body tends to distribute the extra pounds from head to toes rather than localized.

My goal is to be a lean, mean, hawt grammy by the time I am pushing 50 ;)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I love it when my wife notices that I have more muscles. She even said my chicken legs are gone. Woohoo!:drinker:

As for others? I've always been oblivious because I have always thought I was fat and ugly. Comes with being the only non-jock in a family of jocks and a father who only valued jocks and academic perfection.

But somehow I managed to marry a model with degrees in chemistry, biology, laboratory science and a masters in education.
    She helped me discover that I was neither dumb nor ugly. What more could a guy ask for? :bigsmile:
  • crissy_percival
    crissy_percival Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    i get nice boobs but no one likes me 4 me
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    I see a lot of guys saying they don't think they get noticed, but I bet they do they're just not paying attention. Women have very subtle ways of expressing interest and its almost always body language, so if you're not looking for it then you won't notice.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't get noticed. I get friendzoned. I am always the friend. I think it's cause I'm such a nice guy. Probably too nice. Girls like bad boys......And they are shallow......and I'm still a large man.
  • Hike_higher
    Options
    I got noticed a lot when I was younger and in good shape. Much less so when I gained weighed but it's slowly coming back around. MFP is very visually oriented for men and women both. If you aren't eye candy around here you seem to get shunned by those that are ...........whether they admit it or not lol
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    I am-- I have an awesome rack. Always have.

Lol! This is also true for me... My boobies have opened more doors for me than I care to admit. I don't get noticed, my boobs do. When I was a teen it was kind of awkward, but once I accepted myself and my body I was 100% happier and more confident...
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't get noticed or at least I don't notice that I am getting noticed.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Have you always or often been noticed? Sometimes? Rarely? Do people sometimes look at you after knowing you awhile and suddenly find you very attractive? What has been your particular experience with being seen and noticed?

I sometimes see people that I find very attractive that seem to slip under most people's radar, and also the opposite, where people who don't seem that physically attractive still get a lot of attention. I find it curious.
    A good amount of guys find me attractive, I am personable and talkative and pretty confident so I am pretty sure all of that helps. Some days I am definitely more noticed then others, styling hair, and the right clothes can go a long way. My frumpy days of yoga pants and a baggy t-shirt (though I still feel hot personally) are definitely days I am less noticed then the dressed up hair curled days. I have always been considered a cute girl throughout my life, though in my younger kid days I was definitely told I was a bit on the scrawny side.