Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options

Replies

• buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    I've had two guys notice me this year!! I live above a bar and there are always drunks around my apartment at night. On two separate occasions, I've been walking along minding my own business and guys shouted 'fatty' the first time and 'fat cow' the second. Why do drunk people feel the need to do that?
  • smartin0181
    smartin0181 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    On a run-of-the-mill day. . . no. No one overtly "notices" me. When I'm all dolled up for date night, I will occassionally get a glance. But nothing to write home about. I do see men & women notice me when I'm out for a run. Sometimes the glances are reasonably positive. . .like "way to go". . .sometimes they're nasty. . . I figure the ladies don't think I should be wearing running tights ???.. . and a few times the looks have been uber creepy. But all in all, I just am not someone who has a dynamic appearance. And I'm quite alright with that. My hubby thinks I'm hot and that's all that matters!

When I see people running outside I always look at them and think, Way to go; or I should go do that! Then I think to myself, I hope I don't look weird or creepy looking at them run. Then OH CRAP they saw me looking. Haha : )
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    The laws of attraction are curious, curious indeed.
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    For me...I still have that fat person's mentality...so if I ever get stared at it's extremely awkward! lol...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that I am actually the invisible woman. But, it has been said to me that I am really bad at noticing when I am being noticed. IDK.
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    For me...I still have that fat person's mentality...so if I ever get stared at it's extremely awkward! lol...

This right here! lol.
    I don't think I get noticed very much, and when I do I don't even know how to handle it!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've had two guys notice me this year!! I live above a bar and there are always drunks around my apartment at night. On two separate occasions, I've been walking along minding my own business and guys shouted 'fatty' the first time and 'fat cow' the second. Why do drunk people feel the need to do that?

It is the alcohol talking... they cast off restraint ... In this case, I would only be offended if it were somebody's opinion that really mattered... These are a couple of low-life drunks that probably don't even remember what they said the next day. I don't say that it does not hurt when people are insensitive... just realize you are a person of value, a priceless jewel, and they are too intoxicated to realize it... their loss... not yours.
  • meggyshae
    Options

This right here! lol.
    I don't think I get noticed very much, and when I do I don't even know how to handle it!

It's very scary sweetie, isn't it??? We just gotta remember we are determined young women and unstoppable!!!! YOU are beautiful!!!!
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options

This right here! lol.

It's very scary sweetie, isn't it??? We just gotta remember we are determined young women and unstoppable!!!! YOU are beautiful!!!!

Thank you! You are too!! You probably get noticed WAY more than you think!
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I used to get noticed. now it's rare, when I do it is often "the wallflower effect " guys will hit on me because I'm average and the hot chicks will shoot them down, so they figure their odds are better with the plain chick :)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Rarely. Perhaps somewhat more when I was younger.
  • rjwriter78
    rjwriter78 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Getting noticed use to be important to me but then i woke up and realized that i have to just be myself. People notice you more when your not noticing them. Attention comes with maturity and realizing that things will happen on its own, then will it be your time.
  • meggyshae
    Options
    Getting noticed use to be important to me but then i woke up and realized that i have to just be myself. People notice you more when your not noticing them. Attention comes with maturity and realizing that things will happen on its own, then will it be your time.

PERFECTLY SAID!!!!
  • SheWolf3AMP
    Options
    I think if you are noticed a lot or care too much, you can become too focused on it. It's better to just be you and live like "if you like me raise your glass, if you don't kiss my...booty." You want people to like you for who you are and how you enrich their lives. And attraction has nothing to do with how one looks. I find myself "noticing" people after I know them for a while and I know it's because of attitude. Ugly people can open their minds and mouths and become sexy. And stereotypically sexy people can do the same and become ugly pretty quickly. The human mind and hormones are interesting and unpredictable things.
  • marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Everyday! I look like a celebrity and people feel the need to remind daily!

Edit" a famous singer. I hate when people say that to me!
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    nobody ever pays me in gum...
    I LOVE THIS!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ViviLane
    ViviLane Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I get noticed, usually for my hair or makeup, which is cool since I put a bit of effort into both things!

The one time that being noticed is odd and confusing is when you are working out and the gym, you look up, and someone across the gym has their eyes fixated on you. Is it just a mindless stare? Or are they actually staring with purpose? Weirds me out!! Yikes!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options

This happens to me too. Like the other day, a guy came up to me while I was working out and actually was like' do you go here often?' HAHA and I really didnt think he could be hitting on ME, because he was a hottie gym body. But he later that day told me I had great legs.. soo... I guess he wasnt eyeballing and criticising my deadlift form like I had first thought...

Other times I know I am noticed ( In a positive way) and its normally on my feel -good- about- myself -full of confidence- days.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I go to school with thousands of thin, beautiful girls so I never really think I get noticed. However, I really think it all just comes down to confidence, when you are confident and comfortable, people notice and are drawn to that. I'm still working on that though haha!
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    I go to school with thousands of thin, beautiful girls so I never really think I get noticed. However, I really thing it all just comes down to confidence, when you are confident and comfortable, people notice and are drawn to that. I'm still working on that though haha!

no worries i definately noticed those fun bags on ur profile ;)