Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options

Replies

• harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I don't feel physically attractive and I don't get noticed. But that's fine by me. =B

You do get noticed...you just don;t notice people noticing you.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm a happy loner and thats fine.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty innocuous and don't get noticed. I do like when I do occasionaly though.
  • missshadowlovely
    missshadowlovely Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm told I am quite often.

In my picture I have a wig on; my real hair is all the way down to my butt and BRIGHT red - so it gets a LOT of attention. ;)
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    i replied earlier on this thread, but nobody noticed.

anim_sad.gif

I walked past you earlier today and you never looked my way! :sad:

You're a bad boy! :noway:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Have you always or often been noticed? Sometimes? Rarely? Do people sometimes look at you after knowing you awhile and suddenly find you very attractive? What has been your particular experience with being seen and noticed?

I sometimes see people that I find very attractive that seem to slip under most people's radar, and also the opposite, where people who don't seem that physically attractive still get a lot of attention. I find it curious.

@OP - after reading many of the responses posted, I am not sure if people understand you questions. My interpretation of your statement and question about attractive people that fly under the radar, compared with less attractive people that get a lot of attention is related to personality of the individual.

For me, I am an introvert, and prefer to be out of the spotlight and be in the background. Some may think that a person like this lacks confidence, but I would clarify that it is a preference rather than an insecurity.

On the other hand, I know many people that are simply "the life of the party", extroverted, outgoing and capture attention. As you mentioned, many of these people aren't the best looking, but they attain more attention than other people.

There people that lack the confidence and have insecurities about their appearance, and think that losing weight, having plastic surgery will change all of the that... I assure you that they will be the same person (inside) after the transformation.

First and foremost, feel good about yourself!

Thank you Mavrick. Yes, this is more along the lines of what I was getting at. I have known several of those people who are not considered typically attractive, in fact are sometimes quite large, obese, or average looking, who seem to get a disproportionate amount of attention from the opposite sex (referring to hetero). It just makes me think that attractiveness isn't necessarily correlated to the obvious, and I really do think that attitude and our own mind set has A LOT to do with how we're perceived. It's like the world just mirrors back to us what we already believe.

There's also another phenomenon that I find puzzling. I've had it happen several times where someone I knew looked at me suddenly, as if for the first time, and found me very beautiful. Their reaction is what gave it away, because they literally said "Woah..you're really beautiful!" with this rather amazed look on their face. Lol! And it just struck me so weird because they've known me for awhile, and found me attractive before to some extent, but not like this. This was a definite shift.

I've had it happen enough times to stand out as an odd experience. Wondering how it is I was suddenly seen in a new way.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I really identify with this one. My younger sister (22 months younger than I) has been perfectly skinny without trying and a knock out blonde. Really did damage on my self - esteem.

You're kidding me, right?? You're gorgeous!!
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    this is gonna sound ridiculous and super full of myself... but when i was skinny (1 year of my life in high school) i got noticed a lot. it was normal to have people come up to me randomly in public or at parties and tell me how pretty i am.

ever since i gained my weight, i rarely get compliments. needless to say, it kinda made me a little more self conscious.

sad part is... i lost the weight so fast that i had no clue i lost it. i felt like the same fat girl. then i gained it just as fast.
    not only till i looked at pictures did i realize what i had. but it wasn't done in a healthy way, so i feel like i'm succeeding more this time.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't think a woman has ever approached me

That has sarcasm written all over...VERY hard to imagine.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I never seem to notice when or if anyone is noticing me. If someone is noticing me, I either view it as the person eying me with disdain or staring at the toilet paper that I am unaware is stuck to my shoe. Or I just think "What the hell are you staring at?"

But, it doesn't happen with any great regularity.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    oh wow, not that anyone cares what I have to say or input, I find the topic interesting.

In my younger years up until about 30 I was ALWAYS looked at. Then as I aged I gained weight so it went to sometimes. However this is all strictly based off looks. Now my personality in person (maybe not so much via online, in text) can undress almost any woman.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    oh wow, not that anyone cares what I have to say or input, I find the topic interesting.

In my younger years up until about 30 I was ALWAYS looked at. Then as I aged I gained weight so it went to sometimes. However this is all strictly based off looks. Now my personality in person (maybe not so much via online, in text) can undress almost any woman.

I care! ***hugs***
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I get noticed often. I find that most people would rather give off the creepy let me stand and stare at you until you come hither stance. On the other hand there are those that will come up and grab my ars which leads them to get hit. I gained weight in hopes of shaking some of these crazies but it didn't work and now that I'm losing it they are multiplying. At this point I'm trying to figure out which ones are worse the guys that know you're in a relationship and hound you or the group of guys that are on you like white on rice when they hear you are single? WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST BE NORMAL AND APPROACH YOU WITH SOME SENSE?
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Elderly men notice me hardcore. And occasional druggies/alcoholics/creepers :(
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I get noticed a lot....most of the time I wonder what they're seeing in me :0
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I'm a ghost. But if I'm not, I've gotten used to being a ghost in my head and therefore I'm oblivious to any attention coming my way unless it's right in front of my nose.

Sometimes I like it, sometimes not.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If they are noticing me, then I must be pretty oblivious because I haven't noticed :)

Of course, I've been told that I seem to be naive to men hitting on me. :tongue:

Yyyyup! This is me, too!
  • abrandnewme18
    Options
    When I do my hair/makeup and am wearing cute clothes, I am usually more confident, friendlier, and happier and get noticed way more than when my face/hair/clothes look like crap. I also get noticed a lot when I drive my saab convertible and blast some music on! But that's because my car is smoking hot! :wink:
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I used to get tons of looks ... Now I don't even really pay attention so I wouldn't know. I have a fiance that thinks I'm the prettiest girl in the world and that's all that matters to me.

But now I'm curious ... going to start paying attention. Lol. I'm sure once I hit my goal weight & build some muscle, I'll get plenty of looks. I'm sure my fiance will just love that. *insert sarcasm* Lol
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    yeahhhh... I'm noticed. Oblivious to it. I think it's my secret cat smile...