Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options
jbutterflye
jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
Have you always or often been noticed? Sometimes? Rarely? Do people sometimes look at you after knowing you awhile and suddenly find you very attractive? What has been your particular experience with being seen and noticed?

I sometimes see people that I find very attractive that seem to slip under most people's radar, and also the opposite, where people who don't seem that physically attractive still get a lot of attention. I find it curious.

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think I am noticed. My husband tries to tell me that some of the men at the gym look at me, but if they have, I've never noticed it.

I think those that you see that aren't all that attractive but still get a lot of attention are people who have a lot of confidence in themselves. People are drawn to people who are confident.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Most people tell me I'm oblivious, but I've hardly ever noticed anyone noticing me.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    If they are noticing me, then I must be pretty oblivious because I haven't noticed :)

Of course, I've been told that I seem to be naive to men hitting on me. :tongue:
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    I have perfect situational awareness and am attractive and personable. So yes, people notice me and I can read through coy behavior.
  • Igotdisbish
    Options
    All about the confidence!! :wink:

I tend to do pretty well even though I'm not in great shape anymore.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    If they are noticing me, then I must be pretty oblivious because I haven't noticed :P

Me, too, Cat. And you are gorgeous so that can't be true.

Sometimes I notice people looking, but usually it's because I'm doing something stupid like falling down or something is in my teeth.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I was never really "noticed" when I was younger but then my sister is a dress model and was always the stunning one. She's wearing the navy t-shirt in my ticker.

Because she is 18 months younger than me it made it hard growing up and being noticed for the right reasons.

I can't deny that some people must have noticed me as I would have or have had bfs but I've never felt confident and maybe that is what gets you noticed.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ever since i was a little girl i've been noticed. it sounds bad but looks helped me in life more than i would like to admit.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    One of my guy friends insists that girls notice me. I've never caught anyone looking though.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    I always assume someone is watching, because I am a people watcher. I notice (the universal) you, but it has nothing to do with your attractiveness, just like to watch humans be humans.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    One of my guy friends insists that girls notice me. I've never caught anyone looking though.

Matt Damon?!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    People only look at me when I already walked passed them according to my husband its the booty...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    For some reason, little boys always gawk at me, and teenage boys are always checking me out. Of course, no one looked my way when *I* was a teenager.

Men my age don't seem to find me attractive.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    no, i dont see myself as attractive, but i dont see myself as the opposite either... its wierd, i almost see myself as invisable, because im a wife and mom to 5... kinda like that put me happily off radar! lol
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I wouldn't have a clue if anyone noticed me. I don't get hit on or anything, though people sometimes comment on my height. That's about it.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I was never really "noticed" when I was younger but then my sister is a dress model and was always the stunning one. She's wearing the navy t-shirt in my ticker.

Because she is 18 months younger than me it made it hard growing up and being noticed for the right reasons.

I can't deny that some people must have noticed me as I would have or have had bfs but I've never felt confident and maybe that is what gets you noticed.

I really identify with this one. My younger sister (22 months younger than I) has been perfectly skinny without trying and a knock out blonde. Really did damage on my self - esteem.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I never have been one to get noticed. But last couple of times I went out, I got hit on. Kind of a trip, honestly. I guess getting in shape has it's advantages.
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If they are noticing me, then I must be pretty oblivious because I haven't noticed :)

Of course, I've been told that I seem to be naive to men hitting on me. :tongue:

i am noticing you right now

i hope you noticed lol
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't think i'm noticed, at least I've never noticed it
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Most people tell me I'm oblivious, but I've hardly ever noticed anyone noticing me.

^^ took the words right out of my mouth. I have been told by friends that i am in complete oblivion, and that i am always 'noticed'.
    although maybe i am okay with that. Men cause me grief anyway! =)