Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options

Replies

• Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    I don't know. I never bother to check and see if anyone is noticing me. I don't care to be honest.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    All about the confidence!! :wink:

I agree! Only in the past couple of years did I learn to exude an air of confidence. I noticed that, after I began to apply this trait, I get noticed everywhere... It is eerie because that really is the only thing that has changed, but guys now are always staring at me, even when I'm just minding my own business with my boyfriend. My boyfriend has a theory that men are just naturally drawn to that aura because he will notice them staring at me, and they will look away flustered when their eyes finally fall on him. Its as if they couldn't help or did not notice them looking over at me.

I completely get what you are saying! I am a confident woman, but I think I just lack a sense of being able to distinguish general kindness from attraction.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    I have never been "checked out" in my life.

My girlfriend insists this is not true, but 1. it's in her best interest to delude herself into thinking she has good taste, and 2. there is absolutely zero corroborating evidence.
    I am a straight man and would, if nothing else, think, 'Hey, that guy looks like Zachary Quinto.' It's complimentary.

Cheers.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've been noticed once or twice in my life, by creeps and Tube and bus drivers :/

Other than that, I could be either completely oblivious or I pretty much fly under the radar. When I go out or to gigs with friends, I definitely don't get noticed then lol

My boyfriend says that I get checked out when we're together, but that could be because we're both short XD
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i (finally) got approached for the first time at my gym after years of working out there. i was deadlifting like a champ and a guy (not too hot, not too shabby either) came up to me to tell me how damn impressed he was (and how he thought it was hot that i was lifting like a pro).

i've had to build my self-esteem up from nothing after YEARS of being bullied from elementary throughout much of my high school years. and then i became a bit of an alcoholic in college and the initial two years after graduation--just drinking away my insecurities and developing a false sense of power and confidence. and in the years since getting sober, i've had to basically grow up and start liking and loving myself again, without the "aid" of any crutches. FINALLY, almost 6 years sober and with a healthy outlet of weekly therapy, kicking *kitten* and taking names when working out, i'm starting to get a bit more confident--and i think that shows.

but i still have my childhood insecurity inside of me--sometimes battling my "fake it til you make it" outlook on being awesome. confidence is an ongoing process...sometimes i wonder, "why would anyone look at me or want to be with me?"--and other times i know how beautiful i am, inside and out, and how much i have to offer to the world/another. all depends on the day....
  • Grumpy2208
    Options
    Yea all the time. Probably because am super confident and so beautiful as well.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    One of my guy friends insists that girls notice me. I've never caught anyone looking though.

Matt Damon?!

Lol! I was thinking the same thing. To answer the question, I'm pretty oblivious to whether or not I am being checked out.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I have been "invisible" for as long as I can remember. I remember going into a store with my new born son and my svelte cousin. She was carrying my new born and I had my two year old. People kept asking her how she got her shape back so quickly after having a baby. Also, I know that when I go into clothing or make up shops and look around, I get ignored. This has happened while I was the only client in the store and obviously interested in buying things. I had items in my hand, looked up for help, saw the clerk look the other way. I put the items back and left.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    In RL I get noticed or looked at a lot, especially if I am wearing a suit (and no, it's not because I look like a Defendant.. Or maybe it is...) Sometimes it gets a little uncomfortable to be frank.

Online, it's the complete opposite.

It truly is the strangest thing.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    If they are noticing me, then I must be pretty oblivious because I haven't noticed :)

Of course, I've been told that I seem to be naive to men hitting on me. :tongue:

I am the male version of you.....in regards to what you just posted.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'm shy, and I think that hurts me. I'm also not the most attractive thing. It always surprises me when guys talk to me, haha. I think having been told, "you're f**king awesome, but I'm not attracted to you" by two different guys in the past two years has made me even more painfully aware of this.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    He didn't know I had a loaded gun in my purse, and fortunately I didn't have to show it to him. But yeah, that is definitely the sort of thing I never had to worry about before.
    I am not defending verbal harassment by any means, but brandishing a loaded weapon over some butt comments might be a little bit of an overreaction. Certainly if he got out of his truck you would have a reason to potentially discharge said firearm, but what does a gun do that pepper spray doesn't [except for create a ton of blood and paperwork?]

This may be an unpopular opinion as it might come across as 'a woman should not defend herself' [and that is not at all what I am saying]. But I think that even mentioning the gun on a website suggests that you might not ever be far from using it. I sincerely hope that isn't the case.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    i must be in my own world most of them time lol cause i never notice guys checking me out or anything lol...they smile or say hey & ill smile & say hey back then go on my way.....maybe thats theyre way of starting a convo & i just dont pick up on it lol
  • emtbabe
    emtbabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If they are noticing me, then I must be pretty oblivious because I haven't noticed :)

Of course, I've been told that I seem to be naive to men hitting on me. :tongue:
    [/quote

ditto this whole thing for me
  • xoRicanmel
    xoRicanmel Posts: 137
    Options
    After I gained alot of weight from pregnancy I wasn't noticed as much as I was when I was fit
    That's exactly why I'm on this journey, I'm trying to bring my sexy back lol
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Being "noticed" for your looks, is different than being approached, or being obviously ogled. The former requires reading people's minds.
  • Shauncho49
    Shauncho49 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no clue if I've ever been "noticed"...I kinda doubt it but then again... I am married sooo... If I have ever been "noticed" by a stranger then it's news to me. I think, typically, my look is an acquired taste.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much always been noticed. Even more so since I've moved to a different country, because apparently I have a different "look". I can't say I don't enjoy it.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I lived in India for 2 years and obviously stuck out like sore thumb. Sometimes it was uncomfortable. And most of them were not subtle about it either. I had 1 guy about 1 foot shorter than me just stare at my chest one time. Creepy. :noway:
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    Of course you notice being looked at but never know what they're thinking. haha