Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options

Replies

• Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that I'm oblivious, but personally I've always felt like wallpaper in social situations. People don't really notice me unless they get to know me really well first or they hear me sing...That being said, I've always been friends with VERY attractive girls so that might be part of the problem.

I have noticed that I get seen a little bit more recently (very little, but a little)...but after being wallpaper for 34 years, it makes me kind of uncomfortable when it comes out of the blue! lol
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I don't get noticed, my chest does
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've always had old guys tell me I'm pretty. And not guys who are just 20-30 years older than me, I mean like OLD old. Well, I guess I can be one of those girls who marries a man with only 5-6 more years to live and then I get his money. :laugh:
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    He didn't know I had a loaded gun in my purse, and fortunately I didn't have to show it to him. But yeah, that is definitely the sort of thing I never had to worry about before.
    I am not defending verbal harassment by any means, but brandishing a loaded weapon over some butt comments might be a little bit of an overreaction. Certainly if he got out of his truck you would have a reason to potentially discharge said firearm, but what does a gun do that pepper spray doesn't [except for create a ton of blood and paperwork?]

This may be an unpopular opinion as it might come across as 'a woman should not defend herself' [and that is not at all what I am saying]. But I think that even mentioning the gun on a website suggests that you might not ever be far from using it. I sincerely hope that isn't the case.
    I'm pretty sure I indicated that I did not "brandish a loaded weapon" over his comments. My point was, if he had known I had it, he likely would've minded his own damn business. I am lamenting the fact that I cannot carry openly.

And I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation as to why I carry, any more than you owe me an explanation as to why you choose to exercise your freedom of speech, but if you think the mere indication that I own and carry a gun means I am never far from recklessly and needlessly using it, YOU are the one who is overreacting.

If you don't like guns, don't buy any, and leave people the hell alone. You should be good to go.
    I appreciate the response [and do not mean to force this thread into further digression], but your logic is absolutely specious. It would make sense, of course, if people with guns only shot people with guns [and, I suppose, in season animals]. But it turns out, that is not how it works at all.

In fact, after a good bit of searching, I was able to come up with the following news articles that show the positive results of owning and carrying guns into the general public:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Interesting stuff.

But let's be honest. Guns are a pretty easy target right now. Gun violence has been particularly rampant recently, and despite a reasonable effort to increase regulations on purchasing guns for former convicts, etc. being introduced to Congress, lobbyists [i.e., the NRA] have thrown around enough money for things like this to fail. I am all for the protection of Second Amendment rights, but keep in mind that in the past 220+ years, guns have gotten a little bit more advanced. There was a time when the same people who ratified the Second Amendment thought that black people made great farm equipment; finally, common sense prevailed and we thought to revisit some of the more archaic [and frankly, embarrassing] ideals of the past.

You are right; I do not know the circumstances of your decision. As I live in a major metropolitan area, parking lots are associated with grocery stores, places of business, and apartment complexes.

But as 'live and let live' is your political stance, I certainly hope you have not been an inhibitor of gay marriage, a woman's right to choose, euthanasia, or rampant drug culture.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't feel I've ever been noticed.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    i get noticed.
    i'd prefer it if i didn't.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I have gotten the occasional compliment, but old women and young girls seemed to be the only ones that noticed me, or at least they were the most obvious. I guess it's comforting to know that if needed I could probably find a Sugarmomma.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My boobs seem to have been the center of attention more times than I would like to admit......uuuugggghhhh boobs.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    He didn't know I had a loaded gun in my purse, and fortunately I didn't have to show it to him. But yeah, that is definitely the sort of thing I never had to worry about before.
    I am not defending verbal harassment by any means, but brandishing a loaded weapon over some butt comments might be a little bit of an overreaction. Certainly if he got out of his truck you would have a reason to potentially discharge said firearm, but what does a gun do that pepper spray doesn't [except for create a ton of blood and paperwork?]

This may be an unpopular opinion as it might come across as 'a woman should not defend herself' [and that is not at all what I am saying]. But I think that even mentioning the gun on a website suggests that you might not ever be far from using it. I sincerely hope that isn't the case.

I'm pretty sure I indicated that I did not "brandish a loaded weapon" over his comments. My point was, if he had known I had it, he likely would've minded his own damn business. I am lamenting the fact that I cannot carry openly.

And I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation as to why I carry, any more than you owe me an explanation as to why you choose to exercise your freedom of speech, but if you think the mere indication that I own and carry a gun means I am never far from recklessly and needlessly using it, YOU are the one who is overreacting.

If you don't like guns, don't buy any, and leave people the hell alone. You should be good to go.

Good for you jq12122. If this guy had balls enough to be so bold in a parking lot you never know whether he intended to snatch you up in his truck. I know you felt safer knowing that you could defend yourself if neeeded.

Oh, and a gun would've certainly stopped the SOB or at least immobilized him where as pepper spray very well could have been blown back in her face.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I feel like I got noticed more often when I was 300+ lbs.

But then again, I have been getting more attention again recently. So maybe I just didn't notice being noticed because, after finally becoming aware of my own distaste in my body, I was self-concious and did not acknowledge that anyone noticed me.

Wait... did that make sense? :huh:

yes...just yes. ((hugs))

and you are BEAUTIFUL
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I get noticed a lot but I think it's only because of my eyes....I guess I'm lucky people llike my eyes!!!
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options

I appreciate the response [and do not mean to force this thread into further digression], but your logic is absolutely specious. It would make sense, of course, if people with guns only shot people with guns [and, I suppose, in season animals]. But it turns out, that is not how it works at all.

In fact, after a good bit of searching, I was able to come up with the following news articles that show the positive results of owning and carrying guns into the general public:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Interesting stuff.

But let's be honest. Guns are a pretty easy target right now. Gun violence has been particularly rampant recently, and despite a reasonable effort to increase regulations on purchasing guns for former convicts, etc. being introduced to Congress, lobbyists [i.e., the NRA] have thrown around enough money for things like this to fail. I am all for the protection of Second Amendment rights, but keep in mind that in the past 220+ years, guns have gotten a little bit more advanced. There was a time when the same people who ratified the Second Amendment thought that black people made great farm equipment; finally, common sense prevailed and we thought to revisit some of the more archaic [and frankly, embarrassing] ideals of the past.

You are right; I do not know the circumstances of your decision. As I live in a major metropolitan area, parking lots are associated with grocery stores, places of business, and apartment complexes.

But as 'live and let live' is your political stance, I certainly hope you have not been an inhibitor of gay marriage, a woman's right to choose, euthanasia, or rampant drug culture.
    You're in the wrong place....this is a thread discussing positive results of our physical fitness efforts. Maybe you should take your political complaints to an online community designed for those discussions...

(not directed at you, jq.....you are correct, no explanation of your desire to carry is necessary!)
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I get noticed a lot but I think it's only because of my eyes....I guess I'm lucky people llike my eyes!!!

Most women with boobs like yours complain about guys not making eye contact at all.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Depends when I'm feeling happy in myself and confident I get noticed. When I don't feel that way I become invisible. Seems is all about the confidence. It comes and goes with me. When I'm on a night out, had a drink and I'm feeling confident, friends describe the attention I get as ridiculous. Took me a while to figure out its mostly because I feel much more confident then.

After having no confidence for so long, and being invisible I now find it pretty odd when I get noticed. Very strange to me and makes me a little uncomfortable. I don't take compliments very well. I usually bat them off! I'm working on it!

Zara
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Have you always or often been noticed? Sometimes? Rarely? Do people sometimes look at you after knowing you awhile and suddenly find you very attractive? What has been your particular experience with being seen and noticed?

I sometimes see people that I find very attractive that seem to slip under most people's radar, and also the opposite, where people who don't seem that physically attractive still get a lot of attention. I find it curious.

lol. if you have a vagina- you get noticed by guys all the time. just sayin.
  • DrBentonQuest
    Options
    You're in the wrong place....this is a thread discussing positive results of our physical fitness efforts. Maybe you should take your political complaints to an online community designed for those discussions...

(not directed at you, jq.....you are correct, no explanation of your desire to carry is necessary!)
    Cheers mate, but I think that relative to the headings in this online community, 'Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games' suits the discussion much better than 'Success Stories' or 'Motivation and Support.'

The beauty of conversation is that it is pliable and interesting, not stagnant and boring. I would be more than happy to continue my conversation on a one-on-one basis with the poster I was addressing, of course. But the conversation was being developed on this particular topic and I invite as much input as anyone feels like sharing.

That said, one place that jq and I do agree is that my ability to express my opinion is no more or less valuable than her ability to carry a weapon within all legal restrictions.
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Have you always or often been noticed? Sometimes? Rarely? Do people sometimes look at you after knowing you awhile and suddenly find you very attractive? What has been your particular experience with being seen and noticed?

I sometimes see people that I find very attractive that seem to slip under most people's radar, and also the opposite, where people who don't seem that physically attractive still get a lot of attention. I find it curious.

I get noticed too often, and usually people say the most mundane and repetitive things.

This happens to me too. Always the same lines. Boring!
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't pay enough attention. I have friends who point out to me, but I rarely notice.

I think sometimes it also depends on how I look. If I'm more dolled up, then I get approached more. However, if I'm in just like jeans and t-shirt....I rarely get approached/noticed. (but like I said, I don't pay enough attention)
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    I was badly bullied in high school, guys barked at me going down the hallways, girls called me names and shoved me as I walked by so I've become oblivious to whether or not anyone notices me. I think I kind of fall into the category where I think I'm invisible and nobody really looks but others tell me otherwise and that I get noticed often.
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Interesting stuff.

This is fascinating, and terrifying. I'm So happy i was born in the UK!