Please share your favourite quinoa recipes!!

Options

Replies

• 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/169590/quinoa-pilaf-with-shredded-chicken

This one is one of my favorites, I boil the chicken like chicken soup and use the broth instead of the sodium enriched canned type
  • miss_holly01
    miss_holly01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these everyone! They all sound yummy and many seem quick and easy!
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump - I love quinoa! :D
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    seriously if this hasn't been posted yet, PUHLEASE look at it, I feel very "meh" about quinoa, despite being a foodie and a self professed decent cook.. but THIS is YUMMMMMY http://food52.com/recipes/2434-one-pot-kale-and-quinoa-pilaf do it! you wont regret it! :)
  • NostalgicGraeme
    NostalgicGraeme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Patrick Holford's receipe. A quick google search found this: (Not the same but close enough; it's the spring onions that really make it tasty)

http://foodforwellbeing.wordpress.com/tag/quinoa-recipes-wheat-free-gluten-free-gluten-free-wheat-tabbouleh-salad-herbs-parsley-mint-lunch-snacks/
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Just to give my Inca Red some punch without a lot of time invested, I squeeze some Cilantro Paste in and stir. So yummy :)
  • greyt2bfit
    greyt2bfit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    these all look and sound so good!
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • NWSAVE
    NWSAVE Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to trying these recipes! Bumpity-bump-bump-bump!
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump for saving :-)
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Bumpin all over this.
  • Shag79
    Shag79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This Quinoa dish is DELISH! I served with grilled jalapeno lime chicken breast.

http://noblepig.com/2013/04/corn-and-jalapeno-skillet-quinoa/
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    BUMP. Have quinoa, need recipes. Thanks everyone!
    THIS!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Thanks Williams & Sonoma:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
    1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly in a sieve and drained well
    1 garlic clove, minced
    2 cups water
    1/2 tsp. kosher salt
    2 Tbs. dried cranberries, coarsely chopped

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans in a small baking pan, place in the oven and toast until they are fragrant and have taken on color, about 15 minutes. Pour onto a plate and let cool.

Meanwhile, in a large, deep fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until a quinoa seed dropped into it sizzles upon contact. Add the quinoa and cook, stirring, until the seeds are separate and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the water and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until any excess moisture is cooked off, about 1 minute.

Spoon the quinoa into a warmed serving dish. Top with the toasted pecans and cranberries, and serve. Serves 4.

Variation:

Quinoa with Pine Nuts and Broccoli Omit the pecans and substitute 2 Tbs. pine nuts, lightly toasted in a small, dry fry pan over low heat for about 3 minutes. Gently stir 2 cups chopped steamed broccoli florets into the quinoa during the last 1 minute of cooking.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I often add Quinoa when I make curry...especially if it's a really soupy sauce. The quinoa helps soak up the sauce so when I scoop up a spoonful, I get meat, veggies, and sauce-soaked quinoa. I do the same thing with other dishes that have a soupy sauce. :drinker:
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    have never tried quinoa but I am on an elimination diet (gluten free) so thought I would give it a try... anyone know of a gluten free bread that is half way decent tasting?
  • NJD2885
    NJD2885 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    bump!