I am so upset!

Options
12346»

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    She later on said that he yelled something at her.

Oh, okay, thanks. Then, he's an even bigger jerk than I thought.

hope it was SORRY!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure where to post this.

I lift 4-5 days per week and walk 5 miles everyday except Sunday.
    My walk is my daughter's morning nap.

Today, while walking the last mile, a man threw a soda at us and hit my 7 month old. She was soaked and it was already a cold cloudy day. Of course she was upset and screaming but thankfully I had brought an extra blanket and wrapped her up and was able to calm her down. Unfortunately he went around the curve before I was able to get his license plate number.

I wish I could have filed a police report! What type of human being would throw anything at a stranger let alone a baby!! I sobbed the entire rest of the walk home. My daughter is fine, I am sitting with her in the bathroom as she is splashing and playing in her tub while she gets warmed up and gets the sticky mess off. But what if it were a glass bottle? Or hot coffee? I live in one of the safest cities in the nation.

I don't know why but I really don't feel comfortable sharing this somewhere else. I just had to get it off of my chest. I am just beyond upset.

That's terrible! I'm so sorry this happened to you and your little girl. I haven't read all the comments. I hope you reported the incident to the police even though you didn't get the plate number. Unbelievable that somebody would do that to a child.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    What do you want us to do?

show some compassion, maybe! :noway:

OP: I'm sorry this happened to you and your baby and I'm glad that you're both okay.

To the nasty person: See how easy that was?
  • Moviegal77
    Moviegal77 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry this happened to you and your daughter. I truly believe that what goes around comes around.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wow what's wrong with people? I'm sorry!
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    And why *didn't* you file a police report, exactly?

Please enlighten us and tell us what the police can do without the plate#.

See my previous post.

In addition to what I posted there, if they see a pattern of this behavior in an area, they could increase patrols to try and catch the guy. Perhaps he's done this to others. But if they all think like the people in this discussion seem to, "Oh, they can't do anything without the plate, why bother?" then nothing will happen.

Most police departments file what is called an "Incident Report." -- or at least in my state they do. They are not actively investigated by a detective but it is still on record in case it is ever needed or more information is developed. Say for instance if the d-bag does it again and she gets a license number. Then its on record of when it occurred and can be tied in as a pattern of behavior.
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    glad you shared and glad you all are doing well. Now that you have shared, though a disturbing experience, try your best to move on and not use any more energy on someone whom does not deserve it. :flowerforyou:
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Im sorry you and your daughter had to endure that. Its sad when a person cant walk down the street without crap like this going on. I hope that individual pisses some one off and they beat the **** out of him. trust me acting like that he will get what he deserves.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Hopefully someday soon Karma B^&ch slaps this fool. Or better yet, Darwin cleans the gene pool before he really, really hurts someone.

Sorry this happend to you.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This is why there are so many threads regarding carrying a gun while you jog. So you can shoot out the tires of people like this.

Yeah, real good idea!!!! If she misses the tire and ends up shooting higher up. <shakes my head>

I'm not seeing the issue there?

Me neither (okay, maybe a little). The baby could have been seriously harmed.

I would at least carry some pepper spray. It obviously wouldn't help in this type of situation, but it could come in handy if you get someone too close while out on your walk.

Oh no you missed my point, I have a huge issue with the guy throwing something at her and her baby, I was responding to the post about missing the car and shooting higher up, it was a tongue in cheek comment though.
  • eagertoloseweight1
    Options
    I need to lose weight! What is a fast way? I need some motivation!
  • agooddaytodiesoft
    Options
    That guy deserves a beating!
  • Love_Blasphemy
    Options
  • AylaishlyBecca
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you and your baby. So you take from this a new sense of alertness, but don't let people like that dictate your life. We used to live next to a bike trail. I walked with a *****y attitude...not distracted, not texting or listening to music...be aware of your surroundings. I walked during times it was the most busiest, not mid morning when there wasnt anyone to hear me scream.. hahaha sounds like a line from a scary movie eh? Just take positive constructive feelings from this experience :-) Becca