What's the best weight loss / fitness advice you ever got?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• jesse1952
    jesse1952 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The best advice I've received is "get your priorities straight" when I was telling a workout buddy that I haven't had much time for the gym lately.
  • jgbkab
    jgbkab Posts: 24
    Options
    Don't eat until you're full, eat until you're no longer hungry. Also, every day of your life isn't the most exciting day, so every meal that you eat shouldn't be the tastiest meal. If most meals are tasteless, you won't always have to worry about overeating.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Count calories, you're probably thirsty not hungry(true because I ate when I was thirsty for the longest), eat whole foods
  • Lormic98
    Lormic98 Posts: 33
    Options
    "run your own race"

it can be too tempting to compare our bodies/work outs/foods with others. i "run my own race", and focus on being supportive of those around me. :)

I like this one!
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My personal mantra for working out is just, "everyday". If I'm feeling lazy or short on time-I don't exercise for as long. But I still do it every day. It's how I hold myself accountable, and it's an awesome habit!

Also that it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle.

Absolutely! Icould so easily skip my morning workout sometimes - especially weekends - but I think, hey, its only 20 mins. Do I really want to watch 20 more minutes of bad news on TV? No I don't.
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is much harder than dieting, so learn about what it takes to maintain while you are still dieting.