Real people

Options

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I am myself at all times. I make no apologies for who I am and offer a great big specific finger to the people who have a problem with it. Yes, it makes it tough to make friends sometimes, but it quickly weeds out weak or overly-sensitive people who I would end up disliking, anyways. Worth it.
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am always real, and you have to know my personality often times to understand me. So random strangers I will just make a comment to, or say things on the internet that can easily be mistaken as an innuendo or some other type of meaning.

my thought is if people dont like me, oh well...

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! Been there done that! If you are sensitive watch out around me
  • Shauncho49
    Shauncho49 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    HAH...I could give a crap less what other people want me to be. I DO WHAT I WANT!!
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I am always me. I have no choice, unfortunately.

Why not be you? Everyone else is already taken :P
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Everyone pretends to be someone else at some time. Even if it's only a little or only to certain people.

I think people only do that if they are people pleasing. I don't think that everyone does it. Some people just let it all hang out
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    HAH...I could give a crap less what other people want me to be. I DO WHAT I WANT!!

tumblr_lrwopd7Od51qfz40vo1_500.gif
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm me, the queen of my nerd herd.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I used to be real.
    Then I got online.
  • glbragg
    glbragg Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am a French model because whatever you read on the internet is true. I read that on the internet.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Everyone pretends to be someone else at some time. Even if it's only a little or only to certain people.

I think people only do that if they are people pleasing. I don't think that everyone does it. Some people just let it all hang out

It's not really just "people pleasing", if you have a crappy boss or co-worker you can't exactly just b!tch them out whenever you feel like it. There are certain situations in life where it is prudent to not be 100% "real"
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Real. I like it.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I tend to be kind of shy and quiet until I get to know people or feel comfortable in a situation... unless Im drinking and then it's all over with. If Im drinking then I don't shut up lol.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I grew up obsessing over what people thought about me, and it continued up through college (because let's be real, going away to a university is extremely similar to high school)

But a few years ago I finally stopped giving a *kitten*. I'm pretty darn real, I say what I think, I share real things about my life, and I'm not ashamed to be silly or controversial or outspoken. However, the one caveat to that is that I fully believe in picking your battles, because unnecessary drama is... well... unnecessary.

Pretty much the only situation where I still act 'fake' is when I'm new at a job, or around customers -- because you can never let on that you are angry or upset when you work in retail. I've gotten really good at plastering on a smile when I would love nothing more than to say "well **** you too ma'am" to a b!tchy customer...

I can totally respect and understand that kind of "fake" My beef is with this whole drama thing. I never had drama growing up and to be honest I still don't personally, but in this area I see a lot of "adults" behaving like catty little brats and it is just mind boggling to me.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    On the internet I am not shy at all.

IRL? That's another story.

Why would you want to be shy irl?

Who said that I wanted to be?
    It's just the way it is..
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Though I also admit I AM NOT rude or cruel and just say things to hurt people. However I am myself, and you will always know where you stand. Also I am the person that has those awkward talks with people.....hey your fly is open, hey you have a booger, or if you want to know something ask me, I will tell you what I think.
    I am always real, and you have to know my personality often times to understand me. So random strangers I will just make a comment to, or say things on the internet that can easily be mistaken as an innuendo or some other type of meaning.

my thought is if people dont like me, oh well...

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! Been there done that! If you are sensitive watch out around me
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I am myself at all times. I make no apologies for who I am and offer a great big specific finger to the people who have a problem with it. Yes, it makes it tough to make friends sometimes, but it quickly weeds out weak or overly-sensitive people who I would end up disliking, anyways. Worth it.

Totally understand this if you make it past two weeks with me you have a friend for life!
  • jasmineconley
    Options

Right on!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

I couldn't have put this better, this is me to a T.
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i'm a different person every few weeks. i don't know who 'the real me' is. i don't even think there is a 'real me'.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I'm me, the queen of my nerd herd.

There is nothing wrong with being nerdy. The most interesting people are the ones that can speak nerdy to you ;)