Real people

Options

Replies

• jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I grew up obsessing over what people thought about me, and it continued up through college (because let's be real, going away to a university is extremely similar to high school)

But a few years ago I finally stopped giving a *kitten*. I'm pretty darn real, I say what I think, I share real things about my life, and I'm not ashamed to be silly or controversial or outspoken. However, the one caveat to that is that I fully believe in picking your battles, because unnecessary drama is... well... unnecessary.

Pretty much the only situation where I still act 'fake' is when I'm new at a job, or around customers -- because you can never let on that you are angry or upset when you work in retail. I've gotten really good at plastering on a smile when I would love nothing more than to say "well **** you too ma'am" to a b!tchy customer...

I can totally respect and understand that kind of "fake" My beef is with this whole drama thing. I never had drama growing up and to be honest I still don't personally, but in this area I see a lot of "adults" behaving like catty little brats and it is just mind boggling to me.

You never had drama growing up? Must be nice... :tongue:

Haha, but I agree. There is far too much silly drama at my workplace currently, hence the "pick your battles" method and I just try to stay out of it for the most part... though I do have a nasty tendency to gossip. I can't keep a secret for the life of me... :X

I can't believe that there are so many adults that behave so badly! I often wonder if I gave them the whoopin they missed growing up would they straighten their act out?
  • dognamedpig
    dognamedpig Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I tend to be kind of shy and quiet until I get to know people or feel comfortable in a situation... unless Im drinking and then it's all over with. If Im drinking then I don't shut up lol.

This is me. Reserved around strangers then BAM! loud, laughing and sometimes loose of tongue.

Oh, and I'll join in giving the whoopins being handed out.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Online i'm a real *kitten*-bag..........oh wait....what was the question

I love this! You will get far online
  • Teddy_B
    Teddy_B Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Everyone pretends to be someone else at some time. Even if it's only a little or only to certain people.

I think people only do that if they are people pleasing. I don't think that everyone does it. Some people just let it all hang out

Some of us work in professions that require us to be people pleasing. And it kinda tends to bleed over into other aspects of life.

I will admit I used to be really shy, but I decided that I wanted to be more outgoing. So I started pretending to be confident and outgoing. Eventually I wasn't pretending anymore. Now I can talk to a stranger as if I've known them for years.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I am a throttled back version of Me...i think i am a little to much for most people....

Most people don't even know what they want or who they are so screw em!
  • PrimalSiren
    PrimalSiren Posts: 144
    Options
    On the internet I am not shy at all.

IRL? That's another story.

^^This

I am going through a phase where I don't give a **** about what people think of me lately. *shrugs* Maybe I'm finally growing up and becoming comfortable in my own skin. Either way, it rocks!
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I work down at the pizza pit
    And I drive an old Hyundai
    I still live with my mom and dad
    I'm 5'3 and overweight

I'm a Sci-Fi fanatic
    Mild asthmatic
    Never been to 2nd base
    But there's a whole nother me
    That you need to see
    Go check out MySpace

'cause online I'm out in Hollywood
    I'm 6'5 and I look damn good
    I drive a Maserati
    I'm a black belt in Karate
    And I love a good glass of wine

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
    I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious
    'cause even on a slow day I can have a three way
    Chat with two women at one time

I'm so much cooler online
    So much cooler online

You rock my socks!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    <
    Bipolar:laugh: :sad: :explode: :smile: :noway: :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :noway: :huh: :sad: :brokenheart: :cry:
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I totally restrain myself online. The whole Normal Person + Anonymity = Total *kitten* principle is one that I try to be conscious of. I want to be a nice person and while I can be a bit... honest... from time to time, I think I manage, for the most part. What you see online is pretty close to the real deal, just with a wee bit more tongue-biting.

I follow what you are saying. Do you have levels of real but with sprinkles of less tongue biting?
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Real online and in person, if I know you. Otherwise in person I am more laid back and go with the flow, since I tend to be a bit shy until I know you, then refer back to the first part lol

Interesting... So if I got to know you the real crazy would come out?
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I'm always real. Gets me in trouble a lot, but whatever. Love me or hate me........or bite me.

You are my kind of people :)
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Sometimes I pretend to be a woman

Sometimes men pretend to be women too. I'm pretty sure that most are just big boys wearing men's shoes.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I tend to be kind of shy and quiet until I get to know people or feel comfortable in a situation... unless Im drinking and then it's all over with. If Im drinking then I don't shut up lol.

This is me. Reserved around strangers then BAM! loud, laughing and sometimes loose of tongue.

Handing out whoopins are always more fun with friends :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Real online and in person, if I know you. Otherwise in person I am more laid back and go with the flow, since I tend to be a bit shy until I know you, then refer back to the first part lol

haha I don't think I have a crazy side but who knows
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Everyone pretends to be someone else at some time. Even if it's only a little or only to certain people.

I think people only do that if they are people pleasing. I don't think that everyone does it. Some people just let it all hang out

Some of us work in professions that require us to be people pleasing. And it kinda tends to bleed over into other aspects of life.

I will admit I used to be really shy, but I decided that I wanted to be more outgoing. So I started pretending to be confident and outgoing. Eventually I wasn't pretending anymore. Now I can talk to a stranger as if I've known them for years.

I see you have employed the fake it til you make it routine. I'm glad it's working out for you!
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    On the internet I am not shy at all.

IRL? That's another story.

^^This

I am going through a phase where I don't give a **** about what people think of me lately. *shrugs* Maybe I'm finally growing up and becoming comfortable in my own skin. Either way, it rocks!

Way to go! Shake what people think off and keep on stepping! You are rocking out loud!
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    <
    Bipolar:laugh: :sad: :explode: :smile: :noway: :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :noway: :huh: :sad: :brokenheart: :cry:

Do you also hear voices inside your head? If so are they any fun?!?!?!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

Handing out whoopins are always more fun with friends :)

Did someone Call Me...
  • yankeez1212
    Options
    I am the best me i can be, but often feel I am not who I want to be, if that makes sense.
  • jasmineconley
    Options

haha I don't think I have a crazy side but who knows

I believe everyone is crazy. Some are just less harmful than others