Is it okay to eat fruit past 8pm?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    lol not its not ok to eat ANYTHING after 8pm. it sits in your stomach and as you sleep your body spends time breaking that down instead of breaking down your fat because believe it or not you burn calories while you sleep

This is 100% a myth.
    No, it's true! This is how you can produce free energy from the vacuum and turn a human body into a perpetual motion machine.

Okay okay... I'm not a scientist... but what you're saying is, if I stop eating after 8pm, I'll never have to sleep?
    If you eat after 8PM, the energy from the food fuels your body during the night... and then during the day your body doesn't have that fuel so it pulls energy from the aether instead.

Right this is common knowledge...and when your body does not have fuel it goes into starvation mode which can only be reversed by drinking one gallon of raspberry ketones...

Okay... It's starting to come together... But I've heard that if you don't drink the raspberry ketones in 8 oz increments the excess fluits will automatically turn into fat molecules. Is this true? Or is it okay to drink the gallon all at once?

ummm I just checked page ten of Dr Oz's raspberry ketone while doing handstand cleanse, and yes this is correct 8oz increments or the excess fluids turn into fat molecules which automatically converts your muscle to fat...and trust me, you don't want that to happen....
  • busywifehealthylife
    Options
    A blog I read foodbabe.com recommends fasting 12 hours per day (e.g. If you're waking up at 6 am to eat breakfast, stop eating at 6 pm). I try to follow that rule of thumb so for your case it would depend on when you intend to eat again.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Really O.o? I literally just learned that your body puts ATP into temporary reserves and after about eight hours or so if it is not used up it is deposited as fat for long-term storage.. therefore if you eat sleep directly after it (even though sleeping and just existing does burn calories) you'd have a surplus of ATP which your body assumes you don't need immediately.

And from what I understand, sugars/monosaccarides/carbohydrates all go through glycolysis/krebs cycle/oxidative phosphorylation as well as proteins and lipids (though they join in at a later point)... so it shouldn't matter what you eat it all ultimately gets converted into ATP in one way or another which would be stored (converted?) long-term as fat if there was a surplus of ATP (energy).

I'm not saying "No you're wrong, it's not a myth," I'm legitimately curious as to what made you think it was a myth? My current understanding supports it, but university-level bio isn't necessarily the most reliable source xD and I'd love to be corrected now rather than keep this knowledge into a medical career and find that I was misinformed.

If you burn 500 more calories in a day than you took in, where does the excess 500 calories (the ones you didn't eat that day) come from?
  • egarrett8911
    Options
    lol not its not ok to eat ANYTHING after 8pm. it sits in your stomach and as you sleep your body spends time breaking that down instead of breaking down your fat because believe it or not you burn calories while you sleep

This is 100% a myth.
    No, it's true! This is how you can produce free energy from the vacuum and turn a human body into a perpetual motion machine.

Okay okay... I'm not a scientist... but what you're saying is, if I stop eating after 8pm, I'll never have to sleep?
    If you eat after 8PM, the energy from the food fuels your body during the night... and then during the day your body doesn't have that fuel so it pulls energy from the aether instead.

Right this is common knowledge...and when your body does not have fuel it goes into starvation mode which can only be reversed by drinking one gallon of raspberry ketones...

Okay... It's starting to come together... But I've heard that if you don't drink the raspberry ketones in 8 oz increments the excess fluits will automatically turn into fat molecules. Is this true? Or is it okay to drink the gallon all at once?

ummm I just checked page ten of Dr Oz's raspberry ketone while doing handstand cleanse, and yes this is correct 8oz increments or the excess fluids turn into fat molecules which automatically converts your muscle to fat...and trust me, you don't want that to happen....

Wow, I'm glad I checked with you before I started! This weightloss thing is so complicated...
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Fruits contain sugar. The body's biggest production spurts of growth hormone occur during the early hours of sleep, and high blood sugar levels inhibit growth hormone release. Cottage cheese should be fine before bed though.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious
  • bigsargeofsc
    Options
    Fruit is not the best before bed option because of the high sugar count. If you're hungry before bedtime, I suggest getting casein protein from your health food store and having that before bed. It is a slowly absorbed protein that will keep you full during the night and help with muscle recovery. It will not cause you to bulk up or anything like that.
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    I want to eat some pineapples or honeydew melon slices or maybe an apple but idk if its okay considering that its late.

If it's within your caloric intake and it fits your macro nutrient goals, why not? Nothing magic happens at night. I'd personally go with the lower glycemic food, i.e. the apple but in the end it's not that big a deal.

nothing magic happens at night? I thought that was when Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, et al come out???? My dreams have been shattered....

My 3 year old believes in the rock fairy. I don't know where she got that idea from, but she's convinced all she has to do to get new rocks is to leave ones she doesn't want under her pillow at night.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I am completely dumbfounded by the sheer stupidity of some people who give advice on here sometimes. I thought I'd had my fill of it on Facebook last night..... but this one is placing 1st.

Can I ask...those of you who said it's NOT ok to eat after 8pm...... how on earth did any of you lose weight to begin with? I mean it's after 8pm here...actually it's after 9pm here & if any of you are now eating then STOP..... you will put on weight. :noway: Oh wait...you mean me eating after 8pm? Well here I am enjoying 2 eggs, a banana, flaxseed, peanut butter & crispbread.

Oh crap....I am in trouble.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I want to eat some pineapples or honeydew melon slices or maybe an apple but idk if its okay considering that its late.

dont do it.... look what happened to mogli when he was fed after midnight....
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it comes down to math. Calories in versus calories/out. If you consume more than what you want to eat calorie wise - you will eventually gain. Eating a fruit which is low calorie anyway will not make a difference. I've eaten unhealthy snacks and I've been losing weight.

I haven't been eating well... for my diet. I'm still eating my pizza, but yet I've been losing weight. Last night for example I had 4 slices of Hungry Howies pizza and we had the pizza around 8:45pm (they are low on calories for pizza - only 190 a slice) and I was still under my 1200 goal.

Get up this morning - weigh myself and found I had dropped a pound. Not sure if my diary is public, but feel free to look at it though. :)

Oh and p.s. if this post didn't make 100% sense., i'm sorry...I am going to the oral surgeon and I had to take ativan and they said it could make you loopy
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Oh and p.s. if this post didn't make 100% sense., i'm sorry...I am going to the oral surgeon and I had to take ativan and they said it could make you loopy

Your post made perfect sense...... and even if you were 'loopy' it's still be better than some of the posts. :flowerforyou:
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Honey Badger don't care what time he eats. Neither should you!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Fruit is not the best before bed option because of the high sugar count. If you're hungry before bedtime, I suggest getting casein protein from your health food store and having that before bed. It is a slowly absorbed protein that will keep you full during the night and help with muscle recovery. It will not cause you to bulk up or anything like that.

Those guys at GNC really worked you over well didn't they.

I eat peanut butter then some ice cream before bed. Is this going to hurt me in your opinion?

I also eat 2k calories routinely before bed consisting of ice cream, 3-4 servings of fruit, pop tarts etc. (with other food too of course)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Yes, as long as it doesn't then cause you to over eat.

Do whatever is easiest for you to remain in a calorie deficit, be that eating fruit or not, after whatever time.

That is a personal thing.
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Melon and pineapple would be fine as they grow on the ground but apples should be eaten in the morning as they come from trees.

We should be eating from trees in the morning, bushes/shrubs in the afternoon, the ground in the evening.

I think it's in the bible.