800cals

Replies

• KayLgee
    KayLgee Posts: 136 Member
    Guys, the ticker below shows just ONE goal. I appreciate the 'she's crazy' style comments but really I just wanna know the best way of achieving high calorie loss / high heart rate.

I don't agree with 1lb MAX being a goal at all.
  • 1 hour running
    1 hour swimming
    Half an hour cycling
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Guys, the ticker below shows just ONE goal. I appreciate the 'she's crazy' style comments but really I just wanna know the best way of achieving high calorie loss / high heart rate.

Ohhh so you just want to see a number change? You don't want to work toward overall health? You don't want to get faster or stronger? You don't care about preserving LBM and losing FAT over WEIGHT? Okay, my bad.

You can reach a goal weight and not be happy with your body because of your body fat %. Your goal weight looks different on everyone depending on build and muscle mass.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Thanks guys !!

/

I used to burn 600-700 doing 45min insanity, I just don't have the space to do it anymore.

I want to burn that amount because I am looking to lose around 2.5lb per week for 10 weeks, therefore creating a larger deficit.

Then do the month 2 insanity workouts; you'll hit your goal!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    I'm 5'6", 120 lbs and burn 800 calories running almost 9 miles. Takes about an hour an 15 minutes.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    a friend of mine swears by the gyms ARC machines ... full out, she gets off it drenched and burns 6-700 calories in that hour
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I want to burn that amount because I am looking to lose around 2.5lb per week for 10 weeks, therefore creating a larger deficit.
    You realize that's not realistic for someone who has less than 50 lbs to lose, right?
    Can we cue the overdoing it and need to take it slower comments now? You know, the ones you wanted to make sure we didn't say? (like you have any control over comments you receive on a public forum)
  • KayLgee

Ohhh so you just want to see a number change? You don't want to work toward overall health? You don't want to get faster or stronger? You don't care about preserving LBM and losing FAT over WEIGHT? Okay, my bad.

You can reach a goal weight and not be happy with your body because of your body fat %. Your goal weight looks different on everyone depending on build and muscle mass.

I really didn't ask nor appreciate your opinion, you don't know anymore than the few words I have said so PLEASE do not tell me what I do or do not care about.
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    I use an 8kg kettlebell to do the 'Bob Harper - Kettlebell Cardio' DVD and I can burn around 600 calories in 30 mins. It's an hour DVD and I'm sure if I actually did the whole thing it would be around 1200. I also wear my polar ft4 when I use the DVD, and I hear their supposed to be quite accurate, so it can't be a lie haha. The kettlebell is also really fun to use in my opinion. :)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    by the time I work out on weights for 20 minutes, then walk for 20 minutes on a high incline at 4mph then run for 30 minutes I have literally burned damn near 800 calories in that hour and 10 minutes.
  • KayLgee
    I used a HRM while doing insanity which is where I got the 600-700 stats from, 800 is not much more so are we now all saying that insanity is over doing it?

I really appreciate the helpful answers apposed to the know it alls :)
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    It is possible to burn that much without being overweight like many of the people who have responded have said. I have a very healthy BMI and I burn that much doing a boxing fitness class according to my HRM. It isn't like a "cardiokick" class or anything, it is an actually boxing class that focuses more on the fitness aspect than the fighting (so we don't really spar with each other, just the coach). It is the hardest class I've ever done, but it is addicting. It doesn't ever get easier with time either which is nice, I've been doing it for over a year and I still get sore because we always do something different.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    You realize that's not realistic for someone who has less than 50 lbs to lose, right?
    Can we cue the overdoing it and need to take it slower comments now? You know, the ones you wanted to make sure we didn't say? (like you have any control over comments you receive on a public forum)

Running would get you there. I can do almost 2000 calories in 1 hour 40 minutes.
    Afterwards I eat back those calories too, because I needz them. So don't forget to up your eating by 800 calories! :flowerforyou:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member

I really didn't ask nor appreciate your opinion, you don't know anymore than the few words I have said so PLEASE do not tell me what I do or do not care about.

You said it right there, all you care about is the number. Suit yourself. Have fun. But, you did ask for our opinions and I offered an awesome suggestion.
    Lift all the weights, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six-week-shred-torch-fat-with-hiit-100s.html
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Just as an idea, I am 170 lbs and did a non-stop boxing class that included every hard workout on planet earth for the entire hour without a 1 second break and I burned 600 calories.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    This is one of those tell.me what I hear or screw off threads. Op, please come back in10wka with pics on tips on how you lose 2.5lbs a week.
  • KayLgee
    You said it right there, all you care about is the number. Suit yourself. Have fun. But, you did ask for our opinions and I offered an awesome suggestion.
    Lift all the weights, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six-week-shred-torch-fat-with-hiit-100s.html

No I didn't and no I don't, I asked for opinions on plans to burn high calories not opinions on how you feel I view myself and my journey. You could have just advised on weight lifting and dropped the rudeness. We are all different and we are all trying to make it work for ourselves. Good luck on your journey, don't mind mine.
  • KayLgee
    This is one of those tell.me what I hear or screw off threads. Op, please come back in10wka with pics on tips on how you lose 2.5lbs a week.

Ok no problem, what a helpful and necessary post you just wasted your time on.
  • msny15
    msny15 Posts: 14
    ZUMBA!!!! You could burn 800 in 90 minutes for sure :)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,089 Member
    I used a HRM while doing insanity which is where I got the 600-700 stats from, 800 is not much more so are we now all saying that insanity is over doing it?

I really appreciate the helpful answers apposed to the know it alls :)

My HRM says I burn 800 kcal running for 40 minutes, does not mean I burn that much, my HRM is off
    You didn't state how much you have to les or how much you weight so people trying to help you estimate from your ticker,
    IMO you are doing it wrong, but hey, what do i know, good luck to you