800cals

Options

Replies

• KayLgee
    KayLgee Posts: 139
    Options
    Thanks guys, i'm definitely gonna add Zumba to the mix!!
  • missblackamerica
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 153. The past couple weeks I've been actually burning 795+ calories on the treadmill. I start off at an 8 incline at 4.0 mph for 7-10 minutes (depending on if I feel like jumping right into it or not). Then at the 7 or 10 minute mark I up the incline to 14.5 at 3.7 mph. You can burn a ridiculous amount of calories that way. Make sure you put in your weight on the treadmill for a more accurate count.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I do insanity and walking and I burn around that but it take closer to 2 hours for me
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Zumba class. I burn about 650-750/ hr. Add a little cool down walk and you're at 800
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    This is one of those tell.me what I hear or screw off threads. Op, please come back in10wka with pics on tips on how you lose 2.5lbs a week.

Ok no problem, what a helpful and necessary post you just wasted your time on.

You are going to lose so much weight doing this! I bet you will lose 5-10lbs a week! I am so jealous as will all your friend be. You will have so much energy burning 800cals a day!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I burn a lot doing Zumba, with my arthritis I can't work out as much as some of the ladies there, but I hit between 6 and 700 in an hour. So that is a good fun option.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 90 minutes of Spin, Circuits and Kettlebells for a while, and regularly burn over 1000 calories (averages around 1030). They are back to back classes at my gym, killer workout.

EDITED: To say I use a Polar FT4 HRM.
  • mmimmi1
    mmimmi1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think you could burn that much with Insanity, but it would be really hard on your joints and you would need to wear a heart rate monitor. I might have to do the workout twice a day (do not recomend it)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I want to burn that amount because I am looking to lose around 2.5lb per week for 10 weeks,

Ain't gonna happen. It's going to be more like 1 pound a week, and when you get down to your last 10-15 pounds it will probably be half a pound a week. The stress you create trying to lose 2.5 lb/week will cause your cortisol levels to rise and prevent weight loss.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Guys, the ticker below shows just ONE goal. I appreciate the 'she's crazy' style comments but really I just wanna know the best way of achieving high calorie loss / high heart rate.

I don't agree with 1lb MAX being a goal at all.

Ohhh so you just want to see a number change? You don't want to work toward overall health? You don't want to get faster or stronger? You don't care about preserving LBM and losing FAT over WEIGHT? Okay, my bad.

You can reach a goal weight and not be happy with your body because of your body fat %. Your goal weight looks different on everyone depending on build and muscle mass.

Well said ..... some people just see the number on the scale and nothing else matters :frown:
  • newlifeforlucas
    Options
    I burn around 100 cals per ten minutes of running at 10km/ hour (around 6mph), I usually only sustain this for an hour so burn 600 cals. However 20 more minutes and I would burn 800 in 80 minutes, so it's definitely possible! And btw my bmi is 19 and these are readings from a gym treadmill.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    First: I'm a Zumba Instructor, a fitness instructor, a personal trainer, and a weight-lifter.

I was teaching Zumba 4 days/week for an hour each session for 10 months and yes, I did lose weight, but I wasn't happy with my results. I hired myself a personal trainer (before I became one) and got into lifting weights and eating clean.

I saw better results after just SIX WEEKS of eating clean and lifting weights 4-5 days/week for 45 minutes to 1 hour than I did doing Zumba 4-5 hours/week for TEN MONTHS!

Yes, I lost 17 pounds in that 10 months by doing Zumba, but I didn't look much better naked. Just a smaller version of my soft self.

I started lifting weights and eating clean (by clean I mean no pre-packaged processed stuff). I didn't drop nearly the same amount of weight, but I lost more in inches, I've solidified those "soft spots" and I had more energy, stamina, strength and confidence.

I'm not saying you SHOULD or SHOULDN'T do something...I'm telling you what works for me and what I do recommend to anyone that comes to me asking for advice.

#1 - I drink a gallon of water daily
    #2 - I try to eat 1g of protein per pound of body weight daily.
    #3 - I use resistance training to strengthen muscles (the more lean muscle you have the more calories your body burns at rest).

I realized that I am MORE than just the number on a scale - I hope that you can learn to appreciate that in yourself as well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Why? I mean yes you're going to eat it back and everything, but if you're trying to lose weight and look better, you're probably better off doing weight lifting than trying to burn as many calories as possible.

I'd have to do a class of bodyjam (or I guess any Les Mills classes that have cardio, like bodyattack or bodycombat or bodystep) and a class of bodypump the same day to get 800 calories burned, and I would probably not be able to function the next day. It's too much, and your muscles need time to recover after that.

Otherwise, run.
  • Kittenopolis
    Kittenopolis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Zumba. Zumba, zumba, zumba.

I've compared this site w/ my HRM throughout my weight loss & it has never over estimated, but it is ALWAYS very close to what my HRM says.

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 62 minute flat out cycle ride (on a very windy day!) and burned 830cals.
    (But I'm probably bigger/heavier than you.)

Really the highest burn rate you are looking at a full body cardio exercise to work the most muscles - elliptical or rowing machines give me the highest calorie per minute burn.

PS - what a shame there are so many negative people who feel the need to judge someone who is working hard towards their own particular goals.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    OP, you cannot choose how much fat you lose per week. We all have a limit to how much fat mass that can be oxidized in a single day and the amount - or max calorie deficit - is dependent on how much total fat mass one has.

For example, I have about 15 lbs of total body fat. Thus, 31 calories x 15 lbs = max 465 calories. This means that hypothetically speaking, my body will not use body fat as fuel if my deficit exceeds 465 calories below my maintenance level of calories. In reality, I can only pursue no greater than a 300 calorie deficit because I notice I lose excessive lean body mass when I go beyond that amount.

My point is unless you have over 150 lbs of body fat to lose, then it isn't a realistic goal.

Here is the study on the max deficit, if you are interested:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15615615
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys !!

/

I used to burn 600-700 doing 45min insanity, I just don't have the space to do it anymore.

I want to burn that amount because I am looking to lose around 2.5lb per week for 10 weeks, therefore creating a larger deficit.

The only way you'll do that is by starving and overexercising, and that's not a good plan. You'll be exhausted and may slow your metabolism. Very unhealthy.
  • teehee1211
    Options
    try spinning. Either that or distance running with intervals
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Spinning.....use an HRM
  • debralekicsummers
    debralekicsummers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Insanity burns crazy calories.