Satan! Get your big, fat foot off of MY SCALE!!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    To put it out there, there are Christian groups on MFP that this might be better received.

Thanks for your suggestion, Sis. I haven't joined any other groups...except MFP. I didn't see why my little cartoon and my beliefs should be that offensive. However, some folks feel the need to censor other folks thoughts. All I can do is pray for them. 2 Timothy 1:12

Because not everyone shares the same belief. It's best to just keep religion off the main forums and just in groups users have created.

Why should she have to take it somewhere else, just because some may not believe the same?

It is a silly argument I always hear. If you don't believe it, then don't read. I never read the posts about eating almost 2000 calories for women, because that isn't what I believe works for me. No big deal, I don't get all crazy about the posts.

Stop taking life so seriously and just believe what you want to believe...don't care what others believe in.

No, sorry it's NOT silly. The main forums to be free of divisive topics, religion is such. There are groups within this site of like minded people who appreciate this kind of post. I believe the OP had good intentions -- but dude is completely right, it's out of place here.

To me, it is silly. It is a message board about motivation. This is her motivation. It amazes me how much people get in a tizzy about someone's religion. Life is too short to care about what someone else believes.

Live a carefree life and you won't be as miserable. (You as in general).
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Out of respect for my friend I will not post further. I will wish God's blessings. Take them or leave them.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to me.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do not see why Christians should have to be segregated and boxed in to certain groups, everyone is telling the OP that she should have posted it in a christian group had she done that many who enjoyed her post would not have seen it. On the forums you post your beliefs and opinions she has the right to post what she wants where she wants. As does everyone else who posted. I think a couple of people assumed that one person or another was offended to quickly, which caused the problem.

Also why worry about if she is short changing herself obviously she doesn't see it that way.
    i noticed a while back that any post Christian related attractions many non believers and their mockery and not funny jokes.

So I commend you OP for saying what you wanted and not being ashamed of your believes or being willing to open up yourself to people who have nothing encouraging to say.

No matter what you blame the number on the scale on good or bad just remember to keep going!
    For me i'd rather be a fat christian than a thin person who believed we all just evolved from nothing any day. But, Thank God I do not have to choose!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    LOL that's awesome, I love it, I see a picture floating around of a person stepping on the back of a skinny persons scale and the weigher is always freaking out, I just love these.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Out of respect for my friend I will not post further. I will wish God's blessings. Take them or leave them.

My thanks to your friend.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm not a spiritual or religious person, but I do not believe that those who are should be censored because of theirs. Sure there are forums where people can go to talk about religion, but there are also forums where people can go to talk about television shows, and sexual things, yet no one has too much of an issue with that. Is it really that hard to just ignore something you don't agree with? Does it make you feel better to tell the OP that "Satan doesn't exist"? OP truly believes, as do many others, that every bad decision she makes that Satan is behind it. It is nobody's job to judge her or tell her she's wrong, just let have her beliefs dang.

Not trying to derail the thread, but a good Christian, and really just a good person in general, takes ownership of their own bad decisions. Satan is a representation of evil in the world, not evil within oneself. The sin belongs to the sinner.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't blame some imaginary imp for my scale being wonky. I blame my wonky scale.....and I blame my body for not cooperating with my efforts.....

Satan is no imaginary imp to me, Sis. I know what he did in my life, before I realized who I was serving in those dark, old days. I was 57 years old, before I discovered the truth, and my life has never been the same. I am so blessed.

My Lord is with me and supporting me in everything that I do. I ask for His help and get it. He is my strength, when I am weak.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

I love this pic but what I like the most is your faith! And yes! We can do all things through Christ.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm not a spiritual or religious person, but I do not believe that those who are should be censored because of theirs. Sure there are forums where people can go to talk about religion, but there are also forums where people can go to talk about television shows, and sexual things, yet no one has too much of an issue with that. Is it really that hard to just ignore something you don't agree with? Does it make you feel better to tell the OP that "Satan doesn't exist"? OP truly believes, as do many others, that every bad decision she makes that Satan is behind it. It is nobody's job to judge her or tell her she's wrong, just let have her beliefs dang.

Lots and lots of threads get taken down for being sexual or political -- not just religious posts. They have groups for all of that -- including religion. The main boards are to be non-controversial, I don't understand why that is so hard.

People can get controversy from anything! Have you ever read the poptarts and Ice cream threads?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Lots and lots of threads get taken down for being sexual or political -- not just religious posts. They have groups for all of that -- including religion. The main boards are to be non-controversial, I don't understand why that is so hard.

People can get controversy from anything! Have you ever read the poptarts and Ice cream threads?

Ah... good point.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to me.
    Happy Birthday Lea!!! WOOOHOOO!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Happy birthday to me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:heart: :drinker:
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I loved your illustration, and sense of humor. Due to the fact that I have a food addiction (for me it is very much like being an alcoholic or drug addict), I rely on God for strength to get through the temptations put out there by satan; so your post was appropriate and appreciated by those of us who do suffer temptation!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.