Replies

• mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    oops double post
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 1.90 meters (6'3'') tall and my normal weight would be at 90kg (198lbs) though my final goal is actually more around 100 -110 kg ( 220 - 242 lbs) because i don't wanna look thin... i wanna look healty but still have something to grab hold on. *lol*
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I am 1.90 meters (6'3'') tall and my normal weight would be at 90kg (198lbs) though my final goal is actually more around 100 -110 kg ( 220 - 242 lbs) because i don't wanna look thin... i wanna look healty but still have something to grab hold on. *lol*

Lucky girl! I always wanted to be tall!! I thought I was 5'8" for years, but doctor's office set me straight... :angry: :laugh:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'0"
    Frame: medium, muscular (legs 'o steel)
    Goal weight: 125ish

Why the "ish"? I'm more concerned about body composition than weight. Example: At 128 pounds and at my height, I am a size 4, roughly 23-24% body fat. With healthy eating (i.e. no binging or going overboard on cheats), this is a very comfy weight for me to obtain. Anything lower and I really have to fight for it through harder training or more obsessive intake control. In the 132-134 range I am a solid size 6, around 27% BF.

My current weight, 140, is more of a comfy "sedentary" weight. I am a size 7-8 currently, 30% BF. I get stuck here if I'm not as mindful about treats and cheats. Previously, last fall I was at 133, a size smaller...then I got sloppy. LOL. Now I'm here...

Every single weight chart identifies me as being "overweight" at any weight above 125. Just goes to show, like others have pointed out, weight is only a portion of the picture. Our body frame and body fat percentage play a greater role.
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is 185. I've always been stocky (broad shoulders, etc.) even when lighter (I was about 185 in university). I weighed in at 228 this morning.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 with probably a medium frame and a decent amount of muscle (my calves are gigantic, for example).

I weigh 125.2 as of this morning. This is my lowest adult weight (I've been here before, 6 years ago.... before grad school).

Now that I am here, I am thinking I would like to lose another 5-10 lbs, but that is just a guess. I WANT A SIX PACK! Or at least the hints of one. I really need to just get my body fat tested to see how much more fat I should lose, but I am guessing it is 5-10 more.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'2", I dream of being 5'6", my superhero height is 6" :bigsmile:
    I currently weigh 130.8/size 4and would like to get back to 110 (which I've been before) although I'm going to get to 115/120 and see how I feel. The last time I did a "biggest loser" competition, I got down to 111 and got some concerned looks.
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I'm 5'4 (possibly 5'3 on a short day haha) and my current goal is 140. I can't even remember the last time I was this weight, so once I get there I will *kitten* what needs to be done. I'm pretty sure my ultimate goal will be 125 but I'm not sure. I don't think the number will matter to me at that point, mainly the tone and my fitness and health.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    5'2, 135, large frame, size 8!

My hips are ridiculously wide, & my bones are visible, so I think I'm good :) May go to 130 for a safety net of 5lbs, but I think my husband would freak! I'm smaller than I was when he met me pre-pregnancies, so to him, I was fine 30lbs. ago, lol. And my thighs, HA, crazy thick...but he loves it! hehehe :)

I say, focus on what you look like in clothes more than the numbers as you approach you goal!
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've had the hardest time deciding on a goal weight! I'm 5'3.5", and my upper body is really small (fingers overlap around my wrist), but I've always had big, muscular legs. So I've never known what my frame really is. My first goal was to get into the healthy BMI range, which was 144. I maintained that weight for about nine months, and since the beginning of the year, I'm down to about 132. I do look better at 132 than at 144.....144 seemed like a really low weight when I was 199, but I didn't have a frame of reference because I had never been a normal weight before. But I'm still not really happy with my body. I can't get a flat stomach to save my life, and my legs stil need to slim out, but I've completely lost my boobs and I fit into a small or extra small in tops now. I've been shooting for the 120's to see if it helps me get a flat stomach. I don't care so much about the number at this point, I just don't want to have cellulite, and I want a flat stomach, especially with bathing suit season around the corner!
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my short term goal weight is 140 (pre first pregnancy) but my long term goal weight is 130 (what I during most of my 20s).
    My dream goal would be 120 (have never been there)!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    5'7ish+
    and would like ot be 130-133
    I was 128 for a while and got some comments about looking too thin

Kim
  • mrsnych
    mrsnych Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm 5'8 at 138lbs-small frame. shooting for 125lbs..if 130 looks good on me, but that extra 5lbs would be great to lose!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    5*10 and 130
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 136. I'd like to be somewhere in the 125-115 range. I've been much lower than 115 in the past and would not like to look "too skinny" as I did much of my childhood/young adulthood. Healthy and trim is what I am shooting for :)
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 145 now. I was at 125 about three years ago. I thought that was where I wanted to be, but I looked sickly in everyones opinion. Great bikini body but not right for me. I am hoping to be 130-135. I would like to be toned and have a flat belly and if that's 130 then great!! I dont want to jiggle as much! LOL!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I am 5-3.5 and I weigh around 134...ideally I would like to lose about 4-5 more lbs but I have been told by friends and family that I'm good where I am at...one friend even said that she would've guessed I was in the 120s. I know I should be content, but it is hard with a medium build with muscular hips and thighs to feel quite skinny enough! :)
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" - 5'8" I weighed 140 this morning. When i greaduated highschool I weighed 115! I was very thin, but I was very active and ate like a horse! Then no activity, LOTS of beer, and really bad food caused me to gain 45 lbs my freshman year! The summer after that I got down to a very toned 140. I have then bounced between 135 and 150 for the past 9 years.

My goal is to get down to 130-135 for my wedding in September!
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10and currently at my goal weight thanks to a biggest loser challenge we did from January to April here at work. Came down from 214 to 193, dropped from 19% to 14% bf , wanted 12%. When I graduated the Academy in 1999 I was 192 lbs and 5% bf. That was 11 years ago lol. Now at 37 years old I am very happy to see my abs and continue to stay fit.
  • LMsmile
    LMsmile Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 188lbs. My goal weight is 135, but I'm focusing more on what clothing size I wear. I'm in a 12 which is getting tight and I'd like to be back in a 6. I doubt I'll go any lower after reaching that goal since I've always been pretty curvy and actually like my curves. As long as they're in the right places! I'd recommend that you focus more on what size you're wearing or what measurements you want to have sine muscle weighs more than fat but makes you tighter taking up less room. I was 135 in high-school and wearing a juniors size 3 (cheerleading kept me in great shape back then). Then I lost quite a bit of muscle but stayed the same weight and was wearing a size 6 in college.

Good Luck!!