Replies

• mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    eating anything from McNasty's is wrong! :sick:

BpaINE4.gif

that made me laugh! :drinker:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Why do you care what people on the internet think about what you choose or don't choose to eat?

But I guess I'll play too. I think it's nice to be excited about something... happy for the little things in life that give us joy, even the food related things. :) Moderation is the key, my friend.

I crave McDonalds now and then, too. Sometimes a double quarter pounder with cheese, sometimes breakfast, sometimes a milkshake or frappe that's 1/2 my calories for the day. lol :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    A regular egg mcmuffin without the meat is 280 calories, and very yummy. I'll stick with that when I do get breakfast from McD's. The yolk is the best part.

Disclaimer: I don't eat most meat, that's why I get it without.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    lol... Love the visual...
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Meh.

The only thing about these threads is that I usually crave McDonalds after them. HA.

Im too bloated now thankfully so I can leave unscathed.
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    {{shivers}} --- Use to love McDonals but don't know what's in that so best to stay away! If you cut out coke & fast food... pounds just come off. Go to subway instead :laugh:

You should read an article on what is in subway food, it would amaze you. Such as tthe 9 grain whole wheat bread has close to 50 ingredients.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    {{shivers}} --- Use to love McDonals but don't know what's in that so best to stay away! If you cut out coke & fast food... pounds just come off. Go to subway instead :laugh:
    No.

The pounds come off through a caloric deficit. It has absolutely nothing to do with the choices you make. You can eat all the Subway and drink all the water in the world, but if you're not in a deficit, you will *not* lose weight. Plain and simple.

I can go to McDonald's get a Quarter Pounder with cheese and a 10 piece McNugget for 990.

OR

I can go to Subway and get a 12 inch Meatball Marinara sub for 1040 calories.

A burger AND chicken nuggets vs. one sandwich.

Explain to me again how Subway is going to make me lose weight if I swap it with McDonalds? Also, Subway is pretty damn nasty and should not be touted as "superior" to McDonalds. Fast food is fast food.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    I think its wrong, have you ever really searched online to what is in those things. I know in our own household if you do it you know its just the english muffin and the egg, but I worked for Mcdonalds and believe me nothing they serve should be eaten by any human. Its all chemical and non real food riddled. But that's me :)

But I do agree with your statement of eating, exercise and logging is awesome
    Please. Are you going to tell the eggs that they crack and scramble don't come from chickens? Elaborate.

While McDonald's isn't the best choice for many, emphatic lies shouldn't be spread.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Minus the egg its so full of chemical enhancements to keep it "fresh" longer than needed. look up the person who took a kids meal and had it for 9 years and it looked like she just bought it, do you really think anything else coming from something that produced that is Healthy or good for you in any way?

I choose not to eat it my choice. So whatever OP chooses is his choice as well and more power to him :)
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    No.

The pounds come off through a caloric deficit. It has absolutely nothing to do with the choices you make. You can eat all the Subway and drink all the water in the world, but if you're not in a deficit, you will *not* lose weight. Plain and simple.

I can go to McDonald's get a Quarter Pounder with cheese and a 10 piece McNugget for 990.

OR

Explain to me again how Subway is going to make me lose weight if I swap it with McDonalds? Also, Subway is pretty damn nasty and should not be touted as "superior" to McDonalds. Fast food is fast food.

^^ TY!! I so agree :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Ha, I don't really track my macros at all, exept an occasional glance out of curiosity. I eat what I want! So, be as excited as you want!
  • dee4981
    dee4981 Posts: 13
    Not wrong. Compared to many other food, this is fine in terms of the calorie count. I had it just a while ago anyway ;-)
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    r258hg.gif
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    I say go for it if it makes you happy. I LOVE McDonalds, used to work there and STILL love it. I don't get to eat it being in Turkey and all though. Track the calories, exercise and keep it moving. You'll be fine. I never try to tell people what is right or wrong with their diet because mine probably wouldnt be considered perfect to them. To each his own. :-)
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    I'll eat the regular McMuffin guiltless. Only thing that bothers me with fast food is the sodium.

Right!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,034 Member
    I'll probably take a crack at it when we are over there as of next week, mostly because on a 5 week road trip, you have to try and cut the calories somewhere haahaa
  • {{shivers}} --- Use to love McDonals but don't know what's in that so best to stay away! If you cut out coke & fast food... pounds just come off. Go to subway instead :laugh:
    No.

OR

I'm so in agreement. Having worked for both, I can tell you that you can eat healthy anywhere - but no one goes to McDonalds to order a bowl of oatmeal and some apple slices, just like our local Subway sells a ton of Big Philly Cheesesteak footlongs and double-meat chicken bacon ranch footlongs, which clearly aren't going to be any healthier than what you get a McD's.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    There's nothing wrong with it at all!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    It's very wrong. The sausage biscuit with egg destroys the mcmuffin
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    I guess there's nothing really wrong if you enjoy it. It's no one else's business to tell you what to enjoy. I enjoy buying shredded potatoes at Trader Joe's where the ingredient list is "potatoes."

You might have about 50 ingredients in that one muffin.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,034 Member
    I guess there's nothing really wrong if you enjoy it. It's no one else's business to tell you what to enjoy. I enjoy buying shredded potatoes at Trader Joe's where the ingredient list is "potatoes."

You might have about 50 ingredients in that one muffin.

So really - Value for Money!! :wink: