Options

Replies

• CarlottatheBrain
    Options
    tumblr_mebwassGKY1rrn47lo1_250.gif
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Well... aren't you a freaking ray of sunshine...

I had no idea this board would attract so many hostile posters. Perhaps a fiber-rich snack would be more appropriate for some of you. Some of you guys are freaking mean. LOL
  • Thornholt
    Thornholt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Everyday at work someone brings in Tim Hortons Donuts, or bagels, or a donut tray from Wegmans... sometimes i will see somethign i can eat like high fiber english muffins or a fruit bowl, but other than that I simply stay away. Everyone knows I am on a fitness rehash (I bring my gym bag to my desk because i work out at 6am every day) so it doesnt come up with me often. Although i used to be the food pusher... now i just watch.

Getting Type 2 Diabetes last year made an easy excuse to say no to the breaded treats tho. :)
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    Yeah, I really hate it when people around me are generous and nice to me.

I hate it when people read something and take it to the extremes. Offering a free donut is not the same as giving a kidney.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It is so horrible that they are holding you down and shoveling food down your throat!

Call HR immediately.

I knew the old "hey who is forcing you" comment would come along. I'll just ignore it for now. If you want to discuss it fine, if not, run along. After all, "no one is forcing to read this thread" now are they. LOL

If you ate the chesecake you wouldn't be so snarky.

Not if I'm lactose intolerant. I'd be worse than "snarky' lol

With your approach just a few comments in, I'm guessing your co-workers take joy in doing this to you. I'd be dumping cookings by the dozen on your desk.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    Everyday at work someone brings in Tim Hortons Donuts, or bagels, or a donut tray from Wegmans... sometimes i will see somethign i can eat like high fiber english muffins or a fruit bowl, but other than that I simply stay away. Everyone knows I am on a fitness rehash (I bring my gym bag to my desk because i work out at 6am every day) so it doesnt come up with me often. Although i used to be the food pusher... now i just watch.

Getting Type 2 Diabetes last year made an easy excuse to say no to the breaded treats tho. :)

Wow, best of luck to you man. Looks like you're on the right track.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    luckily, my office is too big for someone to tell you personally. there's usually a mass email that goes out and i can easily avoid that kitchen. the bad part is when there isn't an email and there's kolaches in the kitchen i just walked into.. sometimes its hard to resist! but i think i'd feel the same as you if someone left it on my desk, but i don't like sweets, so it'd have to be something salty for me to be pissed LOL
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    It is so horrible that they are holding you down and shoveling food down your throat!

Call HR immediately.

I knew the old "hey who is forcing you" comment would come along. I'll just ignore it for now. If you want to discuss it fine, if not, run along. After all, "no one is forcing to read this thread" now are they. LOL

If you ate the chesecake you wouldn't be so snarky.

Not if I'm lactose intolerant. I'd be worse than "snarky' lol

With your approach just a few comments in, I'm guessing your co-workers take joy in doing this to you. I'd be dumping cookings by the dozen on your desk.

Dumping cookings? really, dude? I don't know what the hell that means. lol
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Damn Jason, whatd you do?? Got all these people WORKED up over you not wanting to stuff your face with other peoples nasty *kitten* food......GET OFF MY BOYS BACK AND STOP TRYING TO GIVE US NASTY **** WE HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU COUNTLESS TIMES THAT WE DONT WANT!!!...dont worry bro, i got your back.
  • LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Someone brought me a cupcake yesterday morning. Covered in fudge and chocolate and sprinkles. And I told them "thank you" but in my head I was like WTF ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!?! So, I wrapped it in a napkin and left it on someone else's desk....Problem solved. I wasn't jealous that someone else got to eat my cupcake...It's going straight to their *kitten*, not mine!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I really hate it when people around me are generous and nice to me.

I hate it when people read something and take it to the extremes. Offering a free donut is not the same as giving a kidney.

it seems like it to some people in my office! i call them "the vultures" :laugh:
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    Damn Jason, whatd you do?? Got all these people WORKED up over you not wanting to stuff your face with other peoples nasty *kitten* food......GET OFF MY BOYS BACK AND STOP TRYING TO GIVE US NASTY **** WE HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU COUNTLESS TIMES THAT WE DONT WANT!!!...dont worry bro, i got your back.

LOL- I thought I was creating a nice little forum but it looks like I'm spending more time "engaging the hostiles." LMAO! Too bad I can't delete this damn thing.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    i prelog my calories and take my lunch to work. It's as simple as saying 'thanks, but I already have my lunch.'

If it's something special like a birthday I indulge and move something out of my diary that I had planned to eat that day. I really don't see what the problem is...
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    Love these kind of topics.....I think most of us can relate. I'm already dreading having "employee" appreciation day next week where, since I'm a supervisor I have to help pay for pizza and wings but worst of all I have to bring in a cake:ohwell: !
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I do this.... I'm sorry to say.

I adore baking. I love it. It relaxes me. But I don't know many people that would eat a huge slab of chocolate cake... so I take it into work. To be honest, I usually leave it in the communal office and tell people it's in there if they want a slice.

Last year when I was leaving my training year I made a HUGE cake. I was told it looked like a chocolate breeze block - luckily I work in a school so most of it was eaten by kids!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options

Call HR immediately.

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • egwene1977
    Options

LOL- I thought I was creating a nice little forum but it looks like I'm spending more time "engaging the hostiles." LMAO! Too bad I can't delete this damn thing.

For what it's worth, I didn't detect any snarkiness in your original post. Coworkers, friends, and family members can be the BIGGEST diet busters if we're not careful. They think they're helping...
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result...i think that was Einstein or someone...what does he know?
  • dcyr009
    dcyr009 Posts: 93
    Options
    Talk to them about myfitnesspal and healthy eating for about 10 minutes. That's what I do and they all avoid me and eat the food like they were closet eaters. I'm just so happy that myfitnesspal worked for me that I can't help talk about it.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options

For what it's worth, I didn't detect any snarkiness in your original post. Coworkers, friends, and family members can be the BIGGEST diet busters if we're not careful. They think they're helping...

Thank you, I appreciate it. It wasn't my intention to get folks all riled up. Just wanted to begin a friendly discussion.