Does anyone else work out two hours a day?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I didnt look at her diary before I said that. I make sure I net 1200 a day and I believe that is fine. I dont see how I would be losing muscle when I am walking 2 miles a day! I think I am building muscle from it :) just my opinon
    You don't build muscle from walking. If that were true, then walking mail people would be behemoths.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I work out 1.45hrs 4-5 days a week, depending solely on when my parents need me to drive them to where they need to go and when the daycare is open at the gym. I usually do 45-50 minutes of cardio on the treadmill (split into 2 different sessions at the beginning and end of the workout, hill climb, no running, at a brisk walk) then the rest of the time is devoted to strength training and my stretches afterwards. My main goal for the strength training is to stabalize and tighten my core (better balance) and strengthen my thighs and legs (my heaviest weights are for my back, abs, and legs, between 50lbs to 120lbs depending on the machine and which muscles are being utilized), and my upper body has the lightest weights (between 10lbs to 40lbs) as I'm not needing to build those muscles as much as the others.
    I also do 1 hour of entense equestrian riding weekly, which is the reason why I need to strengthen my core, back, and legs. The end goal is for me to be able to ride the horse through the walk/trot/canter as well as jumps without stirrups.