Replies

• vampvegan
    vampvegan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You would be surprised how many people don't know this. There are a LOT of people who think they are doing good by getting a salad, or chicken sandwich at McDonalds!

One day I hope to be so successful and so far ahead of my competition that people will make me out the the Evil Empire of Corporations and everything my company produces will be accused of being tainted in some form or fashion. THAT is a true measure of success.

Soooooo....oatmeal or a chicken sandwich at the local shop down the street is a Good, but get oatmeal from McDonalds (aka the Evil Empire) and that oatmeal or chicken suddenly morphs into something poisonous. All food like substanance is removed from any item if it is handed to you from behind a McDonald's counter, I guess. I watch them crack eggs but the forums have taught me that I will get zero nutrition from an egg sandwich from McD's.

The forums are an amazing place.

It's magic yo

labyrinthdancemagic.gif

Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Not fat shaming, just guilt tripping :laugh:

Edit: Doesn't their oatmeal seem a little low calorie!? Sheesh...

My oatmeal is only about 120 cal for 1/3 a cup.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    You would be surprised how many people don't know this. There are a LOT of people who think they are doing good by getting a salad, or chicken sandwich at McDonalds!

One day I hope to be so successful and so far ahead of my competition that people will make me out the the Evil Empire of Corporations and everything my company produces will be accused of being tainted in some form or fashion. THAT is a true measure of success.

Soooooo....oatmeal or a chicken sandwich at the local shop down the street is a Good, but get oatmeal from McDonalds (aka the Evil Empire) and that oatmeal or chicken suddenly morphs into something poisonous. All food like substanance is removed from any item if it is handed to you from behind a McDonald's counter, I guess. I watch them crack eggs but the forums have taught me that I will get zero nutrition from an egg sandwich from McD's.

not everything is unhealthy at mc donalds, but most things are, and the industrialisation of beef and poultry breeds disease and uses unnecessary chemicals and antibiotics to process the meat on an industrial scale as the cheapest possible price.

+ it would be better to support local businesses who actually make their food with love.

doncha think?
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think this is GENIUS! And speakin the TRUTH.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The assumption is that small businesses all care so much they produce food "with love" while big businesses are like "ha ha those stupid customers!"
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    No, I think more places should be doing this.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The assumption is that small businesses all care so much they produce food "with love" while big businesses are like "ha ha those stupid customers!"

You got all that from bagels & oatmeal?

Deep.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Deep.

No from the post two above mine. I'm on my phone and quoting is difficult.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options

It's magic yo

labyrinthdancemagic.gif

joy i just fell more in love you
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It's magic yo

labyrinthdancemagic.gif

joy i just fell more in love you

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Deep.

No from the post two above mine. I'm on my phone and quoting is difficult.

its not about stupid, its just about profit. if you open your eyes a smidgen you would see that.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    And small businesses aren't about profit...?
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    The calorie count for the oatmeal is off..

:huh: :huh:

Ummm.... based on the information at handhighlye's NO way for you to back this up, bro.

Sure it is, SIS. Assuming that their portion of oatmeal is atleast 1/2 cup, thats 150 calories alone not including the berries. Lets say they include 100g of berries... that's another 57 calories according to the USDA. Not to mention, any milk or additional sugar and/or flavorings they used to prepare it. So yes, chick, as you can see a simple bowl of oatmeal can easily exceed the 150 listed

You cant prove things via assumptions.

If you've ever read the nutrition label of most oats, you'd know that the serving size is pretty much 1/2 cup..that's not an assumption. I highly doubt a restaurant would serve less than that to a patron

I eat oats every morning so i know the serving size. But you then assume the restaurant serves a certain amount....again using an assumption
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I think the bit about summer coming is irrelevant to the calorie content. I would be happy to have the info on calories, however.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    That is not fat shaming.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    No. I wish more places would advertise calories.. I think whoever wrote that blog is way to sensitive.

ETA: I had no idea the bagel had so many calories!!!! I definitely can't afford that!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I'm sure there are some hypersensitive over weight people who will probably try to make this more than what it is though.

Of course...I'm sure someone will see this sign and sue for hurting their feelings!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I need between 500-600 calories for breakfast. I'm going to hit that bagel ;)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    That must be one giant bagel to be 600 calories.. Last I checked, a bagel w/cream cheese runs me about 350 calories.