It's magic yo

labyrinthdancemagic.gif

Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
    Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)

:love:
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    No, looks like good advertising to me, and I don't mind knowing the calories so I can make better choices.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

+ it would be better to support local businesses who actually make their food with love.

doncha think?

Sounds like the local businesses are trying to get me pregnant. I'm gonna pass.

And if the manager, owner, and all of the workers at the McD's down the street from me all live within 5 miles of my house, but the owner of the deli drives in from the valley, which one is the local business?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    The calorie count for the oatmeal is off..

hahahahahahahahaha, Nice Eye!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! It's a really creative promo that's also educational :D
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The assumption is that small businesses all care so much they produce food "with love" while big businesses are like "ha ha those stupid customers!"

You got all that from bagels & oatmeal?

Deep.

No from the post two above mine. I'm on my phone and quoting is difficult.

its not about stupid, its just about profit. if you open your eyes a smidgen you would see that.

So the local business is run by communists? Is this everywhere or just in your immediate area?
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    maybe calling them "ginormous" is but not that sign.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    "Hey fatty, better go for the 150 cal oatmeal over that whopping 600 cal bagel that will make you a veritable whale" would be fat shaming.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm obese with still 100+ lbs. to lose, and no one can fat shame me. It would require me to feel ashamed in the first place. Second of all, I just don't care about people's opinions of me that much. :laugh:

I think the sign is clever, and I smirked when I read it.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    it is the implication of the last line, "summer is coming... just sayin'". The idea that you have to be thin and/or fit for summer because it is the beauty ideal, i.e. it's what you should be and nobody wants to see bigger people in swim suits.

i think you are reading into it. nothing about that sign says "you better chose the lower calorie option you cow I don't wanna have to look at you like this" it's more like "hey, wanna look your best? here's one way to get there"
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    That must be one giant bagel to be 600 calories.. Last I checked, a bagel w/cream cheese runs me about 350 calories.

That's what I thought. That bagel must be the size of my head.

And 150 calories for breakfast and I'd still be starving, whether it's oatmeal or not.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    it is the implication of the last line, "summer is coming... just sayin'". The idea that you have to be thin and/or fit for summer because it is the beauty ideal, i.e. it's what you should be and nobody wants to see bigger people in swim suits.

i think you are reading into it. nothing about that sign says "you better chose the lower calorie option you cow I don't wanna have to look at you like this" it's more like "hey, wanna look your best? here's one way to get there"

I'm not saying I agree that it is fat-shaming, BUT it's true that it is the last line of the sign that has the author riled up, not the calorie comparison. I think there are far better targets for the author's anger than this well-intentioned sign.

The only way to get a 600 calorie bagel is to apply a 3+ ounce schmear. Which would be delicious.
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    No, I think it's informative... I wish I had known information like that years ago...
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Only if it mentioned a "bag of oats" option

LOL!!
  • ViviLane
    ViviLane Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just looks like calorie shaming...not necessarily aimed at "fat " people.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's bullying.

You know, because we call everything bullying these days

inorite! Like when we make love you keep saying I'm bullying you into it. Pfft.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    That must be one giant bagel to be 600 calories.. Last I checked, a bagel w/cream cheese runs me about 350 calories.

you ever get a bagel at a New York deli or bagel place!? they load on probably 350 calories worth of just the cream cheese! and the bagels are big, easily count at 2(3?4??) servings of bread.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I must make oatmeal wrong.. 150 cals is just a 1/2 cups of oats! I need atleast one.
    And water is grosss, well, for the most part, except that its no calories.
    So I put a cup of water and a cup of milk.
    I'm at 390 already lol.
    Then a tbsp or two of peanutbutter...
    Ugh.I suck. :laugh:
  • RecoveringToHealthy
    RecoveringToHealthy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's not fat shaming, but I wouldn't eat there. I completely understand that people want to be healthy, but if you have an eating disorder, this is the most triggering thing to see. There's nothing wrong with choosing a bagel. It doesn't mean you'll get fat and look ugly for the summer. It justs mean that it has more calories, end of story.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    That's just creative marketing.