Half shirts and stretchmarks.

Options
Al though I have a ton of stretchmarks from my pregnancy, i would LOVE to always be able to rock a half shirt, even if it's walking around my house.. I just have 34 pounds to lose and I can wear them. I bought two today and I loooove them. I want abs and I wish my stretchmarks would fade..

How would you feel if you saw a girl with abs with a bunch of stretchmarks on her tummy walking around in a half shirt?? I mean, some will think the half shirt is slutty .. and I would never walk around with my stretchmarks all out.. but opinions on what you guys think.

Replies

• shannonb8
    shannonb8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a stomach full of stretchmarks. I would not personally wear a half shirt that shows them off because I feel self conscious of them. If you are secure in your self, I say why not? I did put on a bikini when we went on vacation a couple of years ago :p Good luck!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'd think fair play for having the confidence.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I really try not to judge others by their appearances. I personally wouldn't wear a half top if I had even 5 pounds to lose, but that is just me. You need to wear what you are confident in, and it doesn't sound like you are if you are asking this. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I don't think I would feel comfortable showing stretch marks on my tummy in clothing.
  • sizzle74
    Options
    Oops I'm dumb......
  • Lisa38__
    Lisa38__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have stretchmarks and they're not due to pregnancy, I think A LOT of women have them regardless of their size or weight so I can't see the problem. If you're confident enough go for it. It's nothing to do with anyone else what you wear anyway :)
  • christimccarty
    Options
    you seem to hold your weight better than I do... I have a doughnut around my belly button! If I did get the nerve up to wear one I'd never be able to sit down!
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I say that if you've got the body and the confidence for it then the stretch marks don't matter and you should rock the tops. :smile:
  • alixdyer8
    Options
    If you lose that weight youre trying to lose and you have rockin abs and are proud, then i would say stretch marks make no difference whatsoever. I couldnt think of myself looking at a girl with abs and an amazing body then judging her by her stretch marks. i would admire the commitment to exercise and the confidence to put on a crop top!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Bikini yes. Half shirt - no. It's just not my style, but if it was, yeah I'd wear one. If it's hot outside, I'd imagine they'd be comfortable and who cares if you have stretchmarks as long as you're in shape you could rock it.
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks too and i only wear crop tops at home, but if i want to wear one out i'd wear a tank top underneath, just because i'm really insecure about my weight. Because i know how other people think, i wouldn't recommend wearing one out in public but i personally would wish i had that confidence. Hope i helped! :-)

edited for the spelling error :-)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks or not, I think that type of shirt is silly looking.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    I LOVE seeing a woman's belly, stretch marks or not! Needless to say, I LOOOOOOVE belly shirts!
  • sugarkane1234
    sugarkane1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    half shirts are skanky on anyone
    I second this! Around the house? Fine. In public??? H*ll no...
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I live in England, I'd freeze :laugh:
  • Lisa38__
    Options
    I live in England, I'd freeze :laugh:

Haha :laugh: I hear you!
  • sugarkane1234
    sugarkane1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute, it just clicked that you said your stretchmarks are from your pregnancy, you're 18, and your biggest worry is whether you should wear a half shirt? I think your priorities are a little skewed...
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    considering you're 18, I think you can get away with it. If you want to! I personally do not understand the trend. or all the see-through shirts. I HATE wearing more than 1 shirt people! im not a layers person! lol
  • sizzle74
    Options
    Wait a minute, it just clicked that you said your stretchmarks are from your pregnancy, you're 18, and your biggest worry is whether you should wear a half shirt? I think your priorities are a little skewed...

Yes, since she is a mother she should no longer worry about fashion or her appearance.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    I lucked out and only have stretch marks going up my side versus all over my stomach..they're pretty bad though...but you now what I say *kitten* it, if we have the confidence to do it, lets do it. Don't care what others think. We've earned out battle scars :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa38__
    Options

Yes, since she is a mother she should no longer worry about fashion or her appearance.

This.