Half shirts and stretchmarks.

Options

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    OP.

Go for it!

A belly top paired with a high waisted skirt or pants is really in right now. I love the look.

crop_top_runway_baer.jpg

azz60262_multi_xl.jpg
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have had stretch marks since I was 17....on my boobs! Back then I was around 130 lbs and wore a really cute halter top swim suit. One day one of my 'friends' points out that I had 'funny lines' on the sides of my boobs near my arm pits... Made me feel super awesome...she was a great friend....:grumble:

Now I have some on my hips as well (just from gaining weight) and once I get back down to 130 it'll be well earned and I'm going to show it off!
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why a half shirt is considered "slutty" to wear in public, but it's okay to run around in bikini's and sports bra's and it be acceptable. A little contradicting there. I've got stretch marks all over my belly (kind of looks like spider webs) and I wear half-shirts (hippie style) and cut off tank tops, sports bra's and whatever else I want. I dress how I like you should dress how you like. As long as you're comfortable with it and it's legal (lol).
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really matters is confidence. If you're constantly pulling at it trying to cover up the stretch marks, it probably wouldn't be so attractive. If you own it, well then who cares.

I've got lots of scars that I used to try to cover up. Now I don't even remember they're there until I see someone checking them out. And these days I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks of them.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was having her belly showing that got her in trouble in the first place. Now it's time to grow up, cover up, and act like the mature woman that will be the role model for the little one.

See you next Tuesday!

DITTO!!
  • JenS2586
    JenS2586 Posts: 85
    Options
    As long as you feel confident than who cares!
    No ones gonna judge you on stretch marks. If your walking around in a half shirt with a lot of flabby overhang belly that's a dif story.

As for the rude uncalled for comments on your age and questioning your maturity and priorities, ignore it.
    There is nothing wrong with having children young as long as you are responsible enough. I was 19 when I had my first child and I got soo many judging, dirty looks out in public. I'm 26 now and I still get those looks when I go out with my 1yr old twins. Most ppl assume I'm only 18-19, I've had ppl tell me I'm too young to have my twins [meanwhile my 6yr old is at home]. You just gotta ignore it. I am way more mature than 30yr olds I know who have children and put themselves and their partying before their children. You cannot judge a persons priorities and maturity by how old they are or how old they look.
    Go ahead and rock your belly shirts proudly, it doesn't make you 'trashy' showing a lil belly just as it doesn't mean you 'got yourself into trouble' because you have a kid young.
    Ppl can take their judgemental comments and shove it!
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat girl, and I wear half shirts, which is probably a lot more "offensive."

Oh, and I have stretch marks.
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Options
    I may be biased as I'm a guy with more stretch marks than most women who have given birth, but anyone who allows something as much of a non issue as some stretch marks to get in the way of the shining personality owning them is a complete moron.
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I say whole shirt or none at all... but that's me :bigsmile: ! Maybe tanks under your halfshirts until you're comfortable? Seriously, if you're not comfortable rockin' it, that's when people will look at you funny, because it'll be obvious that YOU don't think you look good. If you're comfortable and it's an environment where halfshirts are ok (like not a funeral or job interview...) than I say fine. I, personally, wouldn't wear a halfshirt outside of the house even at my ideal weight, but that's my comfort level.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    i've never ever really noticed stretchmarks.

okay, i'm lying. i've noticed them. and they've never ever bothered me once. if a girl is going to get naked in front of me, i'm not going to complain or nit-pick.

This is why you ask men these questions. Straight and to the point. Love it :drinker:
  • Shanaw2525
    Shanaw2525 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to! But I have 3 teenage sons and being prego destroyed my stomach with stretch marks, i love when people say you should be proud of them, umm no not me, i hate them, I'm proud of a lot of things that have to do with having my kids, but stretch marks... is the last thing!
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    who gives a *kitten*. wear what you want.
  • overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was at Target yesterday, and it was just like I had stepped into the early 90's. Half shirts, light denim... the pastelly prints.

Not my style at all - but if it make you feel young :)
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If you are comfortable in a half shirt, by all means, wear it!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    If you feel like it then yes, if you have the body then HELL YEAH! It doesn't matter if you got stretchmarks, girls should wear whatever the hell they want.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Just +1ing everyone who says to wear what you want. If you're comfortable and like wearing em, why in the world wouldn't you?
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My question is, who doesn't have stretchmarks as an adult? Everyone went through puberty, right? XD
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    They're not my style at all and don't like them but if I did I wouldn't let stretch marks stop me.
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!:)
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Confidence goes a long way! If you love it and feel good in it then *kitten* everyone else's opinion!

But since you asked, I find nothing wrong with stretchmarks. If I saw you in a store I would envy your slim tummy (stretchmarks and all) and think you were a badass confident chick.

^^^THAT PART!