At your heaviest, what was your eating like?

Options

Replies

• parkeralexis
    parkeralexis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh wow... I never really gave it much thought but now that I think about it I was terrible. I would eat whenever I was hungry (or well bored). The portions I took were way too big and I would drink soda and ice tea constantly. At the end I would sneak downstairs in the middle of the night for a little "midnight snack". I would eat anything I could get my hands on, it didn't even matter what it was long as it was edible From toast with cheese to sausages or left over pasta.

I feel pretty disgusted thinking back of that now... so happy I made a change. I just wish sometimes I would have made it earlier.
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I have a weakness for potato chips - so that usually factored in.
    I would often eat healthy meals - but the portions were too large.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Let me just says that I seldomly have a left over in my plate. Small portion? Big portion? I have no problem cleaning it. I also have lots of chips and starbucks drink too many times as well.
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds... A whole bar of chocolate, and then more chocolate in one sitting... I never ate breakfast, and was then was 'starving' for the rest of the day. Enough to feed three for dinners.. Chinese take out at least once a week... Plus, being a student, I'd go out, drink far too much and then come home to eat chicken dippers and frozen chips :/
    My diet was horrendous, I ate so much rubbish. Now, I always eat breakfast, rarely drink soda - and if I do, it's diet .
    I actually enjoy eating healthily now, I can control my portions and not 'starve'. Plus, I haven't touched chocolate (unless it's weight watchers caramel bars) for over 20 days

Another thing.. when eating Mcdonalds, I couldn't just have say - chicken nuggets and fries go large. I then had another BURGER and a flurry... and a milkshake...
    Christ, I don't know how I wasn't 300lbs - I'm lucky I realised at 200.
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    TL;DR- Like crap.

Did not eat breakfast. Practically starved throughout the day, but stayed alive on lots of donuts, munchkins, muffins and snacks that people would bring in to work. Went to the local mexican place by me for lunch (Moe's) and got usually a chicken quesadilla or a burrito with lots of vegetables (that made it 'OK'). Oh, and I ate the tortilla chips and cheese dip that came free with every meal....MMMMM. Other times for lunch, we would get pizza. The place by my job often gave us free garlic knots so of course we couldn't say no! If I was pressed for time I would go to Wendy's, and get a junior bacon cheeseburger WITHOUT the meat or a grilled chicken wrap without dressing, for some reason I thought this would be healthier but now I know better. Then by dinner time, I was starving again and would completely binge out on my dinner. Weekend nights would be spent eating at restaurants ordering whatever I pleased, and lots of beer. During the week it would be whatever my mom makes, which is usually lots of pasta dishes.

Now I still eat out on most weekends, but just make healthier choices. I am addicted to sushi, but now I order sashimi instead. A 'cheat' meal would be ordering 1 sushi roll which are absolute calorie bombs (In the past I would be notorious for stuffing down 3 or 4 special style rolls). If I'm at an American style restaurant I order a steak with lots of veggies instead of rice or fries. I always (try to) eat breakfast now, and it's usually eggs of some sort. Protein + veggies for lunch and dinner. Lots of avocados. Always cook with coconut oil. I no longer eat bread of any kind (except for the rare occasion when I want a treat) and I think this made the biggest impact for me. I also stopped drinking so much when I'm out with friends (I stopped going out so much in general), but summer is coming up and I can make no promises that I will behave haha :P

I'm a small girl but I can eat A LOT. More than any male friends I've had. I eat like a horse, and was always hungry and never knew why. My friends would call me a garbage disposal (and at the time I thought I was skinny!). I would chalk it up to my metabolism just being so fast that I was always needing to refuel! *eye roll* Now I realize it was because I wasn't eating nutrient dense foods, which is a no brainer. Since I've completely changed my lifestyle, I no longer feel weak, tired and famished throughout the day. I can wait 4-6 hours until my next meal without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I eat until I am full/satisfied but the amount that I'm eating is much less. I still have my occasional indulgences once in a while because I will not deprive myself. If I want a cupcake, I will have one. But the keyword there is ONE, not THREE! :)
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would always stop on my way to work and get a biscuit from a fast food place. Then there was alot of evenings when I would work late and stop and pick up take out(chinese, pizza, burgers). That really added on the pounds. So now I'm eating a whole lot healthier and saving $ too!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    disordered. i wasn't binging, but i'd go all day without eating and then have a decent dinner, so it was basically asking my body to hold on to calories before bedtime. Most of the time I wasn't eating enough in terms of actual food, but picking at higher calorie things without thinking.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Those were the days :)

Never ate breakfast at home. Would have a whole milk grande latte at work and a bacon baguette at work with extra bacon and extra ketchup. Now I can't even remember the last time I had a bacon sandwich!

Lunch would be takeaway or at a restaurant. Probably Chinese or Italian. If it was in the work canteen it would be whatever was unhealthy with chips.

Dinner - something I could microwave or a restaurant meal or takeaway...
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    disordered. i wasn't binging, but i'd go all day without eating and then have a decent dinner, so it was basically asking my body to hold on to calories before bedtime. Most of the time I wasn't eating enough in terms of actual food, but picking at higher calorie things without thinking.

oh and before people start... i'm hypothyroid so before i was diagnosed i could eat nothing for a week and put on a kilogram. As it happens, during the times I went down to my Self-starve eating disorder I put on weight every time.... gah.
  • tenintwenty
    Options
    Same food. Just more.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Too much eating out, too much pasta instead of protein, taco bell sometimes. Really not much different than now I just dont do all the bad things in the same day. They get spread out. Today pasta, tomorrow beer, the next day a chocolate bar....instead of all in one day.
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    Typical day would be to drive the kids to School, stopping at Burger King on the way home and grabbing TWO Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissantwich's, Hash browns, and two boxes of orange juice. Then for lunch I'd usually have a sandwich of some kind. Then dinner was typically eating out at Applebee's, Chili's, iHop, etc.... Breakfast alone would have been my daily caloric intake these days. Thank God I woke up to what I was doing to myself.

This morning, I had a yogurt with some fresh blueberries. Lunch, I will have curried chicken (leftover leeann chin) and dinner will be home made Taco Salad (no chips)
  • Ebirtles123
    Options
    Mine consisted of having a very unhealthy breakfast , maybe 3 slices of bread covered in cheese and 2 packets of crisp , i would munch on crisps and chocolate throughout the day and have a fatty lunch and tea . I topped the scales at nearly 19st at my heaviest at just 17 i am much healthier now due to 4 years of healthy eating . Trying mfp and its great :)
  • VictoriousMommy
    VictoriousMommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use to eat horribly! I usually wouldn't eat breakfast, just an extra large vanilla iced coffee with extra cream! Lunch was usually fast food, mcd's, wendys, kfc,...Dinner was usually pasta or take out pizza...sometimes Chinese, deep fried sweet and sour chicken. I ate ice cream almost every night. Snacks would be chips, candy, chocolate...My husband and I would go to restaurants on the weekends and order appetizers, dinner, and dessert...not to mention alcohol!:drinker: Sometimes for a late night snack we would go to a local Chinese restaurant for eggrolls...I was this way for about 15 years. I never ever excercised and wondered why I was fat, lol!! Can't believe that was me....
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    At my HEAVIEST of 360 pounds, my eating was horrible. I was working about 70 hours a week with a long commute each way. I'd eat n egg mcmuffin or something like that with a diet coke for breakfast. I'd have a coke zero and a candy bar for a snack. then for lunch I'd eat whatever all the other ladies was ordering.. chinese, bbq, sandwiches, etc... then a few hours later I'd wander into the kitchen and eat a little left over birthday cake or sandwiches/cookies left over from a meeting... If I was still working at dinner time, I'd order food in.

I should add that eating like this was what brought me from around 250 to 360..... I've always been fat at 250ish pounds but I exercised regularly and ate a healthy diet high in veg and homecooked foods.... I gained 110 pounds in two years from eating what I wanted when I wanted it.. and when I stopped eating like that I lost 30 pounds. I've since learned that I have multiple hormonal and metabolic issues at play that contributed.. but the biggest contributor was eating too much of the wrong things!
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Basically just ate 2 - 3 boxes of those little pop-tart bars a day. Anyone remember those? They were called go-tarts and contained a generous assortment of three flavors: strawberry, brown sugar cinnamon, & chocolate fudge. I was pretty much addicted. Anything else I ate was just a bonus. Probably a lot of peanut butter...and a lot of chocolate (not together though, unfortunately). I'm sure some ice cream was in there as well. OH. And chow mein. A lot of chow mein.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well, it took me over 20 years to gain an extra 100 pounds, so I would say my eating wasn't completely horrible, just a little too much of the "wrong" things, indulging a little too often, etc.

I've had a life-long aversion to vegetables, so during much of that time I ate very few. The occasional salad, corn on the cob, baby carrots, that's about it. I snacked on cheese and crackers, pretzels, baked and ate a lot of cookies, milk. All things that I still eat today, just not all in the same day!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Anything I wanted, how much I wanted, anytime! BACON and lots of it, and of course the evil coca cola!
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It would start out by skipping breakfast and then eating the unhealthy snacks at work, like Famous Amos cookies, muffins and the milky way coffee with sugar and cream. For lunch usually mexican food or chinese, with extras like eggrolls, nachos, or some kind of side item. Afternoon snacks of starbucks frapp's and cake pops were pretty typical. Dinner generally a big bowl of salty vietnamese soup or super salty chinese followed promptly by dessert and about 3 hours of laying around watching tv being miserable.

God...I'm glad those days are over!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Lol.. The thought horrifies me now...

I'd get a blended ice drink in summer or a hot chocolate in cold weather on the way to work. Often accompanied by some pastry or cake. Lunch I'd go out to the sandwich shop or marks and Spencer where I'd usually get pesto pasta. Through out the day I'd frequently go to the vending machines.. Chocolate, crisps, whatever. On the way home a few nights a week I'd go to the chip shop for a chip sandwich, then go home and eat dinner which was often a huge roast dinner or take away. Snacking on unhealthy snacks through out the night.

I carried on that way for a year, whilst terribly depressed having just come out of an abusive relationship and bring stalked. I gained over 100lbs that year. Now when I rarely get pizza I eat 1/3 of what I did and I'm satisfied with it. The portions of unhealthy foods were diabolical.

Whilst this was going on my fybromyalgia just got worse and worse too. Became completely inactive. It's taken a lot of hard work, grit and determination to break out of the food / comfort vicious circle I was in and to get myself active again.

I know I would never go back there and do that again. Had one of the most stressful weeks of my life this week and lost 1lb. Very proud of that. No more comfort eating. Also managed to do this whilst recovering from 3 surgeries, one being major life changing surgery..

If I can do this... Anyone can!

Zara :-)