Friends for petite/small framed women!

Options

Replies

• chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" I started at 117 in March with a 27-maybe 28 inch waist.120 lbs my highest during my binge and over eating days.

I'm 96 lbs now 24-25 waist, getting ready to maintain :smile:
  • carlsagan
    carlsagan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0" and the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I feel and look best between 88-93lb, and I'm starting from 108ish! I begin CrossFit in a few days (the instructors are on vacation) and I am determined to be stronger and healthier. The weight I've put on is purely from moving closer to my workplace and snacking too much. I'm a vegan, so short vegan friends are a plus. :)
  • tarashley13
    tarashley13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone want to weigh so little?
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5 and I'm around 113 right now but I want to get back to around 107lbs....add me if you like :)
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3" and currently around 121 (came down from 138) and my goal is to be around 110-115. would love some similar framed women as friends with similar goals!

add me ladies!! :smile:
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    5'0" here, between medium and large framed, pear shaped and 122 lbs or so.

I started at 163 lbs. I don't necessarily have a weight goal but a body fat goal. Ideally I would like a 20% bf but I probably would settle for 24%. Last caliper test said 30% [Edit: (several months old), last measurements say 26.6%. If this is 26, I want 20% or below.]

Been trying to be more active but I'm a huge slacker with a love for food.
  • Wantingslim
    Options
    4ft 11
  • wintershrink
    Options
    although i'm 5'4.5, which is a pretty average height, I have the tiniest frame ever, i am trying to get from 125 to 110, because i reallllly don't wear excess weight well. Good luck to you!
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, small framed and my current weight is 129. I'm aiming for 112. I'm pear shaped and quite sure my chest is going to be concave before I lose anything from my hips and thighs.

Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

It depends on how you carry your weight. Also, a 5-pound gain on a petite woman looks like 10 pounds on someone else. If I could spot reduce or shift my weight to different areas I wouldn't feel the need to lose weight.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

It's just my normal weight that I've always been. I like the way I look and feel. When I'm fit, I am at this weight range that I'm at now (and I am not on a restrictive diet). Even when I was pregnant and after I had my babies I was still at a low weight (with incredibly healthy, 7.5 pound babies). I've always been healthy and my doctors have always been pleased with my health and fitness. That's why the title of the thread isn't just petite women. It says petite and small framed women. So, that means the people replying are short and have a small bone structure (rib cage measurement, where we wear our bra, is a good determining factor for that, mine is 26 inches), and just generally small sized people. We look heavier at a higher weight. We still have curves, but we are small in size (for example my waist is 23 inches). Here is a BMI chart that applies to us (it does not apply to everyone, but for us it's more accurate). http://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/trefethen/bmi_calc.html
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

It's just my normal weight that I've always been. I like the way I look and feel. When I'm fit, I am at this weight range that I'm at now (and I am not on a restrictive diet). Even when I was pregnant and after I had my babies I was still at a low weight (with incredibly healthy, 7.5 pound babies). I've always been healthy and my doctors have always been pleased with my health and fitness. That's why the title of the thread isn't just petite women. It says petite and small framed women. So, that means the people replying are short and have a small bone structure (rib cage measurement, where we wear our bra, is a good determining factor for that, mine is 26 inches), and just generally small sized people. We look heavier at a higher weight. We still have curves, but we are small in size (for example my waist is 23 inches). Here is a BMI chart that applies to us (it does not apply to everyone, but for us it's more accurate). http://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/trefethen/bmi_calc.html

Awesome chart! And when I was at my fittest... I had close to your measurements. Right now I'm at a 26.5 inch waist...27 if I'm being honest and as you can see from my picture. It looks heavy on me. So weird how small framed people carry weight! It's harder to get to that size now that I've jumped up, but I'm determined to be fit and healthy again!
  • CalCalCal
    CalCalCal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 5 footer and looking to lose 15-20 lbs. I'm new and feeling a bit lost on this site, pls add me :) I find that losing weight when I'm so small is really tough bc I'm already supposed to eat so little ToT
  • MeenaKeepRunning
    Options
    Another 5"2 here just looking to tone up! I love running (generally 5-10Ks) and have just completed both the 30day shred and Ripped in 30. Also just started weight training and am now making my own little Jillian Michaels style circuit training program to keep myself challenged :)
    One thing that sucks about being small- our actual reccomended calorie intake is so relatively small, I sometimes find it hard to get all the protien I need in there! Anyone else have that kind of problem?
    One great thing is how shocked people are when you turn out to have any strenght or endurance at all haha :P
    I'm not hugely weight orientated, but if anyone wants someone to discuss fitness/nutrition/the woes of not being able to reach the top shelf in the supermarket- feel free to add me :D xx
  • MeenaKeepRunning
    Options
    I'm 5'2, small framed and my current weight is 129. I'm aiming for 112. I'm pear shaped and quite sure my chest is going to be concave before I lose anything from my hips and thighs.

Anyone is welcome to add me.

Hah- I just made a post about losing my chest: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1091847-losing-weight-from-breasts-need-motivation
    GO SHARE YOUR TROUBLES :P
    Seriously though, I almost think the issue is compounded when you're short. Like I already look pretty young as a result, adding flat chested to that is a nighmare.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 5 footer and looking to lose 15-20 lbs. I'm new and feeling a bit lost on this site, pls add me :) I find that losing weight when I'm so small is really tough bc I'm already supposed to eat so little ToT

It IS tough. You have to eat carefully.
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi :), I'm also a tiny 5ft. Really struggling to lose the last 6lbs! Currently 108lbs got down to 105lbs but just back from holiday so put 3lbs back on. Goal weight is 102lbs! as that is what i weighed 2 years ago. Also chose 102 as i was quite happy at 105 so gives me some room to move ha.

Any tips for small girls and the last 5lbs! I find it soooo difficult to lose weight. I'm naturally a healthier eater, rarely eat take aways etc, dont like fizzy drinks so always drink water and have done for as long as i can remember. i enjoy eating healthy so find it very discouraging that i gain weight so easily thats almost impossible to shift :(, i'm assuming it is due to my small size, damn my tinyness!
  • kaclever
    kaclever Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the smaller side, though not as small as some of you girls! :) I'm a hair under 5'3" and I weighed in at 115 this morning. I was 120 a couple of weeks ago and I LOOKED fine, but my pants were miserably tight and that was that and here I am.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I need to take off a couple of more pounds or not. My original goal was 112, but I am much more muscular than I used to be. I am going to try to get access tomorrow to one of the electrical gadgets that measures your body fat percentage and see what it has to say and decide accordingly.

It's nice to read measurements and goals that are relateable for me. So many people automatically assume that you're anorexic if you're small and still trying to take off some weight. I try to explain that 5 pounds on me equates to a much bigger weight gain on a "normal person," but I might just start doing what a PP said and explain it as "eating healthy" so people don't get all up in my face and tell me what I should or shouldn't weigh.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) 5'0" here.
  • Wantingslim
    Options
    4ft 11