Well, why can't you?

Options
1235»

Replies

• SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    So you're right and you're wrong, OP. Losing weight is simple, but simple is not the same as easy. That's why we need to support each other, and that's why I think you should button it.

I feel this sums it up, two short sentences.

I am not a binge eater. I don't eat junk, either. I don't eat my feelings, but I know many, many people do this and more, for lots of reasons. Yet I am obese. Why? Because I really like good food and my age and activity level have conspired against me. :wink:

So for me it is mostly about will power. Sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't. I'm trying, though. I'm old enough not to use the mindset of failure, it serves no purpose other than to make a person feel bad. I consider myself on a long trek that occasionally has a pitstop.

I am not qualified to help people with ED, so I never get involved.

As a lack of will power person, I thought I should raise my hand!
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Except I don't think you should button it.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Lol, no you're not! You couldn't give a solitary droplet of *kitten* about helping anyone. Every time I see you on here you're acting like an angry, bitter, post menopausal shrew. My guess is that you feel marginalized except for when you get blowback from yelling at strangers on the internet to "get off your lawn". Seems like an issue you should address in a healthier way.

Well, why can't you?

THIS!!! I have seen several of the OP comments on other threads! She is always like this. I think she needs a hug.
  • TehNoms
    TehNoms Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hug.jpg
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Wow, there's some anger and bitterness on here. I don't understand it at all. Lighten up, people, you don't know the first note of the music that moves me. (apologies to Patrick Rothfuss).
  • fatguydiary
    fatguydiary Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :smile: 2 key pieces here! One: you are exactly right, YOU have to do it for YOURSELF!! Two: Habits are HARD to change! but changeable. Take me for example, I had the weight of 360 pounds and 33 years of adult bad habits. The last 4 years it has been a challenge, but I am winning the battle to overhaul my life and change those 33 years of bad habits (150 down the first year). As I turn 57 next month, I am in reboot/retool mode and in the best fitness/health of my life.
    Some keywords for me and us all: Habits, honesty, attitude! Good Luck to all with changing those lifestyle habits.
    TheFatGuyTheFitGuyTheBEAST
    :happy:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration. Great job!!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Wow, there's some anger and bitterness on here. I don't understand it at all. Lighten up, people, you don't know the first note of the music that moves me. (apologies to Patrick Rothfuss).

Yes, there is. You should probably work that out in therapy though.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

You know what you need? A nice vegan red velvet cupcake-my specialty. I'll bake you one- Oh wait, then again, you wouldn't dare break your perfect diet would you.

A shame.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    I'm getting very tired of seeing posts whining that I can't stop bingeing, I can't stop eating or drinking thus and so, I can't stop falling off the wagon...well, why can't you? Is somebody standing there holding a gun to your head and forcing you to eat that cupcake or pizza or whatever? Do you really want to lose weight and get healthier or do you want to shovel in pop-tarts? You don't need hand-holding and people constantly reassuring you, you aren't a baby and don't need to be treated like one. If you don't want to do it, muscle up some self control and don't do it, and if you haven't got the self-control, that's nobody's fault but your own. This isn't being harsh, it's REALISTIC. Get some willpower. If you don't you WILL fail. Nobody can do it for you, you have to do it yourself.

tumblr_lnjfboOQuh1qjbdyno1_500.gif
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Lighten up, people, you don't know the first note of the music that moves me. (apologies to Patrick Rothfuss).
    Oh yes we do.
    15y6oph.jpg
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    as someone with a fantastic ability to overeat I find that the problem is not finding willpower it's finding WONT POWER...another piece? No, thankyou, I wont...

No-one has EVER held a gun to my head and forced me to eat. I imagine there are many people who get on a roll though and find it hard to stop once started, like me, whether it's alcohol or cake or bread or celery.

I think you are making the point of ownership...

MY NAME IS LIZ, I MADE MYSELF FAT.

Someday I may have a moan about trying to cope with daily temptation whilst I change my lifestyle....
    ..if I do, feel absolutely free not to read it. :flowerforyou:
  • Woodsmoke
    Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I am SICK of people telling me to just 'get some self control.'

Tell. Me. HOW. Because clearly I don't have it instinctually. STOP having a go at people with problems and tell me how to go about 'mustering some self control'!!!

If I had an 'on' switch for being good, I'd have turned on by now, darling!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, since when is support a bad thing? Do I need to do this myself? Yes! Has getting encouragement helped me? Yes! Have I had a couple of bad moments when willpower wasn't enough? Yes again (how do you think I put on the weight...)! New habits, improved willpower and not giving in to cravings takes constant work, and we all slip and get frustrated sometimes. Those posts are just about VENTING, and as the old saying goes "BE NICE OR LEAVE".
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Reread the post. I am not belittling anyone.

Yeah.......... you ARE!!!