foods you love that others might find gross?

Options
a few of my favorites would have to be mud-bugs. cant get enough of them.. they dont exactly smell like heaven but they sure taste it.
fried gator tail, buffalo.. mmm.

what are some foods you like that others dont and/or refuse to eat?

Replies

• koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Balut. I was born in cambodia and I apparently ate them as a child and I still eat them when I can :)

Koing
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Apple, raisin, honey and cinnamon grilled sandwiches! they are amazing!!!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    chicken nankotsu - basically lightly battered, deep fried chicken cartilage. I love it so much!

'wriggling' sashimi mackerel - not quite wriggling, but they kill the fish right there, slice it up to sashimi and after you eat the sashimi they deep fry the rest of the fish (fins and all) and you eat that. Mmmmmmmm....

edit: and ox tongue! YUMMM the best on BBQ... and poached fish testicles (lol I know)... they are really creamy and amazing in warm salads. I love Japanese food!
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have porridge every day for breakfast, but I add hot chocolate powder to make it taste chocolatey. Is lovely but a lot of people look at me like I'm crazy!
  • m00nshin3r
    Options
    chicken nankotsu - basically lightly battered, deep fried chicken cartilage. I love it so much!

'wriggling' sashimi mackerel - not quite wriggling, but they kill the fish right there, slice it up to sashimi and after you eat the sashimi they deep fry the rest of the fish (fins and all) and you eat that. Mmmmmmmm....

edit: and ox tongue! YUMMM the best on BBQ... and poached fish testicles (lol I know)... they are really creamy and amazing in warm salads. I love Japanese food!

sounds like calorie heaven, and you had me at bbq
  • JessHealthKick
    Options

haha the sashimi is actually super good! And the nankotsu is in tiny pieces and usually a side dish...

but BBQ... well that is BBQ. No going back on that. Went to a specialty lamb BBQ place the other week which was at the end of a *literally* pitch black corridor with no signs. Let's just say... I left my MFP hat at the entrance to that corridor!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,715 Member
    Options
    Poultry gizzards--love a salade perigordine. Also plain yoghurt sprinkled with instant coffee.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    a few of my favorites would have to be mud-bugs. cant get enough of them.. they dont exactly smell like heaven but they sure taste it.
    fried gator tail, buffalo.. mmm.

what are some foods you like that others dont and/or refuse to eat?

I saw some crocodile tail cooked by south american tribes on tv, it looked fricken awesome, what does it taste like?
  • nikilis
    Options
    I have porridge every day for breakfast, but I add hot chocolate powder to make it taste chocolatey. Is lovely but a lot of people look at me like I'm crazy!

no that totally makes sense. I have porridge every day these days (so the most awesome breakfast EVER right?) and I thought about adding coco+sugar to it.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Spaetzle mit senf und Weiss Schokolade. Sounds gross but it's awfully yummy!
  • nikilis
    Options

haha the sashimi is actually super good! And the nankotsu is in tiny pieces and usually a side dish...

but BBQ... well that is BBQ. No going back on that. Went to a specialty lamb BBQ place the other week which was at the end of a *literally* pitch black corridor with no signs. Let's just say... I left my MFP hat at the entrance to that corridor!

yah that sounds fricken awesome too. a european friend of mine posted this morning "my breakfast in tokyo this morning" - it was waffles with cream and maple syrup. what a dooche.
  • JessHealthKick
    Options

no that totally makes sense. I have porridge every day these days (so the most awesome breakfast EVER right?) and I thought about adding coco+sugar to it.

that sounds so heavenly, I wish I could still eat porridge.. I get so bloated and lose energy rather than gaining it :( I used to love it really hot with some milk and fresh honey poured ontop. The honey would melt and mis with the milk and it was oh so good!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Grilled Witchety Grubs
    Chicken feet
    Ham and cheese grilled sandwiches with honey (seriously. Try it)
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Spaetzle mit senf und Weiss Schokolade. Sounds gross but it's awfully yummy!

This pretty much sounds amazing.
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I adore tuna and banana sandwiches. :-)
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    spinach is my new fave...full of iron too.

great in omelettes, under a fillet of salmon, and great as a soup yum yum
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    hmm tuna and banana sounds interesting !! might have to try that :)
  • Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    mmmm i LOVE octopus ... Could eat it ALL day...I can't persuade any of my friends to eat it though...seems the suckers on the tentacles put them off.... but it is soooo good!
  • DeniseMCronin
    DeniseMCronin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Marmite YUM
  • Peni_Davidson
    Peni_Davidson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    UMMM mussels, poached in a white wine, shallot and chive liquor, finished with a dash of cream and served with fresh white crusy bread. My mouth is watering just thinking about them :smile: