foods you love that others might find gross?

Options

Replies

• k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    a burrito filled with sweet potato, peanut butter, chicken, and cinnamon
    egg white and egg omelet with peanut butter, jelly, and cinnamon all on top
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My husband loves peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I don't really have anything to odd
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    BBQ eel lol
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    This thread is giving me ideas of interesting foods to try!

I like black pudding (blood sausage) with marmalade. The flavours go together beautifully.

That sounds AMAZING. I love a good black pudding.
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This thread is giving me ideas of interesting foods to try!

I like black pudding (blood sausage) with marmalade. The flavours go together beautifully.

That sounds AMAZING. I love a good black pudding.

I have had a "black beauty" salad which was topped with black pudding, orange and lemon peel shreds. It was amazingly good, so I can see how this would work.

I love haggis, of course. It's peppery and spicy and silky and oaty. YUM. Nothing gross about it really, just a different sort of sausage, but people like to build it up to something more scary than it is.

I also like white pudding, which is basically just oatmeal, onions, and fat. It's awful; but awesome.
  • fallennabi
    Options
    Kimchi- My husband hates it
    Balot
    Bagoong (fermented anchovies)
    Fermented Bean Paste Soup
    Betamax (grilled chicken blood cubes)

I barely eat most of these foods since i need to switch to eating healthy! But i still eat kimchi!!!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,715 Member
    Options
    Smoked eel. Though now that they are considered endangered I don't have them anymore.
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty boring stuff compaired to all of these but the weirdest thing I saw eatten was a hamburger with peanut butter, banana and bacon, suposedly was the best thing ever
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Kimchi- My husband hates it
    Balot
    Bagoong (fermented anchovies)
    Fermented Bean Paste Soup
    Betamax (grilled chicken blood cubes)

I barely eat most of these foods since i need to switch to eating healthy! But i still eat kimchi!!!!

kimchi is awesome!!

i make okonomiyaki with kimchi and I try to make kimchi pancakes the korean way but theyre not the same so far :P
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Not odd, but I love cauliflower and everyone else in my family totally hates it. I like to roast it with a little olive oil and curry powder. YUM.
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Brussel spouts - boiled, roasted, steamed - I don't care how they're prepared, they're just so good.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Black pudding
    Haggis
    Octopus
    Squid
    Carpaccio
    Anchovies
    Whelks
    Mussels
    The most stinky cheese's you could imagine whether blue, brie whatever I'll eat it!
  • happy0349
    happy0349 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I too, love Chicken Gizzards
  • Lchittakhone
    Lchittakhone Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wavy lays covered in ketchup and taco salad with Dorito, taco meat, cheese,all the veggies,refried beans with 1000 island dressing.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I too, love Chicken Gizzards

I remember how they would be wrapped in a little package when my mother would buy a whole chicken. She used them in gravy. They aren't one of the foods on my list.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Green beans with ketchup.
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter burgers with jalapenos, cheddar, and bacon...Yummy!
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Brussel spouts - boiled, roasted, steamed - I don't care how they're prepared, they're just so good.

I came on here just to say Brussels sprouts. I LOVE them. They might smell awful when cooking, but they taste SO good.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Spaetzle mit senf und Weiss Schokolade. Sounds gross but it's awfully yummy!
    Hmmm....I don't think that anyone could everrrrrr think that those noodles or white chocolate would ever be gross. Gee! What were you thinking? My Oma and mother both came from Germany. Father's side is Italian/German. (Can you say temper?) LOL
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options

I came on here just to say Brussels sprouts. I LOVE them. They might smell awful when cooking, but they taste SO good.
    I love them too. The kids think I'm nuts. Except for my 2 yr old, he likes them too!