Has MFP replaced your fb?

Options

Replies

• Keebler1976
    Keebler1976 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    MFP is more important to me then FB, I'd rather be motivated by my MFP crew, then see who is doing nothing on FB. A lot more positive vibes on MFP...
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my wall what do you prefer and MFP was a landslide winner!
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    I keep both open, but MFP seems to be the best place to be! We all are here for the same reason! On Facebook, they dont' get me, and my fitness posts..and my weightloss posts...they get tired of me posting...here, people seem to be on the same page! MFP rocks!!

^me too :laugh:
    I have to check my FB because of my friends that are not member here. :drinker:
  • AnDiallo
    AnDiallo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm on here more than I am on FB, so I guess in a sense...
  • FitnessCharl
    FitnessCharl Posts: 166
    Options
    I am cheating on FB with MFP... Hiding my phone alerts from him.... Becoming distant... Picking on the small things that annoy me about FB.... "Why have you changed the layout again?" "What are these stupid bubbles that appear now". So yes, my relationship with FB looks to be coming to an end.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ha, yeah, MFP has pretty much replaced FB for me. I still check it, usually every day, but I don't post nearly as much, and I don't care as much what poeple there are doing.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I still read fb but am not in it as much as I was. I tend to spend more time on MFP these days and respond to stuff on here. Priorities have changed :) Who knew that would happen?
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm a FB hater!
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    sadly...yes (:
  • Emalilly13
    Emalilly13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • elliepearsonn
    Options
    its coming very close. I love MFP!
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hardly to go to FB anymore. This place gives me a lot more.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I still used both equally as often, but I prefer MFP personally --- less photos of spiders people find in their bathrooms and 'ideal' nights in involving chippy/chinese/indian/pizza take-aways
    I see those pictures and just think...yeah, that's like 2 days worth of calories in that one meal :laugh:
  • KentWhiteRabbit
    KentWhiteRabbit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am cheating on FB with MFP... Hiding my phone alerts from him.... Becoming distant... Picking on the small things that annoy me about FB.... "Why have you changed the layout again?" "What are these stupid bubbles that appear now". So yes, my relationship with FB looks to be coming to an end.

Love it!

Seriously considering closing my FB account. I would only miss the photo updates of my niece growing up in Scotland.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I use mfp more than facebook. But, I didn't really use facebook that much before, anyway. But, it has not replaced it because it's two completely different things. On facebook I am friends with my real life friends. I have moved around a lot and I'm a very social person, so I make and keep a lot of friends. On facebook I can keep in touch. I also am friends with my friends and dance community in my area and facebook is a way to keep track of what is going on, to network and share resources. So, facebook is very important to my life in two key ways. I don't spend a lot of time using it, though. I update my friends about important things and I share things about my children. I also find it helpful to able to "like" the fitness sites that I follow, so I can keep track and read the current info.

On mfp, I waste time writing random stuff in the forums, that sets it apart from fb. I'm glad I do not write as much on fb as I do on mfp because that would just be weird if I did that. There are sometimes things I share on mfp with my fitness friends, that I actually do not share on fb. I can sometimes share things here (just with my friends) that I don't share with the people that know me because of many reasons (too boring to get into all that). But, there are a lot of things I share on fb, that I don't share on mfp.
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Since joining mfp, I just don't have time for both and I find I get so much more (obviously) out of mfp. I actually care what my friends are up to ;) I care that you just did an hour workout and lost weight. I don't care if you just folded a load of laundry and are about to get groceries. I just can't get into fb and never was that keen on it. Anyone else spend more time here or replaced their fb? I rarely posted on fb to begin with, but now I'm never on it.

totally agree with everything you posted x
  • rosehippy77
    rosehippy77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I ditched FB back in October and deactivated my account, then by December completely deleted it.
    For me FB was a hotbed of attention seekers and total fruitcakes. I found looking on there just made me irritated at best, downright furious at worst!
    My only regret is that I have now lost touch with a cousin in Canada, and I miss the updates of her little ones growing up, and also a friend in Australia, whom I actually met through FB . She was the only reason I stayed with FB longer than I would have, I'd have bailed out long before I did if it wasn't for her. It was she who inspired me to take up running, she's an amazing woman and it was so inspiring to see her progress with her running. I always told her so and said that I would do it too one day, so it saddens me that I can't tell her now that I am running and loving it.
    But other than that, deleting the evil FB is the best thing I ever did! I am also a FB hater!
    I love MFP and love that I can keep most of my personal life just that and concentrate on what I'm on here for which is health and fitness!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I was at FB. I should probably just delete that account.
  • fit_ania
    fit_ania Posts: 26
    Options
    I deleted my FB 3 years ago. It was just becoming stupid
    Love MFO as long as there is no farmville
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Facebook ??? What is that??? LOL:laugh: