New Clothes For A Shrinking Body...and bit more.

Options
1235»

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    .... My mom also died at age 66, but she never had a weight problem. That made it harder for her to understand a daughter who was over-weight from age 11 on. My mom was thin growing up and only weighed 128 when fully pregnant. ...
    Actually, your weight problem may be related to your mother's thinness whil pregnant. I don't remember the details, but I recently heard of a study where they followed up on the children of women who were pregnant during a food shortage. (I think it was Europe at the end of WWII and right after.) An unusually high percentage of those children had trouble with weight gain. (Not blaming your mother, but it's amazing what hormones will do years on down the line!)
    Love your story and pictures... looking forward to hearing how the rest of the new wardrobe works out. (I've got a charity pick-up tomorrow morning, so I'll be weeding out some closets tonight.)
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing a picture of Dee Bennett... I actually remember reading about her on GardenWeb last year when I was deciding to plant roses in my backyard. Unfortunately, in our northern climate (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), the selection is very limited, and my densely shaded backyard doesn't help.

On another note, I do wonder if those 20 other blouses will be too loose by the time they arrive. :wink:

It is nice to find another rosarian on board MFP. I was a consulting rosarian for the American Rose Society for more than 32 years. I used to post on GardenWeb, but the webmaster was concerned, because of my reputation (as a champion rose exhibitor, author and lecturer on roses and nursery woman) and my Mom's reputation (which is worldwide as a hybridizer). He felt that I had an 'unfair advantage' over other rose businesses represented on that site, several of whom were his advertisers. I still owned Tiny Petals Nursery at that time and had way too many friends around the world who were promoting my activities and Mom's creations. The webmaster decided to restrict what topics I could address on GardenWeb and those that I could not. When I was told that I could not respond to any post which mentioned my nursery, my mother, myself by name...or anything relating to ROSES on a Rose Forum?!!!...I realized I had nothing further to say.

As for those 20 blouses, 9 arrived this week. I had to send one back, because it made me look like an over sized Shirley Temple. I felt like singing 'On the Good Ship Lollipop'. The rest are great, though one of them (in a size 20!!!) is a bit tight in the arms. It will sit at the back of the closet, while I do some upper arm workouts, until it fits. I showed those new blouses in a recent blog. Here is the link to those pictures.

http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/Hanfordrose/library/04-29-13 Fashion Show Of My Clothes

Another order should be arriving any day now. I am really enjoying these clothes that fit. I have literally gone from size 30/32 to size 22 in the past 5 months.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    .... My mom also died at age 66, but she never had a weight problem. That made it harder for her to understand a daughter who was over-weight from age 11 on. My mom was thin growing up and only weighed 128 when fully pregnant. ...
    Actually, your weight problem may be related to your mother's thinness whil pregnant. I don't remember the details, but I recently heard of a study where they followed up on the children of women who were pregnant during a food shortage. (I think it was Europe at the end of WWII and right after.) An unusually high percentage of those children had trouble with weight gain. (Not blaming your mother, but it's amazing what hormones will do years on down the line!)
    Love your story and pictures... looking forward to hearing how the rest of the new wardrobe works out. (I've got a charity pick-up tomorrow morning, so I'll be weeding out some closets tonight.)

My mom was a healthy, Aussie girl who never was heavy in her life. However, my Dad's side of the family were all overweight and had the typical health problems associated with the weight. I take after my Dad in so many way. Except for the beard, I am a dead ringer for him...don't you agree?

DadAndSue_zpsb5ef8f82.jpg?t=1367466971

The world lost a perfect Santa Claus, when my dad died in the 1994 Northridge earthquake. That photo of me was taken in 2007.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!