What Is Your Most Embarrassing Moment At The Gym ?

Options

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I was going for a max on my snatch and when I was down on the squat trying to go up I fell on my *kitten*, dropped the bar of course before I fell

What's a snatch?
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was finished a set of leg presses, listening to some disturbed and grabbed for my water bottle. Had my drink with headphones blasting and my mind on my next set. Well I got some water on my lips so without thinking (still staring off into space) I lick them. THEN I noticed the creepy old guy that was staring at me the whole time. For some reason he looked really excited... dunno why... :p Damn guy followed me for the rest of my workout.... lol
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: A few years ago while working out with a trainer I passed out. It was due to hypoglicemia. Totally embarrassing. Fortunately I was able to mumble, " I need sugar." So they ran off to find foodz. When she got back she proceeded to shove the driest crackers ever into my mouth. Being passed out I was unable to chew. I had to spit it out and mumble, "juice!" and ..."NO don't call an ambulance!" I am pretty sure they tried to feed me a banana too till they finally managed to find apple juice. Thank God for apple juice!

:blushing: Yesterday while doing one of the chest press machines I saw a guy giggling at me twice. Prolly cuz I pull silly faces while working out but it could have also been cuz my arms were quivering. I'm such a weakling :(
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was going for a max on my snatch and when I was down on the squat trying to go up I fell on my *kitten*, dropped the bar of course before I fell

What's a snatch?

in the UK, its not something you want people to see at the gym...
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i fell of the treadmill a few weeks back, lace came undone, i went down fast, cut my hands, bruises up both shins, and i was even left with the belt imprint pattern on my legs. one woman ignored, a man jumped off him machine to help and fell over aswell.
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tears and the laughter!!! You have made my day start well! Time for some work. =)
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    was already in the pool for the parent and child swimming lesson before I realised my swimming cossie was inside out (and you know they love a bright white gusset liner..) had to go the whole half hour trying to stay under the water as much as possible before scurrying away!

said hi to a neighbour on a treadmill, a week before her wedding, distracting her and making -her- fly off it and hurt her wrist...

getting to the gym straight from work, finishing getting changed and realising I'd forgotten my trainers. Hubby came to rescue me but I had to walk down the road with my gym kit plus black leather boots on!

I'm sure there are more!
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    I was doing box jumps onto some risers (the kind you stack to the height you want), and when I got to one of my last ones I wasn't able to jump high enough to land on the top so my feet caught the edge, I knocked the whole thing over and I came crashing down onto the step and risers.... both painful and embarassing.
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It has to be the shorts ripping during a deep and heavy squat set. And for those wondering yes i did finish the set before changing.

Moral of the Story Always care a spare pair on leg days ;)
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    After several weeks away from the gym, I was at the stretching area trying to do some sit ups on one of those exercise balls. Also in the stretching area at the time were two very pretty ladies who were doing some stretching, and being the show off that I am I tried to do more sit ups than I could. I was fine after the first set, but when I tried to go for the second set I experienced severe spasms in my stomach muscles and started groaning in agony. I collapsed on to the floor and just lay the while waiting for the spasms to ease up. I don't think they took any notice because they continued chatting and doing their stretches, but the fact that they were there while I was going through the spasm was embarrassing enough.
  • xxanishxx
    xxanishxx Posts: 212
    Options
    farting when one handed dumbell rows
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    When I was in college, I bought a new sports bra that squashed my girls a little more than I cared for....so I bought a set of those silicone *falsies* and inserted them before heading off for the gym. Was running full steam on the treadmill, when I realized my shoe lace was coming untied. I stopped and bent over to tie it, and one of those sweaty fake boobs plopped out of my neckhole on the floor and bounced. The dude on the machine next to me goes "Whoops, I'll get that for you"...but then he stopped mid-grab and just paused....I scooted over and snatched it up before he could, and headed for the showers.....I realized when I got to the locker room, that the other booby had slipped up when I bent over and was up around my collar bone. Never went back to that gym, and learned my lesson on vanity.

This entry wins hand down! Hilarious! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I bought a new sports bra that squashed my girls a little more than I cared for....so I bought a set of those silicone *falsies* and inserted them before heading off for the gym. Was running full steam on the treadmill, when I realized my shoe lace was coming untied. I stopped and bent over to tie it, and one of those sweaty fake boobs plopped out of my neckhole on the floor and bounced. The dude on the machine next to me goes "Whoops, I'll get that for you"...but then he stopped mid-grab and just paused....I scooted over and snatched it up before he could, and headed for the showers.....I realized when I got to the locker room, that the other booby had slipped up when I bent over and was up around my collar bone. Never went back to that gym, and learned my lesson on vanity.

This entry wins hand down! Hilarious! :laugh: :laugh:

Had to edit cuz I prematurely posted do to the lulz...Oh man that really sucks. I can not breath from laughing though. Sorry.
  • CillitBang
    CillitBang Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    FARTING DOING A SQUAT.

Yup.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not the only one to trip and fall in a zumba class..
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was fairly new to the gym and the locker rooms are right next to eachother, so it's not really my fault.

I was talking to a friend and not paying attention and walked right into the men's locker room (it was full), stood there confused for close to a minute, then walked out. My friend was waiting outside to mock me.

Could have stopped me...but didn't.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I was taking a cardio kickboxing class and the instructor (who happens to be a male and is in incredible shape...annnd kinda cute) had us focus on a target area and aim to kick slap that target each time.... I guess I wasn't kicking right, so he came over by me to show me how to kick slap the right way. He told me to slap his leg, and at first I hesitated, like "why does he want me to slap his leg", but he insisted, so I slapped his leg with my hand....and he was like "NOO! I mean for you to kick slap me with your foot" and started laughing. He meant for me to kick slap, using his leg as a target. He wasn't worried about me hurting him, but of course, I slapped his thigh with my hands, like a total perv. The whole class lauged, I laughed too, it was a little embarressing, but I got over it lol, oh well.

I read through this post and this is still my favorite :laugh:
  • TehNoms
    TehNoms Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have commented on falling off the treadmill, and that is totally me. A friend comes with me sometimes and she will hop on the treadmill right next to me. Well we were both into our own workout and I leaned over a bit to show her the song that was on my mp3 player, and I didnt slow the treadmill and ended up tripping over my own feet. I was able to grab the siderails and not fall completely down, but it was enough to make her crack up pretty hard. I wish I could say I learned from that experience, but it has happened again since then.
  • Naomi_the_Great
    Naomi_the_Great Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    haHA

Oh wait...

I'm laughing WITH you. ;)

A lot of people have commented on falling off the treadmill, and that is totally me. A friend comes with me sometimes and she will hop on the treadmill right next to me. Well we were both into our own workout and I leaned over a bit to show her the song that was on my mp3 player, and I didnt slow the treadmill and ended up tripping over my own feet. I was able to grab the siderails and not fall completely down, but it was enough to make her crack up pretty hard. I wish I could say I learned from that experience, but it has happened again since then.
  • NoMoreFatTony
    NoMoreFatTony Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For those that wear the Lululemon yoga pants: I heard about this on NPR. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/apr/04/lululemon-chief-product-officer-yoga