Any Craft Beer , Beer Geeks in here ?

Options

Replies

• bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love wheat beers, stouts, and porters. Nothing too hoppy like IPAs, Pale Ales, or Red Ales. However I do love the Aprihop by Dogfish head. That stuff is the bomb! My fav beers are Fin Du Monde, Eble Weiss (Two Brothers--GO LOCAL!), and Pumpking beer by Southern Tier.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I homebrew and make wine. I'm really into some good IPA's now, but I like it all... even an occasional Bud, Coors light or PBR.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I make our own beer and have a 7-tap full-sized bar in our basement...does that count? :) Stouts, IPA's, Jalapeno beers, Belgian trippels, etc. yeah, we like our craft beers.
  • iangelbailey10
    iangelbailey10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am new to trying different beers, but luckily I live near Asheville, NC. We have a bunch of local places that serve really good beer. There is also a new brewery in Brevard, NC called Oskar Blues. They have one called Mama's little yella pils that I am crazy about! Pilsner has become my new favorite :)
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale all the way!

I love this one. I'm currently enjoying a sampler pack from Kona Brewing Co. Yum yum. I don't know very much about beer, but I like it.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale all the way!

I love this one. I'm currently enjoying a sampler pack from Kona Brewing Co. Yum yum. I don't know very much about beer, but I like it.
    Kona Porter is awesome stuff.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Any Ohio beer lovers in here ?

So wheres your favoirte places you have been ?

By far my favorite would have to be House of 1000 Beers in Pittsburgh or Church Brewworks...
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Any Ohio beer lovers in here ?

So wheres your favoirte places you have been ?

By far my favorite would have to be House of 1000 Beers in Pittsburgh or Church Brewworks...

I'm not an "Ohio" beer lover, but I do love some Ohio beer. I do like Great Lakes, especially Alchemy Hour and Lake Erie Monster. I've just started trying Hoppin' Frog. Had Barrel aged B.O.R.I.S. during beer week, that was excellent! :drinker:

My favorite city to go is Grand Rapids since they seem to add a new brewpub every other month and it gives me an excuse to stop at the Greenbush Brewpub once on the way in and once on the way home.

My favorite brewpub is Vintage in Madison, WI. Excellent food and excellent beer! Can't wait to go there after I pick up my Great Taste of the Midwest tickets on Sunday!
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options

My favorite for years has been Dragon's Milk by New Holland Brewery. They ferment the secondary stage in whisky barrels, and you can taste that in the beer!

Correction - Bourbon Barrels, with Vanilla added in. It's delicious.
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I make our own beer and have a 7-tap full-sized bar in our basement...does that count? :) Stouts, IPA's, Jalapeno beers, Belgian trippels, etc. yeah, we like our craft beers.

Ever had Habanero? I have a recipe I'm willing to share. :bigsmile::drinker:
  • EponaBlue
    EponaBlue Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Beer good. Me like! ;-)

Here's another plug for the craft beer MFP group. Come on over and join in!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11960-craft-beer-and-home-brewing

Thanks! :drinker:
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options

My favorite city to go is Grand Rapids since they seem to add a new brewpub every other month and it gives me an excuse to stop at the Greenbush Brewpub once on the way in and once on the way home.

I went on a Beerventure to Michigan in Febuary. I hissed at the Universty as i drove by ..lol
  • fluffhetty
    fluffhetty Posts: 19
    Options
    Best beer I ever had was from the Great Divide Brewery. It was a 15th anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA. Most Double IPAs are pretty bitter, but the aging in a wood barrel made this beer smoother than any I've had.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/158/50331
  • kevokie
    kevokie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Beer! My favorite meals of the day. I'm a big craft beer drinker. Oklahoma has some really good up and rising craft breweries now. Also, lucky for me, I love to homebrew. I have a belgian golden ale fermenting right now. I hopped it up with citra and amarillo hops and it's going to be AMAZING!
  • kissenluna
    kissenluna Posts: 1
    Options
    Kentucky has a light ale too. At 125 calories and 4.3% ABV, it's my go-to when I'm watching cals. It's doesn't have the Kentucky Bourbon flavor because it isn't aged like Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is, but it's a wonderful German Kölsch and doesn't taste like most crappy mainstream light beers.
  • halffull_pgh
    Options
    I probably drink more homebrew than anything else as of late but I always try to find something new when I am out and about. That being said, I will almost never turn down an IPA or anything on cask.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    This reminds me that I need to get some beer next time I go to the store. And chocolate. But mostly beer.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    i need beer too. I'm trying to work my way through Stone's beer collection.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

I have Third Shift because I heard good things about it. Yeah, last time I try a beer based on that friend's recommendation... Bleh...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

I have Third Shift because I heard good things about it. Yeah, last time I try a beer based on that friend's recommendation... Bleh...

Hah! The bad part about doing it on someone's recommendation is that a good six pack costs 8-12 dollars and I know I'm only going to drink 1-2 at a time, so I hate buying more than one. :tongue: