Advocare 24 Day Challenge Stories???

Options

Replies

• Lori0534
    Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have had plenty of energy to exercise! I'm just sleepy, but my body feels good!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of buying the advocare 34 day challenge pack. But not sure how what flavor to buy. and im not sure how to start eating clean. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Friend me, I would love to help you out!!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I drink Spark every morning and every afternoon. I would be lost without it!!!!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 right now. Just started the fiber drink again. I lost 6 lbs the first four days....haven't weighed myself since. Been doing 4 days of 45-60 min cardio and one day of yoga. I found it helped a lot to prep meats and complex carbs for the week. I cooked some chicken, ground turkey, brown rice, and hard cooked eggs. It was nice to know that clean foods were already prepped. I just had to combine them with some veggies.

I have a group on facebook where I'm blogging all my food, exercise, struggles, and successes. Shoot me a message with your email if you want to follow. Or friend me on here.

The hardest part has been the sugar. I work with high school sports teams and they are always bringing pans of bars and cookies to games.

I'd recommend getting a blender bottle of some sort. SO much easier to mix everything each morning.

I'm using the 24-day challenge to kind of jump start healthy eating. I needed something more strict to follow. The first phase I completely cut out dairy, sugar (aside from fruit), and wheats. I'm going to add a little of each in the next phase. It does cost a lot, but money is a great motivator for me...so I'm really making an effort to do it right.
  • toastis
    toastis Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm on day two. So far I am ok. Fighting with my cravings for desserts, dairy and fried foods. It's absolutely funny how when I was eating clean on my own I was fine, have the Advocare system restricting me ... now I am struggling. I know it will pass, I just have to stay strong. I lost 2lbs since I started, but I did 2 different cardio workouts yesterday, whereas I normally do one. I am ingesting less caffeine than I used to even with the Spark's help, so I feel a little sluggish around mid-day but a veggie snack picks me back up. I thought I would die with the fiber drink, but it's not bad with a little tiny bit of juice and lots of water. It takes me awhile to drink it all, but I get it down. Overall, I've tolerated all the products really well. My boyfriend is doing the challenge with me. He's not as strict on eating as me nor coming off a significant amount of caffeine or soda. He says the spark has really given him a ton of energy.

I say if you are thinking about it - do it. Worse case even if you don't lose a pound, your body with be healthier. :) Good luck to all.

I'm on day 10 - past most of the urges for food. Wondering how the PMS time of the month is going to be a factor in all of this. I;ve lost 3 lbs, try to 30 min of cardio everyday, I have a ton of energy. I tried to reduce my spark when I was running low - I am rationing myself at times. I've cheated with the dairy a few times. It's so hard to give it up, more than sweets even. I overall feel great just wishing I would see more lbs coming off. I did see a new arm muscle, I could be crazy but I'd swear it wasn't there before. It was exciting. I found some pictures of myself a few years ago before I lost the 100lbs and I am a completely different person now. It's exciting only 70 lbs to go... And it's going to fight me every step of the way.
  • toastis
    toastis Posts: 6
    Options
    Started the Max phase. My body feels good. I haven't lost any more than the 3 lbs, but I have lost inches on most of my measurements. I've fallen off the wagon a lot this weekend. I don't make excuses for it, I have no doubt it affects my results. I do notice that I feel hungrier than usual. it's overwhelming and I think perhaps it's too long between meals?
  • caitlinvanpelt
    Options
    I started the 24 day challenge and after the first cleanse portion decided it wasn't for me. However, I feel the program did teach me much better eating habits. I feel I am facing my most difficult struggle yet in losing weight. I am eating better, exercising daily, drinking more water than I have ever swam in and the weight is still pouring on! When I started the challenge last month I weighed 162 and now I am pushing 168 in less than a month. Is there a possibility that not finishing the cleanse could be causing this? I quit 2 days into the MNS stage. I feel like my metabolism has completely shut down. Has anyone else had any similar symptoms or situations? I have tried doing research but feel like I am going crazy!
  • Olivaresalexis1001
    Options
    I am 21 yrs old and weigh 260 and I'm pretty short. My cousin is a sponsor and got me started. I'm on day 14 and see results but I'm doing this alone and live at my moms am every once and a while I slip. Overall I eat way less and better in the last two weeks than I ever have but I still feel guilty. My cousin tried to remind me that I'm only Human and doing great, but I don't want to fail her. I'm just wondering how much slip ups could really cost me in the end. I take all the supplements every day and I'm not eating sweets or anything like that. Please help.
  • BucksGrad90
    Options
    24 Day challenge complete

From a 12oz Coke/Mt Dew a day habit to 2 Ginger Ales a week (this was not easy)
    Did not eat deserts
    No fried foods, lots of lean protein
    Limited bread and pasta
    Snacks went from chips and chocolate to fruit and nuts
    In the 24 days I ate out 3 times
    I kept a food diary so I know everything I ate.

Drank TONS of water - I needed it to get the pills down

I couldn't do the meal shakes because they gave me diarrhea, more so that the
    daily loose stools from the other stuff. Instead I had a banana and some oatmeal.

Exercise: Soccer 2 times a week plus morning walks with the dog each day.

Total weight loss after 24 days: 3 pounds THREE
    I am 5'11 197. I had hoped to get under 190.

So tell me what I did wrong?
    The Avocare coach said I must have cheated in the diet and blamed it all on me.
    I showed her the food diary and she repeated that I must have cheated and not written everything down. Why would I do that? For the money I put into this I expected a lot more support and at least some average results.
  • lloyd14
    Options
    The cleanse phase helps rid your body of toxins - some people just take the 10 day cleanse. The max phase brings on a great level of nutrients to aid in what I like to call... toning my body ;) Never thought I would do something this, but when I hit a plateau and wanted to drop that 10 more pounds, this came in handy to same the least. I've completed the full 24 DC and cut my 10lbs - BOOM! I have continued to stay with my healthy lifestyle and take minimal products now. Message me if you have questions on how I did it...
  • savanah71010
    Options
    Hello everyone! i am 18 years old i way 175 pounds i am starting my first 24 day challenge tomorrow.. does anyone have any tips? my goal is to lose 30 pounds and if i see results will contuine with the 24 day challenge!
  • McMouth
    Options
    I am a 1st timer to Advocare and the 24 day challenge. I am also a 1st timer on a message board!!! LOL. This is really kinda funny because I'm a 43 yr old mom of the boys....thought Id seen and done it all:-/. I have two girlfriends that were very successful with this so I decided I am going to give it the ole college try! I too am starting mine in the morning. I weigh 147 and I'm only 5'3". Just feel GROSS in my own skin:(. Praying for strength, discipline, encouragement and Big Results!
  • wuc1013
    wuc1013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The herbabl supplement made me flush really bad and I woke up several times during the night. Can I take it during the day and split the pills up and take one at a time?
  • ashleyyj90
    ashleyyj90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first time doing the challenge. I was warned by a friend that you will feel horrible when you first do the cleanse but DO NOT QUIT!! I started on Sunday (the 20th) and the second day I felt horrible. After that day was over I feel great now! It is cleaning all the junk out of your body so when it is your first time just stick with it! I can't wait to see my results I have been following the plan step by step along with the recommended portions and food choices.
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've done the Advocare 24 Day challenge. I lost weight while I was on it, but I've also lost weight while I wasn't on it. You know what else I lost? The money I spent on it. Total waste.

Change your diet. Exercise more. Take vitamins if you need them (there's no way the makers of Advocare know what vitamins MY body is deficient in). That's all it takes. There is no magic pill or supplement or formula. Calories in < calories out. Period.
  • riskybizness02
    Options
    I am on my 2nd 24 day challenge, I also have lost 3 pounds.. Its a struggle. I am insulin resistant which means my body produces sugar naturally and it fills my cells. no nutrients just sugar. so burning fat cells is next to impossible. I have to do weights and cardio to lose anything at all and ONLY eat vegetables and meat. Maybe you sholdu try it too. best of luck .p.s. have doc check your A1 -c levels and make sure your not insulin resistant like me.
  • Kaitlin11m
    Options
    I am currently on day 4 of my challenge. Have only lost one pound so far and no inches. I started eating better 2 weeks before my challenge and lost 7 pounds. When do people mostly start loosing the weight or inches because im hoping something will happen soon even though I know it's not good to loose the weight quickly. I'm really having a hard time with distancing myself from cheese. I love cheese! LOL Any suggestions? Love hearing all your success stories!! Thanks guys.
  • Ninalee123
    Options
    I just recently became interested in checking into the 24 day challenge. I would love any advice or information as well :) Reading reviews online is nice, but talking to a person who has actually tried it out would be nice. :smile:
  • Shmkay
    Options
    I start my 24 day challenge on Tuesday. I'll update daily & tell you how I feel!
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    One of my friends did this in preparation for her wedding. She felt great while she was on it and after she finished, but gained the weight she lost (water weight) within the next two weeks. Granted, she went back to old habits immediately after the program ended which is a huge reason. But overall, her take on it was that it wasn't worth the money to do it again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!