Advocare 24 Day Challenge Stories???

Options

Replies

• DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Started the 24 Day Challenge today! Fiber drink is awful, but I'm determined to stick with the program :)

It definitely tastes awful but it will make you feel great!
  • jwoodha
    jwoodha Posts: 1
    Options
    This board is interesting, thanks for sharing your stories. I am on day 6 of the 24 day challenge and have followed the program exactly every day so far. I've exercised 3 of the 6 days (30 min of cardio). I am 37 male, 265 lbs, 6'3" and am happy to say that as of today, day 6, I've lost 9 lbs so far! Dont get discouraged.
  • fmsdancer48
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of the challenge with great results so far! I've lost 5 lbs in 3 days, not counting the 4th because I will see these results tomorrow morning:) The fiber drink is awful, my advice is just to drink it QUICKLY. The longer it sits, the thicker it gets. Other than that, nothing else is too bad so far! I've had a couple cravings of my favorite fast food/ places to go eat, but just think of your goal body. I'm excited for the max phase because I've heard those are the best results...? But, I'm satisfied so far with advocare and suggest that you give it a try!
  • bkulis
    bkulis Posts: 2
    Options
    I am on day 10 and am a distributor! I've fallen for the products! Don't listen to people who say you gain it all back. Those that do return to their unhealthy eating habits and don't maintain their workout regiment. Advocare is about a lifestyle change not a quick fix. Good luck to everyone on it!
  • fgagle
    fgagle Posts: 2
    Options
    I am on day 15 of the Advocare 24 day challenge and so far I have lost 8 pounds of fat and gained 4 pounds of lean muscle. I'm 40 years old and I'm feeling better, have more energy and mental focus. I now feel like I did in my 20s. I recommend that for anyone going on the challenge that they also use the optional Catalyst product, which is an amino acid supplement that provides fuel for your muscles in between meals. This provides your body with protein without the calories.

Fred
  • nikknight
    nikknight Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Another way to drink the fiber drink is to put it in applesauce and eat the apple sauce and then chug water after it. You won't even notice you're eating the fiber stuff! :)
  • 55044TeamJoy
    55044TeamJoy Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was introduced to advocare through the 24 day challenge and absolutely fell in love with the products. My wife and I both did it at the same time and it completely launch a lifestyle change. I lost 9 lbs and 3% body fat and could totally see all of my abs and shoulder/arm definition again! My wife was using it as a jump start to her post pregnancy recovery and lost 12 lbs and 15 inches on during the 24 DC. We both stayed on MNS, omegas, catalyst and of course rehydrate and Spark since and she's cut off another 11 inches in the past month! The overall energy level and "healthy" feeling is one that I've missed. I'm starting to consider giving some of the performance elite products advocare offers a try too. Anyone have any experience with those?

I would totally recommend this program to anyone. Both those looking to lose wait, and those looking for a boost in energy!
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options
    Another way to drink the fiber drink is to put it in applesauce and eat the apple sauce and then chug water after it. You won't even notice you're eating the fiber stuff! :)

This is a brilliant idea!
  • Lisasrk
    Lisasrk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start the challenge in September. Can anyone share their typical food diary for a day during the first 10 days and during day 11-45? Did you just buy the challenge pack or did you also include any additional products. I'm 52 years old and want to do this properly so that I achieve and maintain a 10-15 pound loss. Any help or advice will be appreciated
  • March31981
    Options
    Has anyone experienced being run down or flu like symptoms during the forts few days of the cleanse? I am finishing up day 2 and felt like crap yesterday and today..... I have read that cleanses can make you feel yuck at the beginning till it gets rid of the toxin, but wanted to know if anyone else felt this way the beginning of the 24 day challenge.
    Thanks!
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options
    I'm going to start the challenge in September. Can anyone share their typical food diary for a day during the first 10 days and during day 11-45? Did you just buy the challenge pack or did you also include any additional products. I'm 52 years old and want to do this properly so that I achieve and maintain a 10-15 pound loss. Any help or advice will be appreciated

I blogged about both of my challenges here - http://myparadise8-11-12.blogspot.com/. I included recipes, a breakdown of my grocery list and highlight of my days.
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options
    Has anyone experienced being run down or flu like symptoms during the forts few days of the cleanse? I am finishing up day 2 and felt like crap yesterday and today..... I have read that cleanses can make you feel yuck at the beginning till it gets rid of the toxin, but wanted to know if anyone else felt this way the beginning of the 24 day challenge.
    Thanks!

I haven't felt that way at the beginning of the challenge but I've been sick/allergies acting up off and on all summer so perhaps you're catching something in general or feeling lousy from weather changes?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    double post
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The supplements don't do much to raise your metabolism, the eating six healthy meals does. When your body realizes that it is going to have food all day it begins to quit storing it for later and begins to burn what your eat. The healthy eating also reduces unnecesary calories and thus your body begins then to burn the extra stored fat because it realizes it no longer has need of it. The only supplements that would specifically increase metabolism would be the spark, and the Thermoplus. Once you stopped those you may notice some stagnation in weight loss, but maintaining healthy eating habits will prevent weight gain.

This post is so full of misinformation I want to cry. So so wrong!

The reason so many people fail and losing and maintaining weight is because there is about 97% myth and only 3% truth. And the 3% is free of charge and doesn't require purchase of a product. People like you are the reason all the other people in this thread waste money on a product that does nothing more than calorie counting and exercise.
  • hellomandarkk
    hellomandarkk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    2ewjr5f.jpg

This is day 23 of 24 of the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I technically lost 5 lbs but gained muscle so a net loss of 2.5 lbs. I feel strong and look better I think! Hope you decide to join because it is worth it. :)
  • emcevoy78
    Options
    I just started Advocare 24 Challenge today and the fiber drink is brutal. Can this be taken with applesauce? Or any other way but as that awful drink?
  • sbox11
    sbox11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just started Advocare 24 Challenge today and the fiber drink is brutal. Can this be taken with applesauce? Or any other way but as that awful drink?

I've heard of people mixing it with applesauce and eating it that way, then chugging water afterwards. What flavor did you get though? I think Peaches and Cream is the only one that isn't so rough (from what I hear). I have that flavor and it doesn't bother me to drink it. Just have to have ICE COLD water and shake it really well.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite getting why people are trying to figure out how to get something down that they find truly awful (tree bark?) to eat and/or drink. Surely it doesn't have magic powers that real whole food doesn't have. The world is full of good, healthy food that you don't need to "cleanse" out of your body. Now portion control and fitting in work outs is a totally different challenge.....
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options

I've heard of people mixing it with applesauce and eating it that way, then chugging water afterwards. What flavor did you get though? I think Peaches and Cream is the only one that isn't so rough (from what I hear). I have that flavor and it doesn't bother me to drink it. Just have to have ICE COLD water and shake it really well.

Peaches and Cream is infinitely better than Citrus! If mixing it with applesauce helps you, go for it! Or, if you have the citrus, try it with orange juice instead of water.
  • 55044TeamJoy
    55044TeamJoy Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Peaches and Cream is infinitely better than Citrus! If mixing it with applesauce helps you, go for it! Or, if you have the citrus, try it with orange juice instead of water.

P&C doesn't have the appetite suppressant though. That's what the primary draw to the Citrus is if you can suck it down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!