Advocare 24 Day Challenge Stories???

Options

Replies

• kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I CANT do the fiber drink...or as we affectionately call it, tree bark...I have tried every which way, won't go down...I do fiber capsules instead and it works...my husband puts it in his oatmeal which makes the oatmeal really thick, but it works for him!
  • meg1126mm
    Options
    Today is actually my last day of the 24-day challenge and I absolutely loved it. I haven't weighed myself this past week but as of day 14 I was down around 7 lbs. I am a fitness instructor and an exercise physiologist (so I didn't have a ton of weight to lose) so I thought that was pretty impressive. I have done a million other cleanses and this by far was the easiest one I have ever done. The fiber drinks were definitely a bit hard to get down, but I just chugged them as fast as I could (it was only 6 drinks total). The max phase did have a lot of pills but I didn't think it was anything super hard remember (been on worse cleanses where everything had to be at a specific time, etc...) I thought the products tasted well and I would definitely recommend it to others and I look forward to continuing to use some of their other products. (And no, I am not a distributor or affiliated with any of their products, just a happy customer)
  • Lld320
    Lld320 Posts: 81
    Options
    I try not to put things I can't pronounce into my body.
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    I lost all my baby weight with Advocare!
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    Hi all!

I just started 24 day challenge today. Almost gagged on the fiber drink. Any tips? I'm also not eating sugar calories so juice isn't an option for me. I do exercise for an hour, 6 days a week so I'm hoping Advocare will help me get these last 10 lbs off!!

If you blend the drink in a blender and add citrus (lemon or OJ) it helps a ton! Advocare worked wonders for me! Good luck and message me if you need help!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I did my Challenge from January 1st through the 24th. I lost a total of 5.6lbs and 5.25 inches. Just based on those numbers alone I thought my results were total crap. But then I compared my before and after pictures and am still in complete shock!

2d2f7ef.jpg

I used the Challenge as kind of a jump start. I had kind of fallen off the wagon a bit and needed something to keep me motivated. I also needed something with structure to help me with my eating habits. I picked up some great habits on my Challenge that I am planning to continue, such as portion sizes. I actually weigh and measure out my food now which is huge for me, especially on the weekends. On the weekends I would grab a bag of chips and totally and completely estimate how much I was eating. Now, if I separate it out a week in advance, I can go grab a little serving of whatever I want and not have to even think about it.

This past week I have been able to maintain my loss. I probably would have lost more but I didn't eat as well as I did on the Challenge. This week, I have my meals and snacks prepped out and am getting 100% back on track. I will have treats now and then, and that is totally okay, but for the most part I am going to continue prepping my meals as if I were still on the Challenge.

That is one of the things I love about Advocare. It isn't "just a meal replacement shake". The Challenge actually teaches you how to eat properly and that is where a lot of other systems fail. When you stop using the shake, you gain things back. After the Challenge, you may or may not stop using the supplements but you have learned how to eat better and that will be easier to help you maintain what you have lost and to continue losing.

I blogged about my Challenge and included weekly grocery lists and recipes. myparadise8-11-12.blogspot.com. I don't know if the link to my blog will get removed or not so if you're interested in reading, send me a message and I'll give you the link.

ETA - I'm a short 5 foot 1 inch person so 5.6lbs may not sound like a lot but it looks like a lot.
  • lauraalanis2014
    Options
    Hi, I am thinking about trying the Advocare 24 Day Challenge but I'm not sure if it's right for me... I am 5 ft, weighing about 120lbs... I don't eat clean but I have a fast metabolism... I was reading some results here and a lot lost weight right away, but I feel that if i lost like 7 lbs in a week, it will not be healthy. I do want a flat tummy, but weight-wise, i am fine
    should i try the challenge?
  • zenwarrior77
    zenwarrior77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The supplements don't do much to raise your metabolism, the eating six healthy meals does. When your body realizes that it is going to have food all day it begins to quit storing it for later and begins to burn what your eat. The healthy eating also reduces unnecesary calories and thus your body begins then to burn the extra stored fat because it realizes it no longer has need of it. The only supplements that would specifically increase metabolism would be the spark, and the Thermoplus. Once you stopped those you may notice some stagnation in weight loss, but maintaining healthy eating habits will prevent weight gain.
  • sszabo2
    sszabo2 Posts: 1
    Options
    lauraalanis20, what are your goals for the challenge if you were to do one? I ask because it doesn't sound necessarily like weight is the primary concern. Are you trying to change your eating habits? Tone up through exercise and eating right?

To quote DeeVanbles , "That is one of the things I love about Advocare. It isn't "just a meal replacement shake". The Challenge actually teaches you how to eat properly and that is where a lot of other systems fail. When you stop using the shake, you gain things back. After the Challenge, you may or may not stop using the supplements but you have learned how to eat better and that will be easier to help you maintain what you have lost and to continue losing."

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. I did a 24 day challenge 2 years ago. I was losing baby weight after 6 months PP. I lost 12 1/2 inches and maybe 10 lbs... if that in lbs after 24 days. I know the inches for sure. I just started a new challenge yesterday, partially to motivate some friends and partially to get my eating back in check. When I did my initial measurements... I was 56 inches less than when I started with Advocare 2 years ago, and 15 lbs lighter. And I have dropped 3-4 pants sizes. I do feel it is my habits learned with Advocare, plus some exercise motivation that truly was a key part in those numbers. My body is reshaped into a much healthier version of me (and I am turning 40 in July!).

So depending on your motivation for the challenge, yes, I could be for you. If you have any direct questions, I would be happy to help.
    Susan
  • Theringofice
    Options
    Laura, the people losing weight really quickly are because they are heavier to start with. If you are already at an appropriate weight then you won't be losing pounds like others will. I do believe it could help with that flat stomach you yearn for. It helped me lose a few inches.

I completely agree with sszabo; one of the best things is that you continue eating healthier than you did. That in itself is awesome let alone the weight loss. I did it and haven't put any of the weight back on, this past year I went from 215 to 175.

If you have any questions please post it in here or message me!
  • imextami
    imextami Posts: 5
    Options
    Starting my challenge today... cannot wait!
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options
    Starting my challenge today... cannot wait!
    Good luck! Feel free to add me for support! I'm starting my second round on June 1!
  • pangelique1
    Options
    So I have been taking the 24 day challenge and so far I have not been impressed.... during the cleanse phase I felt queezy and I think its from not eating enough but I did use the restroom a lot since I usually go every other day or so, so this has helped me start to go everyday... however I havent had a solid stool since. Is that normal? The max phase I have been on for 4 days now and it has made me feel jittery, shaky, sometimes numb in the throat and back of my tongue... I usually dont drink coffee or anything with caffine and I read that the pills equal to one cup of coffee.... I just dont know if this is for me. I checked the scale the other day and have only lost a lb. I have seen my stomach shrink since I have started since I was backed up as well as bloated from eating wrong. I have started eating healthy as well as intake a lot more water (close to 80 ounces a day) which is way more than I have ever drank. Im going to be scheduling a drs appointment to see if this is healthy for me or not. I know everyone has a different body type and this might not be the right product for me. Im just more nervous taking this than anything. I havent done any of the calasyst or anything else like that but I have been working out more hardcore than I have in a long time.... I started a boot camp which is for an hr 3 times a week and im more sore than anything but thats probably from a lack of stetching. I hope my dr says its ok for me to continue.... im mainly nervous about my stools since like I said I havent had a solid one since I have started. Any other suggestions or feedback on my situation would be great!
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options
    So I have been taking the 24 day challenge and so far I have not been impressed.... during the cleanse phase I felt queezy and I think its from not eating enough but I did use the restroom a lot since I usually go every other day or so, so this has helped me start to go everyday... however I havent had a solid stool since. Is that normal? The max phase I have been on for 4 days now and it has made me feel jittery, shaky, sometimes numb in the throat and back of my tongue... I usually dont drink coffee or anything with caffine and I read that the pills equal to one cup of coffee.... I just dont know if this is for me. I checked the scale the other day and have only lost a lb. I have seen my stomach shrink since I have started since I was backed up as well as bloated from eating wrong. I have started eating healthy as well as intake a lot more water (close to 80 ounces a day) which is way more than I have ever drank. Im going to be scheduling a drs appointment to see if this is healthy for me or not. I know everyone has a different body type and this might not be the right product for me. Im just more nervous taking this than anything. I havent done any of the calasyst or anything else like that but I have been working out more hardcore than I have in a long time.... I started a boot camp which is for an hr 3 times a week and im more sore than anything but thats probably from a lack of stetching. I hope my dr says its ok for me to continue.... im mainly nervous about my stools since like I said I havent had a solid one since I have started. Any other suggestions or feedback on my situation would be great!

TMI - my stools were softer than normal but the cleanse phase didn't make me go any more or less frequently.

If you feel at all nervous about taking any of the products, then don't continue. As you said, every body is different and maybe yours just doesn't like Advocare products. There's nothing wrong with that. Feeling nervous or apprehensive is going to make you want to quit instead of sticking with a healthy lifestyle change.

In the end, you need to do what is best for you. Let us know what your doctor says!
  • PBCorreaRN
    PBCorreaRN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of the 24 day challenge. I am feeling good! I even managed to get the fiber drink down easily this morning!! I am feeling a little bloated, but I think that is from the fact that I eat more on this than I did previous to it. I was hungry around 1130 on day one, but I did the meal replacement. This morning I did protein, fruit and a complex carb and that is a definite good change. Love the spark! I haven't lost anything yet, but its only day 2 and I think my body is in complete shock! :)
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options
    I am on day 2 of the 24 day challenge. I am feeling good! I even managed to get the fiber drink down easily this morning!! I am feeling a little bloated, but I think that is from the fact that I eat more on this than I did previous to it. I was hungry around 1130 on day one, but I did the meal replacement. This morning I did protein, fruit and a complex carb and that is a definite good change. Love the spark! I haven't lost anything yet, but its only day 2 and I think my body is in complete shock! :)

That's great! Are you eating more veggies and drinking more water, too? That could contribute to the bloated feeling.
  • frankeml
    frankeml Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are on the final day of the cleanse phase. Unfortunately, I can't say either of us have seen any results as far as the scale goes. I can't totally speak for her, but I am not good at getting snacks in throughout the day. If I do, it tends to be in the afternoon. My wife takes fruits with her to work , and she is typically very good at following plans. As for what we eat, we've tried being very mindful as to what we eat. Unfortunately, we've had two days of pizza, which isn't a good option, but they were our only option and we tried to minimize our intake. We are not very active. We try to get a 2-mile walk in a couple of times a week. Needless to say, she is extremely disappointed. She even pointed out this morning to me what appear to be a stretch mark in her waist. She's been constipated quite often, which really doesn't jive with being on a cleanse. As for me, I take the Calcium Plus in the morning with my Spark, and I haven't spent as much time in the bathroom as I have while on this cleanse. Unfortunately, when I stepped on the scale this morning, I still was 232 and hadn't dropped a pound. I'm not sure what I'll I've been releasing from my body, but it hasn't been in poundage.

I guess my question is, is Advocare really just meant for people who are active? Do you need to be working out 4-7 days a week to see real results? If so, then we've made a bad investment. I'd love to be that active, but since our move, our schedules have not been conducive to being consistent with getting a morning exercise in.

Thanks for any & all responses.
  • agrigar
    agrigar Posts: 4
    Options
    Hubby is down 9 pounds and I'm down 6. We finished the cleanse phase yesterday. I feel great and have tons of energy and I'm not having insomnia any longer. The trick for us on the snacking is grabbing some almonds for a snack. I put fruit and also almonds in a baggie. Midday, I grab it and snack on it. Towards the end of the cleanse, we both felt bloated. I researched and found that it is common. I have drank a ton of water and I'm back to not feeling bloated today. I know numerous people who have lost with this and kept it off. That is the reason I signed up. Well for that and the discount.
  • agrigar
    agrigar Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh on the fiber drink. I had no issues with it. 4 ounces of orange juice & 4 ounces of water, mix the pack of fiber and guzzle it LOL. Taste like a very pulpy orange juice if you do that. Make sure to follow it with a lot of water. I'm trying to drink at least a gallon a day.
  • wardbri09
    wardbri09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Started the 24 Day Challenge today! Fiber drink is awful, but I'm determined to stick with the program :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!