HELP: I dont want muscles, Just want to get rid of flab!

Options

Replies

• Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    muscle eats fat, without the muscle your skin will always hang. i have built muscles but my arms are smaller than what they were, the only way to tone is to turn the saggy skin into muscle which will then tighten your skin. don't be scared of a bit of muscle it feels good and makes you stronger. take a look at my pictures on my profile and see i have muscle but it isn't bad. :)
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thank you, your advice is appreciated. But forget large muscles, I don't even want the smallest of toned muscles showing up on my arms. I want it to look just as it does without the flab, no tone no nothing.

Do tons and tons of cardio while eating next to nothing. That will make sure you have no muscle.

So funny. Muscles are good and very sexy on a woman. Even the early female bodybuilders ( Cory Everson and Rachel Mclish) looked great and they had to lift very heavy weights to get there and be very disciplined in their eating so body fat percentages would be low. The female bodybuilders now look like they use steroids. It definitely is not natural. The style of lifting a normal woman does is not going to make you huge. You should look up Joyce Vedral. She uses weight lifting to shape her body and she is older and looks great. You can get sexy little muscles that add shape over your body if you train right. I hope to do it someday.
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to tell you this but you will have the arms genetics gave you. I am muscular but I know girls that lift a lot more weight withless muscles. it just how I am made.

which means how ever hard I life I wont get muscles on my arms? because I am smaller on my top then I am on the bottom
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If I'm reading your original post correctly it sounds like you really just want to get rid of the excess skin that hangs on your arms from where the fat was. You are young, so that should tighten up with time. Unless you want to lift and "risk" developing muscles, then the only options are really time or surgery to remove the excess skin.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Flab = body fat

Reduce your body fat by eating at a deficit.

If you want to "firm up" you'll need to lift weights. If you are eating at a deficit there is no way you can have bulky or muscles popping through. You will be firm but lean.

I lift heavy weights and I am 110 pounds and my muscles don't pop unless I flex (and even then it isn't much). I just don't eat over maintenance, so I will never build big muscles unless I do that.

P.S. It really doesn't matter if you lift heavy or lift light, it will produce the same result if you eat at a deficit. You'll just have to do A LOT MORE which to me, doesn't make sense.

You can't have it both ways, if you want to look firm you actually have to reduce the body fat, which will in fact, expose the muscle underneath.
  • kinsa2
    Options
    So funny. Muscles are good and very sexy on a woman. Even the early female bodybuilders ( Cory Everson and Rachel Mclish) looked great and they had to lift very heavy weights to get there and be very disciplined in their eating so body fat percentages would be low. The female bodybuilders now look like they use steroids. It definitely is not natural. The style of lifting a normal woman does is not going to make you huge. You should look up Joyce Vedral. She uses weight lifting to shape her body and she is older and looks great. You can get sexy little muscles that add shape over your body if you train right. I hope to do it someday.
    [/quote]

I understand, but that's a matter of opinion, I prefer not to have muscles showing up on my body :) I am entitled to wanting my body to be how I want it to be right?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to tell you this but you will have the arms genetics gave you. I am muscular but I know girls that lift a lot more weight withless muscles. it just how I am made.

which means how ever hard I life I wont get muscles on my arms? because I am smaller on my top then I am on the bottom

NO....You HAVE muscles in your arms - otherwise you won't be able to lift your lipstick.. " - you want to lose the "flab" - actually fat- but you don't want muscles to show????
    The only way to get that is to stop eating altogether, or get really sick, of go ask one of the anorexic models how they do it - this is My FITNESS pal....most people here want to be fit - which means they want strong muscles - not bulging muscles......
    And muscles are feminine - we don't all want to be waifs too weak to lift a grocery bag of briefcase.....That's not feminine, just a little sad......
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    ok listen. You can lift weights all day and never see muscle definition if you keep fat over your muscle.

lift heavy. you don't have to be weak to not see muscle definition.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thank you, your advice is appreciated. But forget large muscles, I don't even want the smallest of toned muscles showing up on my arms. I want it to look just as it does without the flab, no tone no nothing.

I am not sure that is possible outside of genetics. In my family we get muscles in our arms even when we do housework and aerobics like Tae bo. My mom started getting muscular arms when she did Tae bo. To be healthy you have to exercise some or you are at just as much risk of getting sick as someone who is an unhealthy weight but exercises or is large and doesn't exercise. As you age you lose muscle every year as well so at some point you are going to have to start lifting weights and you don't want to wait until it is too late. I would like to get healthy by the time I am 30 or 31 and then work at my body a lot lifting and such so that I will gain more muscle so I will have more muscles when I am old. People who lift weights and do aerobics when they are older usually are very healthy physically. Just aerobics would not be enough.
  • csnyder0007
    csnyder0007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the best approach at this point is to follow the advice presented regarding smart eating habits and weightlifting and then make changes as you go along.

1ConcreteGirl makes a good point. I personally have slabs of muscle but show little definition because of my BF %. Even at my "ideal" weight I don't look all that cut. You may discover that with resistance training you tighten up nicely, feel great and still look what you consider feminine.

In short, try it, and if it doesn't yield the results you like you can change our training habits.

Don't let the photos of these extremely fit and cut women on here intimidate you. I can't speak for them but I can make an educated guess that they spend a lot of time and effort to look like that. It's a direction you have to want to go.

Good luck
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I think the funniest comment I heard on MFP was when a dude said "yeah...that chick lost a lot of weight doing just cardio..that was great but she looked like a melted candle." -- LMAO
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you but you body is already covered in muscles. They are literally every where.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Buy 2.5-5lb pink dumbbells and do 100 reps of every exercise. This may help your muscles become long and lean and your skin to tighten up. It may also cause you to start doing more cardio. Have you checked Doctor Oz's website?
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Getting muscles is hard. You won't do it by mistake. Don't worry about it.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    lol, of course they are. Maybe i'm using the wrong word. But let me try and explain it. You know how your arms look before you've done anything to them, with a mild shape to them but with some flab in my case. I just want that bit of flab to go away but my arm to stay in that shape and not get the slightest change to it because I don't find it appealing. Is that possible?

Are you saying you want to look like skin covering bone? 'Cause that's what no tone looks like. Just stop eating. don't move too much either, you might use your muscles. You want to completely stop moving so that they can atrophy.
  • kinsa2
    Options
    I want my body to look like this:

ileana3_zps6468bef8.jpg

and this

CelebFlicker-Tamanna-Badrinath-1_zpsba54f431.jpg

not this:

imagesCAI4TV6J_zps48147f4d.jpg

(if it works)
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHHHHHH....
  • kinsa2
    Options
    lol, of course they are. Maybe i'm using the wrong word. But let me try and explain it. You know how your arms look before you've done anything to them, with a mild shape to them but with some flab in my case. I just want that bit of flab to go away but my arm to stay in that shape and not get the slightest change to it because I don't find it appealing. Is that possible?

Are you saying you want to look like skin covering bone? 'Cause that's what no tone looks like. Just stop eating. don't move too much either, you might use your muscles. You want to completely stop moving so that they can atrophy.

:P no I want my body to look like those girls in the pics, just thinner but no visible tone unlike the last pic
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    Hate to tell you but you body is already covered in muscles. They are literally every where.

Ba ha ha ha!!!! :-)
  • kinsa2
    Options
    UGHHHHHHHHH....

?????