HELP: I dont want muscles, Just want to get rid of flab!

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't want to go down that path :) But thanks for the idea anyway :P
    I am prepared to lift weights, but I just would like some suggestions at how how much of them to do and roughly how heavy the weights should be so I could get the desired result.

You aren't making sense. Either you want to firm up and retain muscle while losing fat (lifting heavy weights). Or you want to lose as much weight as possible with little regard to muscle retention. I seriously can not tell from your posts what you even want.

I already apologized for using the term muscle. I just don't want the toning to be obvious on my body so I just want to know roughly how may reps I needed to do for how long and what weight so I could achieve this

3-12 reps.....as much weight as you can to stay in that rep range.....Lift as many reps as you can.....eat in a deficit.

thank you so much: finally

NP. In to add exercises you should utilize in this weight/rep range - (Bench Press, Seated Row, Overhead Press, pullups, Dips, squats, deadlifts)
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You cannot have arms just like these women, because even these women do not actually have arms like this. (At least, not from other angles.)

Here is another photo of Ileana D'Cruz in which you can see that she does, in fact, posses arm muscles. (Fortunately)

tamil-actress-ileana-d-cruz-2012-hd-wallpapers-new-photo-shoot08.jpg

Please try to be the healthiest you can be in your own body. I gave up trying to find the exercise that would make me 6 feet tall and capable of possessing a gap between my thighs a long time ago.

wow, u know Ileana d'cruz?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to lose about 25kg in total starting from 86kg to about 55kg. I have lost about 11kg up till not through just controlling my diet and incorporating minor exercises to my daily lifestyle like walking to and from college etc.

I am extremely pleased with my progress, but I would like to firm up my skin around my arms, like when I hold it out the skin under it kind of hangs loosely. Its not too bad, but I would like it to be more firm.

I just want to know roughly how much weight I would have to lift and how often including repetitions so that I don't get muscles and I just firm it up.
    I hate muscles on a feminine body and I'm scared I might get it if I lift so please help me out on this!

your post makes me sad.
    good luck on getting in shape without "getting muscles on your feminine body"

eta: and yes, I know you probably look at my picture and say EWWWWW, and I'm perfectly fine with that. That is me flexed. I look "feminine" both flexed and unflexed.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    If you lose all of your weight via diet alone without resistance training, you will lose muscle as well. So at the end you will be lighter, but also weaker and still flabby looking.

Buy New Rules of Lifting for Women and Starting Strength.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to lose about 25kg in total starting from 86kg to about 55kg. I have lost about 11kg up till not through just controlling my diet and incorporating minor exercises to my daily lifestyle like walking to and from college etc.

I am extremely pleased with my progress, but I would like to firm up my skin around my arms, like when I hold it out the skin under it kind of hangs loosely. Its not too bad, but I would like it to be more firm.

I just want to know roughly how much weight I would have to lift and how often including repetitions so that I don't get muscles and I just firm it up.
    I hate muscles on a feminine body and I'm scared I might get it if I lift so please help me out on this!

your post makes me sad.

eta: and yes, I know you probably look at my picture and say EWWWWW, and I'm perfectly fine with that. That is me flexed. I look "feminine" both flexed and unflexed.

i'd hit it
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

tumblr_lsrjkb151B1r3v6f2o1_500.gif
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I already apologized for using the term muscle. I just don't want the toning to be obvious on my body so I just want to know roughly how may reps I needed to do for how long and what weight so I could achieve this

The reason you aren't getting much in the way of a straight answer is because there is virtually no way to answer such a vague question with arbitrary numbers. Ideally you want to eat at a deficit and lift weights for all of your muscle groups that are going to present to you a difficulty in the "strength" range of training. Something that is hard for you to lift, say, 8 times with good form. The weight will be different for every exercise. You will be able to deadlift far more than you can bench press, for instance. Once you have identified the weight that is appropriate for each movement, try to do 3 sets of 5 repetitions per exercise.

Honestly, I'd say that starting off with squats, a press (whether bench press or standing press), and deadlifts is an excellent starting point.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

your post makes me sad.

i'd hit it

Me, too...and twice on Sunday!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Can't tighten skin with exercise (unless you're on a calorie surplus). Just do body weight exercise basics to firm up. Push ups, squats, planks, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    /sigh
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Just do cardio, don't do any strength training.

It's not up to us to tell her that she needs to have muscles, and that they are beautiful etc. She can do as she pleases with her body.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Thank you, your advice is appreciated. But forget large muscles, I don't even want the smallest of toned muscles showing up on my arms. I want it to look just as it does without the flab, no tone no nothing.

Lipo might do it.

And skin removal after the Lipo.

To firm your skin, you need to firm what is underneath and know that your skin will not bounce back to a perfect shape right away, it took time to get there and time spent being like it was and now it will take time for it to go to a nice shape too.

Also don't for a second think you can get overly muscular by working out with weights regularly, that will not happen. You'd have to be taking steroids or have to bulk and cut for a long period of time to get there and obviously that is not what you are doing. So just keep lifting until you get where you want to be and then figure out your body and weight maintenance to stay there.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

It's not up to us to tell her that she needs to have muscles, and that they are beautiful etc. She can do as she pleases with her body.

Well, technically everyone needs to have muscles. And technically, they are beautiful.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I found this video on Pinterest, and just watching it made my arms hurt, but it's designed to help tone your arms without bulking them up. Hope this helps! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=4dQOBbLnk7o

watching that video made my eyes bleed. around the 3 minute mark when she tried to fly back to jupiter or wherever in the universe she's from my brain exploded.

20120914120348Exploding-head_zps46de83a8.gif
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options

Well, technically everyone needs to have muscles. And technically, they are beautiful.

10/10
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I know the exact kind of body type you mean. You want to appear soft and feminine, like Marilyn Monroe. I don't know why people have to be so snarky about it, you have the right to look any way you want as long as you go about it in a healthy way.

I think you should focus on cardio. Since you've already been walking, maybe you try upping the intensity with something else that's still fun, like dancing. You don't have to join a class or anything. I lost weight in the past by just dancing in my room in front of a mirror, lol. I did it for about an hour a day (I need to start doing it again! :O). You can also invest in rhythm/dance games to make it more engaging as well. If you're swinging your arms a lot while dancing, you'll likely notice them getting more firm without the muscled look.

Also, Marilyn Monroe has said she liked to use five pound weights to exercise her arms, and she'd do repetitions util she got tired. She also noted she didn't like to count rhythmically because she couldn't stand exercise if she had to feel regimented about it. So I think you'll get the look you want with cardio and just a bit of arm training. I hope I've been of some help, lol.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Thank you, your advice is appreciated. But forget large muscles, I don't even want the smallest of toned muscles showing up on my arms. I want it to look just as it does without the flab, no tone no nothing.

:sad:

You described skinny fatness to a T. Just overdo your cardio and undereat. That'll get you to lose body fat and atrophy those muscles...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    /sigh

You're profile picture describes my reaction to the OP's "problem."
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I know the exact kind of body type you mean. You want to appear soft and feminine, like Marilyn Monroe. I don't know why people have to be so snarky about it, you have the right to look any way you want as long as you go about it in a healthy way.

I think you should focus on cardio. Since you've already been walking, maybe you try upping the intensity with something else that's still fun, like dancing. You don't have to join a class or anything. I lost weight in the past by just dancing in my room in front of a mirror, lol. I did it for about an hour a day (I need to start doing it again! :O). You can also invest in rhythm/dance games to make it more engaging as well. If you're swinging your arms a lot while dancing, you'll likely notice them getting more firm without the muscled look.

Also, Marilyn Monroe has said she liked to use five pound weights to exercise her arms, and she'd do repetitions util she got tired. She also noted she didn't like to count rhythmically because she couldn't stand exercise if she had to feel regimented about it. So I think you'll get the look you want with cardio and just a bit of arm training. I hope I've been of some help, lol.

This person said it well. Again, we don't have the right to project our own ideals on her.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I found this video on Pinterest, and just watching it made my arms hurt, but it's designed to help tone your arms without bulking them up. Hope this helps! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=4dQOBbLnk7o

watching that video made my eyes bleed. around the 3 minute mark when she tried to fly back to jupiter or wherever in the universe she's from my brain exploded.

20120914120348Exploding-head_zps46de83a8.gif
    This was totally from the movie scanners!