Why am I not losing on 1200cal per day?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    part of it is you're not eating breakfast... how do you expect your body to work thru the day if you don't FUEL IT
    after the length of time between your last meal and the start of your day?!?

I am astounded that this "breakfast is absolutely essential" myth will not die.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Other than water retention, Im not sure what the sodium limit will do.

What? You've never heard of high blood pressure or heart attacks? I'm am so totally confused by this entire thread.

Very selective

the number one cause of death is "very selective"?
    Actually the number one cause of death in the US is heart disease followed by cancer. High blood pressure is a symptom and people survive heart attacks, but heart disease is so much more than just heart attack risk.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

... the most semanticsy post i've ever read. she said heart attack. i implied heart disease. and you're going to argue that? come on.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

What? You've never heard of high blood pressure or heart attacks? I'm am so totally confused by this entire thread.

Very selective

Actually the number one cause of death in the US is heart disease followed by cancer. High blood pressure is a symptom and people survive heart attacks, but heart disease is so much more than just heart attack risk.

IDEA Fitness member

... the most semanticsy post i've ever read. she said heart attack. i implied heart disease. and you're going to argue that? come on.

Time out. Are you saying that sodium consumption causes heart disease?
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

Very selective

IDEA Fitness member

sodium can play a role but it is not directly associated with it.
    its more of the factor of constant high fluid retention and the resistance it can cause strain against the heart. Most of the people that read the study took it to the extreme.
    Sodium causes water retention, water retention causes systemic resistance, resistance can cause hypertrophy in the heart and cause heart failure.

Even then it is in the most of extreme cases and would have to be like that prolonged.
    Obesity is even worse than increased sodium intake.
    but normal functioning kidneys and adequate hydration will counter it.
    people forget to leave out the hydration part though.
    You know. People that have dumb reasoning

You and I both know that as long as you drink plenty of water(Which people should in the first place) This shouldnt be a concern.

Either way the big 2 heart diseases is composed of
    -Coronary artery disease
    -Acute coronary syndrome
    -Congestive Heart failure(This one has genetic predisposition, but can be prevented in others)
    I seen patients who exercise and have a healthy lifestyle overall. Eventually they get congestive heart failure. It is so ****ing ****ty I was shocked my first semester when I came across it. It broke my heart to see that.

there are other stuff such as
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Very selective

IDEA Fitness member

i'm saying that over-consumption can be a contributing factor. not a "cause"
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    part of it is you're not eating breakfast... how do you expect your body to work thru the day if you don't FUEL IT
    after the length of time between your last meal and the start of your day?!?

I am astounded that this "breakfast is absolutely essential" myth will not die.

^this
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just thought I would let you all know that after starting this thread, I took pains to try and eat up to my 1200 cals per day and also any extra cals through exercise and at the end of that week I lost 3lbs.

I have now increased my cals by 100 and will continue to do so each week until, I find the maximum I can eat and still lose.

Thank you to all those who posted comments sharing their knowledge and experience in order to help me.