*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in May *

Options

Replies

• Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    First race is next Thursday. A flat 5k.. Going to trying opening up with a 22 flat. I'm really hoping to break 20 this year!!! I just ordered a new pair of shoes.. supposed to fix my form and keep me from heel striking (pretty sure I dont do that currently).. Newton Distance.. love the color.. They get here Friday. Just enough time to train for a week before my first race. Excited. It's all going great!

Good luck on your race. Those shoes are very light weight. If you are new to that running style, try to ease into it. When I first started, I used to think it was bad to allow my heel to fall. But, my physical therapist instructed me to allow the heel to touch, just not out in front of me, if that makes any sense. I ran a 21 last year. I feel like I could break 20 this year.
  • astrotam
    astrotam Posts: 153 Member
    Options

exercise.png

4.09 miles today
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    5/17- 5.5 miles. 5 in regular shoes, .5 in my new Vibrams.

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Check :flowerforyou: traveling starting tomorrow for 6 days - going to Europe, to an agricultural area => sparse Internet :cry: ... I will still try to check... will have better Internet on Thursday - still in Europe, but a capital city (and better Internet) and a RACE :glasses: .. :heart:

Just to let you know :happy:

M.
  • j_courter
    Options
    5/18- 15.2 miles

exercise.png

safe travels and best wishes on your race, cooriander. how long is this one?
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hmmm.. 1 last night in my new trainers.. 9 miles today. Did the color run 5k today. 23 flat. Mediocre time BUT I recovered in less than 3 minutes after the race, which is exciting... so I have more in the tank, not to mention my first mile was a wicked 6:30. I gotta pace myself better. Also finished sixth overall and won my age group. It got me a certificate, a $15 subway gift card and a neat hat! What an awesome day!

On the plus side because my shoes were new and I didn't get enough enough break in time mixed with the fact that I didn't want to get that color crap on them, I ran in my Brooks Launch which are a little heavier. Carlton, the shoes are very light and love the feeling.. the lugs are interesting but I'll be used to them soon enough. Really looking forward to getting some good racing in this summer!
  • j_courter
    Options
    hmmm.. 1 last night in my new trainers.. 9 miles today. Did the color run 5k today. 23 flat. Mediocre time BUT I recovered in less than 3 minutes after the race, which is exciting... so I have more in the tank, not to mention my first mile was a wicked 6:30. I gotta pace myself better. Also finished sixth overall and won my age group. It got me a certificate, a $15 subway gift card and a neat hat! What an awesome day!

On the plus side because my shoes were new and I didn't get enough enough break in time mixed with the fact that I didn't want to get that color crap on them, I ran in my Brooks Launch which are a little heavier. Carlton, the shoes are very light and love the feeling.. the lugs are interesting but I'll be used to them soon enough. Really looking forward to getting some good racing in this summer!

Congrats on your AG win! That's awesome! Glad you love your new shoes.
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Week 1: 6 miles
    Week 2: 15 miles
    Week 3: 11 miles

Total for May 2013: 32 miles

exercise.png
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Went into my half today with no expectations other than a finish. My last long runs were disastrous and still recovering from being sick. The race was amazing, the largest race I've ever done. The course was gorgeous but had some not so nice uphill around mile 8 and 9, there were people everywhere cheering. I ended up finishing in 2:01:25 - that's about 7 minutes faster than my PR, so I am super excited. I expected to be about there for my last Hm but it didn't go so well.

WTD - 19
    MTD - 37.5
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WTD 32 miles
    MTD 80 miles
  • actlc
    actlc Posts: 84
    Options
    WTD 30 miles
    MTD 95 miles
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mon 9.5, Tue 9.4, Wed 7.7, Thu 6.8, Fri 7.6, Sat 7.2 and Sun 7.1 miles.

exercise.png
  • j_courter
    Options
    Went into my half today with no expectations other than a finish. My last long runs were disastrous and still recovering from being sick. The race was amazing, the largest race I've ever done. The course was gorgeous but had some not so nice uphill around mile 8 and 9, there were people everywhere cheering. I ended up finishing in 2:01:25 - that's about 7 minutes faster than my PR, so I am super excited. I expected to be about there for my last Hm but it didn't go so well.

Wow! Awesome work! A 7 minute PR improvement is incredible!!!! Congrats!
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 6 today and 7.5 yesterday

exercise.png
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Wow! Awesome work! A 7 minute PR improvement is incredible!!!! Congrats!

Thanks!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    WTD 10.54
    MTD 31.44
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    May
    First short week
    2nd - 8.11 miles
    4th = 6.03 miles
    14.4 miles

Week of May 5th
    43.5 miles

Week of May 12th
    42.9 miles

Week of May 19th
    14.3 miles today

MTD
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    MAY WEEK 1: 29.72

MAY WEEK 2: 36.85

MAY WEEK 3:
    5/13 - 5.13 (haha didn't realize I ran to the date)
    5/14 - 3.22
    5/15 - 6.5
    5/16 - 4.02
    5/17 - rest
    5/18 - 6.13
    5/19 - 12.51
    WTD - 37.51

May MTD - 104.08

Goal - 150, Miles left to goal - 45.92
  • astrotam
    astrotam Posts: 153 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Only 2.86 miles today. Recovering from yesterday's stomach bug and got nauseated. I think I overdid it :(
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

WTD - 19
    MTD - 37.5

Awesome! Congrats! A 7-minute PR is amazing!