WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2013

Options

Replies

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Kathy :smile: Chair antics….sounds like a fun exercise!

Connie :smile: I love fresh home grown tomatoes, I tried once planting tomatoes on my back deck and the deer came up on my deck one night and ate my plants:grumble: , left the tomatoes…that was my one and only time trying to grow veggies.

Jane M :smile: What a beautiful pic of you and the grandgirls:love: !

Lucy :smile: Congrats on hubby getting a job!!!

Bj :smile: Hope your flowers and plants get less confused as spring time arrives for you:flowerforyou: !

Katla :smile: I`m not making planters:noway: , I`m just planting flowers, I have too many huge containers on my back deck and it takes lots of flowers to fill them up, but once done they do look amazing:love: and I love sitting out there in the early evening enjoying all the beauty. Happy birthday to DH!!! What a great Dr. It`s nice to find one who is open and shares info with you, and dinner!

Sue in SD :smile: Sodium seems to be in everything:grumble: , too much makes my hands and eyelids puffy, and the scale can go up 2 pounds or more…:angry: . Have a nice time on your trip!

Brooke :smile: I actually got to see Princess Diana once when we were in London, it was the highlight of my trip. She was just as beautiful in person as her pictures!

Susan :smile: Start slow and build yourself back up to exercise, don`t try to do more than you can right now!

Joyce :smile: Some days are better than others, listen to your body. You still got a nice workout in!

Jodios :smile: Woo hoo 1 pound away from goal…congrats!!!! Glad you got some planting done, I`m going to do some more today, think I`ll take a Zyrtec before I start though!

Grandmallie :smile: That ice cream sounds delish!

Sue in TX :smile: I thought about you this morning, I heard about the tornados in Texas, hoping you are okay! Hope your headaches ease off, I`m sure they are miserable! Taking Zyrtec for my allergies makes me retain fluid, I try to avoid the scale at all costs when I`m taking it!

Beachlover :smile: Glad you found us again, when we get to 500 posts the thread locks, if you look at the bottom of the last post, it will say “topic continued here” click and it will take
    you to the new thread. Barbie also will start a new thread for June, on the last day of the month look for her post and she`ll give a link to click on! Cooking for 8:noway: , I would be totally crazy!

Meg :smile: Woo hoo, I bet your nails look fabulous!!! I just bought a new polish, it`s sapphire blue, haven`t had time to polish my nails just yet though, I think I`ll wait till I`m finished digging in the dirt! 13 hair dryers…that`s so cute!

Carol :smile: Love that quote!!!

Deb A :smile: I love my FitBit, however I don`t sync it with MFP, I always have more calories to consume on my FitBit account than MFP gives me. I`m just trying to stay around 1600 calories regardless of exercise!

Lin :smile: I agree having the FitBit makes me want to challenge myself. I always check it before bed and if I have 9 flights of stairs, I run up them before bed just to give myself 10! This little thing has made a huge difference in how active I`ve become!

Barbie :smile: The jalapeno corn soup sounds awesome:love: !!! I thought I would get a lot done in the house yesterday, but that just didn`t happen, I needed a few more hours in my day too!

Michele :smile: Oh my gosh, it makes me tired just reading how much you do in a day, and here I thought I did a lot yesterday and I think you ran circles around me:laugh: !

Cityjane :smile: That recipe sounds awesome!!! I`m not much of a cook, I`m not sure I could pull that one off:noway: !

Today it`s back to the flower store, this time I`m going with a list!!! Then I`m meeting a friend for coffee, that should be fun! Then off to the Fresh Market, I think I`m going to have salmon for dinner tonight with my orange curry sauce…yum! It`s supposed to be 87 degrees today, not sure I want to be out planting in that heat so the flowers may wait till tomorrow morning before it get too warm. Time for me to get up, my behind has gone numb sitting here!

Have a great day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in sunny NC:glasses:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy thurs.Hubby and I have a date today.Out for breakfast and a movie.
    Gotta find time together with this crazy night shift.
    HUGS
    jane
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bumping page 4 before work - have a great day!

(Wearing another dress today with sling back shoes.)

Gail, metro ATL
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Warning: This whole post is whining. You might want to skip it.

I missed a day of posting yesterday, but I did read.

To attest to how tired I am this week, as I laid down to sleep last night I remembered that there was a United Methodist Women's meeting Tuesday night. I totally missed it! This is not good. I am the treasurer. I am supposed to be there to give a report of our finances and get the collection to take it to the bank. I totally owe the hostess my apologies. This is not like me at all.

And not only that, but my summer is slowly but surely filling up. Tomorrow is the last day for students. My last day is June 4! Then I have 6 days of workshops this summer plus the Methodist Annual Conference (4 days) and a United Methodist Women's Conference (2 days) that I need to attend. My sister wants us to take a trip with our cousin and our mothers (sisters). This needs to be a priority since Mama is 80 and her sister is 83 and was recently diagnosed with bone marrow cancer. She was sick for a while through chemo but is feeling great right now. We need to seize the moment to make a memory. I'd also like to take a road trip with my husband. We used to go every summer to Minnesota to visit his mother, but haven't been anywhere since she passed in 2010.

And while I'm whining. Yes, I took two hours this morning to sleep in a little and catch up on MFP before going in to work. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I left the house before 6:30 a.m. and will have to work at least 6 hours today when I finally get there at a job that is supposed to be half time! May 20 - June 4 will be 8 hours every single day. I have a UMW meeting Saturday morning and graduation Saturday afternoon. This I have committed to a speaking engagement Sunday morning 60 miles away and a pre-conference briefing Sunday afternoon.

My husband is correct when he says I need to fire my social secretary. She overbooks me way too much!

It is a beautiful day, we are healthy, and life is good. I am thankful for every blessing and am almost over my whine-fest. Thanks for listening (if you didn't listen when I told you to skip the post).
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!:flowerforyou:

I can't believe it's Thursday already! This week is flying by! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like I'm getting much accomplished outside of going to the gym and getting in a little extra exercise at home too.

Katla- It sounds like you have a great, caring doctor for your DH! I too am finding nagging to be a hard habit to break! My mother always nagged my poor dad and I find myself doing that to my DH especially about quitting smoking and eating better. I know this isn't the right approach, just sometimes get so frustrated with him. I love him to pieces and I just want him around for a long time yet and it doesn't help that he's having to work 12+ hrs. a day. I am slowly learning to think more before I open mouth. :smile:

Jodios - Chair Antics is a 45 min.class done mostly sitting in a chair. It consists of various exercises using arm weights, resistance bands and a small ball. It was similar to some of the youtube chair exercise clips that I've done in the past, so it was pretty easy for me to follow and fun.

Meg- Water Zumba is a blast! It's a little easier on the joints since it's done in the water but definitely a workout! Picture a bunch of women jumping around in the pool doing Gangnam style! :laugh:

Joyce - I feel the same way as you about the Fitbit! I doubt I would figure out how to use it right. Awhile back, I got a Smartphone which only lasted a week before I returned it.:noway: I am very technology challenged!

DeeDee- Beside being fun, Chair Antics gives my feet a little break although we do still move our feet marching and doing toe and heel touches.

My DD is home now and we need to get going and walk the furbabies. Hugs and best wishes to all!

Kathy:drinker:
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    NSV for the day - - I have two large garbage bags full of “too big” clothes ready to donate/consign (and I’m not even done yet)! Just a few more pounds down and I’ll be halfway to goal and will be able to fit in my next smaller size

Ladies who are using dumbbells: an article suggested you can strengthen your core while doing your arms simply by raising one leg (to 90 degrees) up on a chair, step or other. I’ve been doing this while working out with my dumbbells for the past week or so and I can definitely feel it. I’ve found when doing one-armed exercises that it helps to raise the opposite leg for maximum stability. Try it, I think you’ll like the difference it makes.

Joyce – Your time at the Y is a gift you give yourself. Your commitment is impressive, glad you’re getting good sleeps! :flowerforyou:

Meg – Your manicure sounds to die for!!!!! So very sassy. Does the shellac manicure require the drying under heat/light like the gels do? Oh, and I say ALL steps count (those maybe more than others ) :drinker: :wink: Oh, just read about your Stainmaster carpet - - it has a warranty, make them replace or refund! Be persistent with who you bought it from, they should advocate for you.

CityJane – Thank you for sharing your curry process. I love it too, and will be using yours as a guide very soon! Yummy and healthy :happy:

DeeDee – Thanks for the inspiration re: closets, I’ve gotten a lot done but not quite finished yet. I’m having salmon tonight too, but am making salmon tacos with black bean/corn/mango/avocado salsa (trying to use up produce and leftovers). :tongue:

DrKatie – That’s what friends are for, whine away!!! Your schedule exhausts me just reading it! Your trip with sisters/cousins/moms sounds like a terrific idea. Wish I could’ve done that one more time before my mom passed. Making memories is what it’s all about (that and the hokey pokey of course)! :smile:

Kathyszoo – I love the picture of swimsuit clad ladies rockin’ it Gangnam Style :happy:

Brooke from Colorado

“How strange that the nature of life is change, yet the nature of human beings is to resist change.” – Elizabeth Lesser
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning Threaders!

To all those who are tired, exhausted, and can't remember what happened even yesterday, we all understand and have been there...we have bad weeks and months, and stress gets in the way of finding joy and contentment. So glad you are here to share it! :flowerforyou:

Finding and experiencing joy is so fleeting - yesterday, we replaced our patio outdoor rug, and put up the new fountain, and it was a warm and lovely day...and I felt a stab of joy, knowing that this is a wonderful special spot that I get to live out my life with friends, family, and most of the time, myself. :happy:

I am reposting my daily feed here, just to meet time constraints....

Right now, I am waiting for the jolt of joy to hit me, but i am too shocked to actually feel anything...but I will....and it will be good :laugh:

The small miracles of working with MFP and all the Vitamin F's surprises me all the time. Somewhere along the line, the days on MFP crossed the weight number line, and as the number of days go up, the weight number goes down! The day I started, I had little faith that I could ever be here, not at goal, just at "the old normal" weight! I looked at some of my F's here and wondered, "how did they do that?" I could not conceive of being here...

Yesterday, I went hunting in my 'special' saved clothes box in the basement for an classic silk and linen suit I wore to my two stepdaughter's university graduations, in the early 1990's. One of them is a tenured prof at the same university now! I had been looking online for a nice dress to wear to my son's university grad coming up in three weeks...and yup, it fits! And it is by far more stunning than anything I saw in Bloomingdales, or Nordstrom!

Then, today, I unexpectedly hit a major milestone in pounds...and no, I do not understand how or why the body - which I have come to think of as having a mind of its own - decided to let more weight go. I usually do not weigh myself more than once in 10 days...just to let the body have its little hissy fits and give it time to relent. It is like an unruly 2 year old to me.

Except for my extreme and unsustainable 'diet' in 2000, I have not been this low for 20 years....

In truth, I did not expect to ever be here, and by not wishing, dreaming, or focussing too much on the losses, or being OCD about food, I have miraculously reached beyond what I thought possible! It has been a just one day at a time, step by step, eating a healthy plan....nothing special about vegtables, yogurt, fruit and chicken! And in truth, I still have many activity goals to meet, and I still have a 'small child' to lose...but i have officially crossed over the half way mark.

So, when I wake up from this dream, I still want to be in the same day to day reality! And realize that I can do anything...with persistence and patience and your support.

Thanks for the inspiration and my daily dose of vitamin support, this victory is yours too!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I just found your thread. I would love to join but I am 17 years past 50! This thread sounds like a great bunch.
    Do I "qualify" to join?
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I just found your thread. I would love to join but I am 17 years past 50! This thread sounds like a great bunch.
    Do I "qualify" to join?

:flowerforyou: Welcome Rebamae - there is no upper limit on age! Come back and tell us about yourself and make some friends.

Have a great day!

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good morning again,

Some time back there was discussion about whether to keep or discard clothing once it became too big. I admitted that for years, I’ve had clothing from size 4 up to size 14.:embarassed: My 12’s and 14’s have been sitting in totes in the attic for the four years since we moved in our house. This weekend our development is having a Community Yard sale, and I’ve decided to get rid of those two totes full of jeans/pants. This is a big step for me. It’s not even necessarily because I’m afraid of gaining the weight back. I love those clothes and just have a problem with letting go. Also, I find that most jeans today are low riders, and they are not comfortable to me. It’s one of the reasons why I shop at Thrift stores more often that buying new. I know, I know, I'm still holding on to the 8's and 10's, but it's baby steps, right? Anyway, I wanted to put it out there so I don’t back out. Anything that doesn't sell will be donated.

:heart: Katla – It’s so wonderful when you find a caring doctor. Knowledge is a powerful thing when dealing with any health issue. On another note, we have hardwood floors in our kitchen and entry way, so I know what you mean, but we put laminate floors in our bedroom, dining room and part of our basement, and they are wonderful! They look good and are very low maintenance.

:flowerforyou: Sue in SD – Glad to hear that your shoulder is on the mend.

:happy: Joyce – Your determination and honesty are an inspiration.

:smile: Jodios – Let us know how the cooking classes are going.

:sick: Sue in TX – It’s hard to do anything when you’re suffering from headaches, so take care of yourself and know that we are thinking about you.

:yawn: Beachlover – I don’t envy you. Last summer I had my family stay with us for a few days (14 people in all). I was exhausted when they left!

:huh: Meg – I never heard of a shellac manicure. Is it anything like a gel manicure?

:laugh: Carol – Andy’s quote is funny, but sadly, too true!

:ohwell: Barbie – I do find that when I’m home and not working, I can be more active and don’t think about food so much. It’s when I’m in work that I have the biggest problem.

:laugh: Michele – Your patio and landscaping sound beautiful! When all the work is done, will you be able to sit still long enough to enjoy it?

:drinker: CityjaneLondo – I get the feeling you are a gourmet cook. Home baked breads and curry chicken….Mmmmmm

:flowerforyou: DeeDee – Good luck with the flower shopping. It’s always a good idea to make a list. Otherwise, you can get overwhelmed by all of the choices!

:heart: Janemartin – Awww……so sweet to put aside time for a date night (or day!). Have fun!

:grumble: Drkatiebug – We have all vented & whined from time to time, so feel free to let it out! We’re always willing to lend a sympathetic ear (or eyes…lol)

:wink: Brooke – Congrats on the NSV! You’re WAY better at getting rid of things than I am. Today’s quote was so true. Change seems to be even harder the older I get.

:heart: Bj – Thanks so much for the inspirational message. I, too, have not been at this weight for many years, but I still struggle with weight obsession. I hope, like you, it will go away in time.

Welcome to anyone new. If you’ve posted, then you’ve joined! Come back often for support and lots of Vitamin F.

Hugs,
    Lucy in DE.:bigsmile:
  • colograndma
    colograndma Posts: 67
    Options
    Good Morning beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

Stopped for a minute while DH takes a friend to the doctor (88 year old lady), and I can have some peace a quiet to post. We were up early, and I have already had 2 hours in the yard. Cleaned out a flower bed out front that we are going to put our green beans in this year. In amonst volunteer Iris that came up for the ones the old owners dug up before they moved. Elm seeds are everywhere:angry: but DH said he would blow the remaining ones off the patch before we plant.

Sue in SD: You will have a garden soon, you guys had a long hard winter!

Jodios - Wow!!! So close to your goal, great accomplishment! The tomatoes we planted this year are Early girl, Romas (our favorite) and cherry and grape. I am trying to figure out how to post a picture in the message..... but sometime I am tech challenged here... :laugh: Good for you teaching your kids to cook, my adopted mom ( I was adopted and have also found my birth mom, so this is how I keep things straight when talking about them ) would shoo me out of the kitchen, and I knew very litte when we got married. DH however was a pro. He was the last of 8 kids, and the kids all had kitchen duties. He still is a great cook and since I work still he has dinner waiting for me when I get home at night... I am spoiled:blushing:

Katla- Happy Birthday to DH!! Mine turns 66 this year too!

Dee Dee: Wow you got alot of flowers! You are one busy gal... planting flowers, cleaning closets... . I do not have deer to worry about but Mama kitty sure is eyeing that nice dirt we just brought in for the tomatoes..:laugh:

Grandmallie: Hope your foot is better today. I have been going up and down on the scale too... deceided to weigh once a week and let the chips fall where they may.

Barbie: Sounds like you had a full day yesterday!

Michele - You are so busy! Enjoy that pool. I understand the OCD about it.. I was that way when we had a hot tub.

City Jane: - I know you will bust through that plateau soon!

Dr. Katie: Whine away... we all need to now and then. When I get overwhelmed I give myself a "me" day mini-vacation and do what I want for a day.

Brooke: Awesome NSV!!! Way to go!!! I am saving a shirt that my DD #3 gave me for Mother's day last year, size small. (8-10).. it says "Mama Bear" on it. With a polar bear and cub on it.. I always say if someone hurts my girls they will have "Mama bear" to deal with :tongue:

Well dear ones... I still have stuff to do outside before it warms up too much, then to come inside and clean when it is too hot. We are in Colorado but very close to Utah and warmer conditions, and we already have had 90's here. Swamp Cooler us up and running. I think DH will want to stand up the raised garden #2 today too, and then I am working the next 3 days so gotta get busy while I can. Hoping to dig out my mini trampoline out of the shed today. Any rebounder's in here?

Have a Blessed Day:heart:
    Connie
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated. I know part of the problem of my wiehgt loss is my bowel irregularity. I can go several days between movements. So I had a large BM last night and looked forward to weighing in this morning. I gained 1/2 pound!!!!:grumble: :grumble: I am taking today off from the Y to give my legs some rest. My MS is telling me I'm pushing it to hard. I'll try to get some exersize in on my arms today.

Time to get some lunch, shower and today is nursing home day to see MIL. She is on Medicaid and she hasn't been spending to much and her money has been accumulating. So we have been taking care of doing some shopping for her. My Mom loved the Blair catalogue so I give that to MIL and she loves shopping. So we are takign in an $129 bill in for them today and then I placed an order for $177 and then she wanted a new clock so I've got that ordered from Walmart. It's a fake cuckoo clock. So she ahs a faux fur coat and a cuckoo clock coming. She's a funny lady. A couple of months ago she had us shopping for silky lacy night gowns, silky lacy bras and 'bloomers'. She wears diapers and wanted to try to wear underwear over them. She told me that the staff assured her that they could do it. So I bought her these nice undies with a hint of lace on them and the staff knew nothing about it and she can't wear them. But I had already put her name in them with endelible ink so I can't return them. But she doesn't care since the business office likes what all the purchases do to account.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    cityjane: I loved the curry instructions. I’ve never made curry, and have seldom eaten them because of a general mistrust of spicy food. Yours sounds yummy. Enjoy your guests. I’m sure they will enjoy the stay at your private B&B.:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

DeeDee: I can see how the fitbit motivates movement, and now I understand better why so many love them. Logging my food motivates me to be good. I’m probably going to be logging to the end of my days. This group won't be seeing the last of me any time soon.:laugh: :laugh:

janemartin: I love that you and your DH are dating! :heart:

drkatieburg: The end of a school year always left me exhausted for at least a couple of weeks. :yawn: :yawn: I hope you’re able to enjoy your busy summer and get in some rest and special time with your DH.:flowerforyou:

Kathyszoo: I have nagged every smoker in my life to quit.:grumble: DH and both my kids eventually did quit, although I think DS still has an occasional cigarette. :angry: My parents never really quit, and my mom in particular smoked herself to death. :cry: Emphysema is an awful way to die.:cry::brokenheart: And on another subject, I love my smart phone although I resisted getting one for the longest time. DS finally persuaded me and I’ve lived connectedly ever after—so far.:wink::heart:

Brooke: Congratulations on accumulating two bags of clothes to donate! I gave away one bag and was very happy about it. I have another partially full. Of course I only have two or three things to switch between because I don’t buy more than a couple of things for the new size. I’ve been griping about my tiny closet for years and now it has plenty of room. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: There are still a number of things to clean out, though. I’m hoping to drop two more sizes by the time I’m done.:flowerforyou:

bjmcq: I loved your post this morning, and feel much the same way about this group. :heart: Congratulations on your continuing success and passing the halfway mark on your weight loss journey.:flowerforyou:

Welcome newbies! The more you post, the better we’ll get to know you.:bigsmile:

I am back from yoga and feeling so much better. My shoulders have been bothering me and I’ve wondered why. I had an ah-ha this morning. (Picture me cuffing my forehead with the palm of my hand and shouting I could have had a V-8.) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Here is the ah-ha: I’ve been doing all the driving since DH had his stroke and there has been a LOT of it lately. We probably put close to 200 miles on the car yesterday.:noway: No wonder my shoulders get sore.:tongue:

Have a great day.:flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • m3x43
    m3x43 Posts: 40
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! Hope all is well for all of you today.

drkatie: I feel your pain. I am vp of our HS music boosters and may is a killer month. Concerts, competitions, banquets, meetings, arrrrgh! And I have a senior which about doubles it. We will survive though :wink:

I have just finished mowing the back yard as my son continues to heal and all I have to say about that is "Whew!"

That leads me to a question and I hope you all will chime in: Do you eat back your exercise calories? I wasn't at first but then read somewhere else on this site that we should or may lose muscle mass. So last night, I ate most of my exercise allowance and this morning had a gain! What do you do?

Thanks for your willingness to share!
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Very busy bunch we have , this is a long weekend in canada the first to start off the summer season,most people are off to open their cottages or camps depending where you live, also a big start to camping and fun times. We are having family in too visit so will be a nice weekend.

A lot of you have special clothes you can't part with, my DD had a silk blouse she adored but out grew we turned it into a pillow for her bedroom, she still has it and has added a special sweater too her collection. Just turnin the sleeves put over a pillow form then hand sew the neckline and bottom part and sleeve opening and walla a special memory!!

Hugs and prayers for those in need, Special congrats to all the successes

Hi to all those who are new this is a great place for inspiration and support

Juanita in sudbury
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Aloha Friends,
    I am waaay behind on reading all your posts. This has been a fantastic, fun and active vacation, with very little time or energy to open a laptop. On the second day I lost my little pedometer and as much fun as it would be to back track across the black sand beach, the Volcanos National Park, and the telescopes on the summit of Mauna Kea, I'm just going to have to let it go.

Have got 3 more days to enjoy the sunshine, ocean and wonderful fresh local foods. Simple pleasures, not to be taken for granted.

Wishing all of you some simple peace and harmony wherever you are.

Rori
    Colorado Girl back home in Hawai'i
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome!
    I am Reba from western Kansas. We live on a farm as my DH is a 4th generation farmer on this ground. He also sells Pioneer seed. This is an extremely busy time for us as corn, soybeans & milo is being planted.
    I am a retired school teacher but work 3/4 time in the office doing invoicing, inventory and etc.
    I have had a weight problem since my late 30's. Consequently, I have been on almost every diet there is. I would love to have a refund on all the money I have spent "dieting"!:sad:
    I will, I will, I will do it this time - but must learn to maintain. I have not seen wonderland since 2003.
    DH and I have 3 grown children (actually 6 as we count the in-laws) and 8 of the most intelligent, beautiful Grandchildren you've ever seen:laugh:
    I am excited to join your group and to meet each of you!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    well im back,
    after going to the park, I took a nap... I haven't done that in a long time.. must be the fresh air:laugh:
    sunny and breezy and the breezy is scaring Homer ,why is beyond me,he is used to it before..
    burger on the grill for the DH tonight,dont know what I will have..
    wWelcome Reba....
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    mx3 yes, I eat back all of my exercise calories. I think I would be starving if I didn't!
    However, as I am having trouble busting this plateau ( close to goal) maybe I shouldn't. I just feel that this eating regime (not a diet) is for life, not for a short time. I have to be able to stick with it for ever. I am hoping to get through the plateau by upping my exercise a bit, after all I have lost 43 lbs doing it my way.
    I love my food and am a bit of a foodie. Deprivation would just result in me rebelling in the end. I have been losing weight since June last year, slowly but surely.
    I think everyone has to do what works for them, remembering that this is for ever. I have bust my daily total maybe 2 or three times in the last year. This is because I am happy with my regime and eat delicious food and drink a glass of alcohol every day.
    Good luck with whatever route you take. Love yourself. - this is not a punishment :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    m3x43, I typically do not eat back my calories since I do want a defecit at the end of the day. My dietician set my calories at 1300 and MFP set it closer to 1500 so that is also a reason why I don't eat them back. But I was looking at my face book last night doing some cleaning, see I clean to, and it was April 15 that I said I had lost 28 pounds. Here I am a month later and I am still at that weight. You can also see I haven't updated my ticker since I don't want to admit to myself that I have not lost 30 pounds.

Joyce, stubborn in Indiana