How do YOU survive the weekend?

Options
124»

Replies

• ashleydawg10
    ashleydawg10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I count calories even on the weekend to hold myself accountable. If I don't I end up acting like the food I ate didn't effect my weight loss. I also pack a lunch box or cooler if I'm going to be somewhere I'm tempted to eat poorly (UGA football tailgates for instance). If I know I'm going out to dinner I try to look at the menu online or at least guestimate the amount of calories the dinner might be so I can leave myself enough calories for that meal.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    For me it is not too challenging. Through the week, I eat a bit less but also exercise less. Fri-Sun I get a TON more activity than Mon-Thurs. My fiancé and I specifically plan our weekend days around activity, most of the time, and it is not really an issue when we "splurge" by having a less-than-ultra-healthy meal or a dessert type treat.

It really helps that he's on board with healthy breakfast and light lunch or dinner (which is how I eat all week long). My ex was more of the type to want one meal a day on the weekend, but crazy caloric and unhealthy. It is nice to have similar eating habits.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    For me, I sort of plan to "cheat" on the weekends - I just make sure I'm eating well and exercising all week. If I want something not to great for me, I eat it (generally in moderation) and do not feel guilty about it. Log it, and move on.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    It seems as though eating/exercising is on point for me during the week, but when the weekend rolls around, I seem to fall off the wagon. What I mean by that is I'll either eat WAY too much, or I'll eat things I know I'm intolerant to (i.e. ICE CREAM). Then I pay for it later.

What are your tips and tricks to staying on the right path when temptation arises??

Open to new friends, too. Love to stay motivated! Rock on!
    Stick with a stout discipline throughout the weekend as you do through the week. Saturday and Sunday are just days like any other during the week when it comes to eating. Though it's time to relax and have fun, you don't have to necessarily eat more to do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition