WOMEN: **Heavy-Lifting Free Weights* - 16 month progress

Options

Replies

• WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    ....had to resize the picture....apologies!!

16monthprogress_zps56ea7824.jpg

For those interested in "stats" - I measure between 5'8" and 5'8.5" tall and I currently weigh 143 lbs.

Awesome transformation. Very inspirational. I love strength training. It is the only way to transform your body to a better shape.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    YES, that is it EXACTLY, WannaBLoser....I was interested in morphing from a "pear-shape" to more of an "hourglass" shape.

So, I'm really glad I started the weight-lifting journey, even if it took me until age 42 to figure out THAT is what I "should" do!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Great work Beeps! You always work so hard and are so supportive! You look amazing!
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress. You look great. And I'm with you, heavy lifting all the way :happy:
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! Thank you for posting this. I am in mid-stage 3 of NR, and I am LOVING it.

:drinker:
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! Inspiring!! love it!
  • Litababy5
    Litababy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    U look like money...i.wanna like that at 44 with 3kids.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Whoooo! Go Beeps! You look fantastic!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! Well done. That's a different body. You deserve every bit of pride you feel over your accomplishment and then some.
  • dmcruz08
    dmcruz08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    BUMP...you look great!!! Thanks for the info.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Can you do "New Rules" at home or is a gym really required? I just joined a club by me that is just classes. I really enjoy them, but I like weight lifting too but cant afford both memberships.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    keepongoing - while I chose to do NROL4W (and all my weight-lifting) at a gym, the program (and many of the "New Rules of Lifting" series) are 100% designed as a D-I-Y....MANY women here at mfp are doing NROL4W AT HOME!
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    WOW what a difference it has made! You look truly amazing and I admire your dedication over this long period of time!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    GREAT work!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Once I realized that this will be a lifelong "journey" and NOT a "destination", I got very comfy with the "shaping" process.

From the outset, I gave myself 24 months to get to an hourglass shape, which means I have 8 months of CHISELING left!

And, even after that, weight-lifting will be my present and my future!

It's all good....doesn't matter "when" you get there, as long as you're moving in the right DIRECTION - that's how I FEEL, anyway!
  • laurie41565
    laurie41565 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ....had to resize the picture....apologies!!

16monthprogress_zps56ea7824.jpg

For those interested in "stats" - I measure between 5'8" and 5'8.5" tall and I currently weigh 143 lbs.

That's awesome progress!!! Is that from NROLFW? I just ordered a squat rack for my home gym so I can start this next Monday. I need to see some results....what I am doing now isn't working!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    ya look amazing!!!!!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Awesome! WTG
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!