Think before you post.

Options
Well, I found another brick wall to smash into. I have been studying diet and exercise for quite awhile now. I like to know how things work and why. I am really getting into the nitty gritty of things. It's been an amazing journey. I know you are supposed to eat your vegetables, but now I know why. But I fell for it once again. I assumed that we had all this stuff figured out and all I had to do is get up to speed. This has the same flavor as my Jesus study. I am currently at the proverbial cellular level of this study. When I learn something really cool, I want to share it with my friends. You have seen a few tid bits here and there. Well my current lesson is that we as humans do not know what the heck is going on. I posted a gold nugget to motivate anyone to whom it might speak to. And then was attacked. These attackers have several years of forum posting. The mindset here is very negative. They are in attack mode. They are armed with resources to poke fun at you and humiliate you. And they run in packs.The facts they use against you are opinions from the worlds top researchers. They throw them at you mixed with their own opinions and insults. Here is where the lesson comes in. Most of you probably already know this, but I just got up to speed. These top researchers will publish a paper on a specific topic. Then a few years later they will publish another paper on the same topic saying they now have more evidence and that they were actually wrong before and now they have it figured out. Then another top researcher will come along and publish another paper contradicting the other guy. At any given time there are at least two theories on the same topic. There is no one all beat all fact. I have learned this and accepted this. But some people on the forum have not. Today they are backing the guy who is saying what they want to hear. God forbid he changes his theory. But this rant is a warning. I had my published papers and was ready to retaliate. But when I saw they were from the same top researchers as theirs I stopped myself. Apparently when the researcher changes universities or companies so does his opinion.

The people in the fitness world are fired up. Their is no shortage of testosterone. I honestly believe that one woman punched me in the face on her monitor. The car and motorcycle forums were fun. Those guys are just cool. The Jesus forums were frustrating but fun. Because of the topic they were forced to show patience and virtue. But these fitness forums are something else...I will be coming back. :)

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no.

I didn't attack you. I didn't insult you. I did not set out to humiliate you.

I quoted and rebutted parts of a nonsensical article that you linked to. It was full of garbage, and it needed to be exposed as such.

And I didn't post opinions from researchers. I posted links to actual academic studies and summarized what those studies found. Given the chance to post links to the research you claimed to have found, you deliberately opted not to do so.

The attitude here is not negative at all. The attitude here is that if you're going to tout gimmicky claims that are absolutely refuted by science, then you better have something with which to back it up. You didn't. End of story.
  • ScottysSpeedShop
    ScottysSpeedShop Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no.

I didn't attack you. I didn't insult you. I did not set out to humiliate you.

I quoted and rebutted parts of a nonsensical article that you linked to. It was full of garbage, and it needed to be exposed as such.

And I didn't post opinions from researchers. I posted links to actual academic studies and summarized what those studies found. Given the chance to post links to the research you claimed to have found, you deliberately opted not to do so.

The attitude here is not negative at all. The attitude here is that if you're going to tout gimmicky claims that are absolutely refuted by science, then you better have something with which to back it up. You didn't. End of story.

You were excellent. You educated me. There were a couple others who were on their game too.
    Thank you very much for taking me to school.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Well, I found another brick wall to smash into. I have been studying diet and exercise for quite awhile now. I like to know how things work and why. I am really getting into the nitty gritty of things. It's been an amazing journey. I know you are supposed to eat your vegetables, but now I know why. But I fell for it once again. I assumed that we had all this stuff figured out and all I had to do is get up to speed. This has the same flavor as my Jesus study. I am currently at the proverbial cellular level of this study. When I learn something really cool, I want to share it with my friends. You have seen a few tid bits here and there. Well my current lesson is that we as humans do not know what the f##k is going on. I posted a gold nugget to motivate anyone to whom it might speak to. And then was attacked. These attackers have several years of forum posting. The mindset here is very negative. They are in attack mode. They are armed with resources to poke fun at you and humiliate you. And they run in packs.The facts they use against you are opinions from the worlds top researchers. They throw them at you mixed with their own opinions and insults. Here is where the lesson comes in. Most of you probably already know this, but I just got up to speed. These top researchers will publish a paper on a specific topic. Then a few years later they will publish another paper on the same topic saying they now have more evidence and that they were actually wrong before and now they have it figured out. Then another top researcher will come along and publish another paper contradicting the other guy. At any given time there are at least two theories on the same topic. There is no one all beat all fact. I have learned this and accepted this. But some people on the forum have not. Today they are backing the guy who is saying what they want to hear. God forbid he changes his theory. But this rant is a warning. I had my published papers and was ready to retaliate. But when I saw they were from the same top researchers as theirs I stopped myself. Apparently when the researcher changes universities or companies so does his opinion.

The people in the fitness world are fired up. Their is no shortage of testosterone. I honestly believe that one woman punched me in the face on her monitor. The car and motorcycle forums were fun. Those guys are just cool. The Jesus forums were frustrating but fun. Because of the topic they were forced to show patience and virtue. But these fitness forums are something else...I will be coming back. :)

Yes..I agree...our (myself and a few other community members) thoughts are...they all need twinkies..lots and lots of twinkies!! ;) I have resorted to ignoring those that choose to live in a world of misery. There are quite a few cool cats here..sadly they are far and few in between!! Keep on doing you...keep posting your findings..just ignore the trash that battles you! :P
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Well, I found another brick wall to smash into. I have been studying diet and exercise for quite awhile now. I like to know how things work and why. I am really getting into the nitty gritty of things. It's been an amazing journey. I know you are supposed to eat your vegetables, but now I know why. But I fell for it once again. I assumed that we had all this stuff figured out and all I had to do is get up to speed. This has the same flavor as my Jesus study. I am currently at the proverbial cellular level of this study. When I learn something really cool, I want to share it with my friends. You have seen a few tid bits here and there. Well my current lesson is that we as humans do not know what the f##k is going on. I posted a gold nugget to motivate anyone to whom it might speak to. And then was attacked. These attackers have several years of forum posting. The mindset here is very negative. They are in attack mode. They are armed with resources to poke fun at you and humiliate you. And they run in packs.The facts they use against you are opinions from the worlds top researchers. They throw them at you mixed with their own opinions and insults. Here is where the lesson comes in. Most of you probably already know this, but I just got up to speed. These top researchers will publish a paper on a specific topic. Then a few years later they will publish another paper on the same topic saying they now have more evidence and that they were actually wrong before and now they have it figured out. Then another top researcher will come along and publish another paper contradicting the other guy. At any given time there are at least two theories on the same topic. There is no one all beat all fact. I have learned this and accepted this. But some people on the forum have not. Today they are backing the guy who is saying what they want to hear. God forbid he changes his theory. But this rant is a warning. I had my published papers and was ready to retaliate. But when I saw they were from the same top researchers as theirs I stopped myself. Apparently when the researcher changes universities or companies so does his opinion.

Yes..I agree...our (myself and a few other community members) thoughts are...they all need twinkies..lots and lots of twinkies!! ;) I have resorted to ignoring those that choose to live in a world of misery. There are quite a few cool cats here..sadly they are far and few in between!! Keep on doing you...keep posting your findings..just ignore the trash that battles you! :P

You mean ignore the ones that are trying to stop false information from spreading on the forums?
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

You mean ignore the ones that are trying to stop false information from spreading on the forums?

QFT!!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Stick to sources that are reliable - , Layne Norton, Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Phil Learney, Nick Mitchell, even Charles Poliquin has some decent stuff despite being anti-carb in a lot of his work.

Don't get involved in the bs, it's screw up your day, esp if you are easily offended.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I did not read his original post ...however from this one (the one I did read)..sounded as though people got really nasty towards him...this is what I said should be ignored., So many are too quick to jump down one's throat on here..that is what needs to be ignored so it does not turn into an all out MFP battle.
    Far too many people for there not to be disagreements...however you can have a disagreement with out the hostility.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Too many words. Paragraphs. Need paragraphs.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I did not read his original post ...however from this one (the one I did read)..sounded as though people got really nasty towards him...this is what I said should be ignored., So many are too quick to jump down one's throat on here..that is what needs to be ignored so it does not turn into an all out MFP battle.
    Far too many people for there not to be disagreements...however you can have a disagreement with out the hostility.

No one got nasty towards him until he started telling people who are FAR more knowledgeable and experienced that they are wrong.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I was concerned about you posting that all over, and people taking it as truth.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Sigh. It's clear you don't understand what happened. Try reading the other two posters posts and inform yourself about what this is referring to before making blanket "everyone is so hostile and mean" statements. He posted misinformation, was told it was wrong, and he got offended. Just because someone gets offended, doesn't mean they're in the right.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So, is that three butthurt threads this morning, or have I missed a few?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    bumping for the drama!! This makes my day go by WAY faster
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    *pulls up chair and grabs bucket of popcorn* Dis gone be guuud :drinker:
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

You need this:
    y3Yxr_zps9c3561cd.gif
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    In for more Butt Hurts on the interwebs.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

You need this:
    y3Yxr_zps9c3561cd.gif

Thanks, I can't post them from work!
    I was hoping someone would do it for me ;-)
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The attack of the forum Nazi's. Been there done that. I just stopped posting any questions because people get so worked up on here. They can't seem to respond in a kind manner and they love to get in those personal digs at you. They're just looking for a reaction. People like this tend to have their own issues within themselves. If making fun of people and being rude makes you feel superior, then you have issues. Stop bullying.

And let the attack on me begin! Good thing I'm not easily offended.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    .... Good thing I'm not easily offended.

Wagers on if this is actually true?
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    .... Good thing I'm not easily offended.

Wagers on if this is actually true?

Only people with PayPal can wager please. I'm in!