Think before you post.

Options

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    So, is that three butthurt threads this morning, or have I missed a few?

You rang?

Oh. Wait. Nm.
    In for the butthurtz of someone who was shown he was wrong with science, but refused to post his research to prove he was right and is now whining about the meanies. For people who haven't read his ground breaking thread, his "golden nugget" was in fact lead. huh

You rang?

Oh. Darnit. STOP IT!

Hahaha, oh Burt.

I mean Butt... no, Burt - wait, what?
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bumping for the drama!! This makes my day go by WAY faster

^ That made me chuckle
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No one "attacked" you. I'm sorry if you feel that way, but I read the thread with an impartial eye, and saying that a "pack" attacked you is melodramatic.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    This thread delivers the drama lulz!

Que ultimate drama queen gif...

leave-britney-alone-o.gif
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add:

People here are called rude and nasty by people who post bad information and get all offended when it gets pointed out . As is the case here.

The "rude and nasty" people on this site deserve a medal for the work they do. If it weren't for them you'd all be listening to Dr. Oz, spending a fortune on body wraps and wondering why you're still not losing any weight.

^^ :flowerforyou:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

Like, OMG, LEAVE FTINESS ALONE!
  • Thatchic32
    Thatchic32 Posts: 2
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Thatchic32
    Thatchic32 Posts: 2
    Options
    *pulls up chair and grabs bucket of popcorn* Dis gone be guuud :drinker:

Ya know! :tongue:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    These attackers have several years of forum posting. They are in attack mode. They are armed with resources to poke fun at you and humiliate you. And they run in packs.The facts they use against you are opinions from the worlds top researchers.

You are upset because people with experience corrected you??? With facts?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAApfKwI554U_DB3AljQcUmh5TXPJoEbCsK8qYTUXpN1JrwDzvwQ

Also:

The "rude and nasty" people on this site deserve a medal for the work they do. If it weren't for them you'd all be listening to Dr. Oz, spending a fortune on body wraps and wondering why you're still not losing any weight.

tumblr_m9lzfsnHAQ1qi0d7lo3_250.gif
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    ctuRr.gif
  • dtroutman
    dtroutman Posts: 62
    Options
    :smile:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    ctuRr.gif

1314424331905_zps513a1280.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    I think people get wound up because the nonsense that is sometimes spouted on here is actually damaging to vulnerable minds. A lot of people will believe any bs and it hurts them. Physically and mentally. No wonder we want to shoot dangerous ignorance down.
    People are looking for a magic bullet and will latch on to any nonsense. Stick to proper scientifically researched evidence. WTG!
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    OP, I haven't read any of the posts to which you are referring, but I do agree with you. There is a "Pack" mentality on the forums. I often wonder if the phone tree gets activated, "we got another one", and these particular people show up in droves. Ignore them. They are so set in their own ideas and way of doing things, they are incapable of really listening or understanding anything else. If they aren't open to learning new things, they'll just miss out on a lot of great new things. Their loss. Pity them, and live your best life! :drinker:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    OP, I haven't read any of the posts to which you are referring, but I do agree with you. There is a "Pack" mentality on the forums. I often wonder if the phone tree gets activated, "we got another one", and these particular people show up in droves. Ignore them. They are so set in their own ideas and way of doing things, they are incapable of really listening or understanding anything else. If they aren't open to learning new things, they'll just miss out on a lot of great new things. Their loss. Pity them, and live your best life! :drinker:

It's interesting that those agreeing with the OP didn't bother to look for the thread for which he is referring to. Let me help you out with this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975435-timing-of-your-calories

The OP's information was inaccurate. I would like to think that if I went on to a public forum and posted misinformation that someone would be kind enough to inform me as such. Which is what happened. No one called him any names. His incorrect information was corrected. Nothing more.

*edited to add - Actually, I was like the OP when I first came to this site. Then, I started researching the things that I was corrected on and learned that those people were right.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You're on the Internet, people. Stop assuming any single one of you is more "knowledgeable" than any other. Virtually not a ONE of us is experts and most of us don't even have access to the full subscription databases that would be required to read any independent research. Even a flipping doctor on here would say he/she can't tell you SQUAT about you without examining you so it's all CONJECTURE.

We're all idiots. All of you on a high horse jump off and go outside or do something besides recieve gratification for use of this forum. All of you getting offended recognize these people on the Internet don't matter and being offended is a waste of your time. Everyone who can present their OPINION (that's what it is, an OPINION not fact) in a nice, friendly way and accept that others have different OPINIONS continue to use this site as it is intended.

Uhm, wait. You are saying that because this is the internet, no one is more knowledgeable than anyone else, and that no one here has expertise. That is a flawed assertion, and this isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

All "facts" on the internet are equal.*

(*apparently, only applies to MFP.)
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

totally this! there are so many schools of thought. just because someone can use google scholar doesn't mean they know anything. different schools of thoughts, different paradigms. let the haters hate and keep doing what works for you.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Check out the "pack" currently engaging in trying to tell some poor woman that living off 900 calories a day is bad in another forum. They've got facts and everything! Ugh, it's, like, so terrible.

They should really open their minds. Newborns eat 900 calories a day - obviously so can adults!

(And it's certainly not that many people in this "pack" have learned how to eat, exercise, lose and maintain weight in healthy, sustainable ways. No. Not that. They just want to push their ideas onto other people.)

Like, totally.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Like, OMG, LEAVE FTINESS ALONE!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I believe people would be nicer to you if you tried being right sometimes.

[/internet]