Think before you post.

Options

Replies

• Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add:

People here are called rude and nasty by people who post bad information and get all offended when it gets pointed out . As is the case here.

The "rude and nasty" people on this site deserve a medal for the work they do. If it weren't for them you'd all be listening to Dr. Oz, spending a fortune on body wraps and wondering why you're still not losing any weight.

tumblr_mba556A5Jg1rw2l3do1_500.gif
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Now is the time when we dance on sprockets ..

29ne6x4.gif
  • Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @gsarah1 You're about to lose your bug...:)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I want bacon and hoes.

Did not think before posting this and still feel really good.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I want bacon and hoes.

Did not think before posting this and still feel really good.

You belong here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/976749-post-before-you-think?page=1#posts-14914436
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Blimey.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Posting for no other reason but to post!
    fb_zps20ef7bfe.gif

MFP Battle Royal 2013 coming soon!
    op3_zps706cd565.gif
    Fred_zps63958411.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Well, I found another brick wall to smash into. I have been studying diet and exercise for quite awhile now. I like to know how things work and why. I am really getting into the nitty gritty of things. It's been an amazing journey. I know you are supposed to eat your vegetables, but now I know why. But I fell for it once again. I assumed that we had all this stuff figured out and all I had to do is get up to speed. This has the same flavor as my Jesus study. I am currently at the proverbial cellular level of this study. When I learn something really cool, I want to share it with my friends. You have seen a few tid bits here and there. Well my current lesson is that we as humans do not know what the heck is going on. I posted a gold nugget to motivate anyone to whom it might speak to.

No, you posted a completely flawed article that misrepresented what the person they were referring to actually was saying. The article was terrible.
    And then was attacked. These attackers have several years of forum posting. The mindset here is very negative. They are in attack mode. They are armed with resources to poke fun at you and humiliate you. And they run in packs.The facts they use against you are opinions from the worlds top researchers. They throw them at you mixed with their own opinions and insults.

So, people correcting the misinformation by using actual facts = attacking? Got it!
    Here is where the lesson comes in. Most of you probably already know this, but I just got up to speed. These top researchers will publish a paper on a specific topic. Then a few years later they will publish another paper on the same topic saying they now have more evidence and that they were actually wrong before and now they have it figured out. Then another top researcher will come along and publish another paper contradicting the other guy. At any given time there are at least two theories on the same topic. There is no one all beat all fact. I have learned this and accepted this. But some people on the forum have not. Today they are backing the guy who is saying what they want to hear. God forbid he changes his theory. But this rant is a warning. I had my published papers and was ready to retaliate. But when I saw they were from the same top researchers as theirs I stopped myself. Apparently when the researcher changes universities or companies so does his opinion.
    Not at all. There are a lot of unsubstantiated allegations there with no support - a little like that 'research' you mentioned in the other post that you then later admitted you were wrong.

The people in the fitness world are fired up. Their is no shortage of testosterone. I honestly believe that one woman punched me in the face on her monitor. The car and motorcycle forums were fun. Those guys are just cool. The Jesus forums were frustrating but fun. Because of the topic they were forced to show patience and virtue. But these fitness forums are something else...I will be coming back. :)

A lot of people in the fitness world do not like complete misinformation to be spread - it makes it harder for people to succeed. Simple as that.

Oh, and nice hyperbole.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add:

People here are called rude and nasty by people who post bad information and get all offended when it gets pointed out . As is the case here.

The "rude and nasty" people on this site deserve a medal for the work they do. If it weren't for them you'd all be listening to Dr. Oz, spending a fortune on body wraps and wondering why you're still not losing any weight.

You. I like you.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Don't we all have a bigger common enemy?

What do you mean? Like, Kim Jong Un?

No.

Obesity.

We are all fighting the good fight against aggregations of fat molecules.

I was kinda excited about MFP banding together and defeating North Korea.

Dang.

Me too
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You're on the Internet, people. Stop assuming any single one of you is more "knowledgeable" than any other. Virtually not a ONE of us is experts and most of us don't even have access to the full subscription databases that would be required to read any independent research. Even a flipping doctor on here would say he/she can't tell you SQUAT about you without examining you so it's all CONJECTURE.

We're all idiots. All of you on a high horse jump off and go outside or do something besides recieve gratification for use of this forum. All of you getting offended recognize these people on the Internet don't matter and being offended is a waste of your time. Everyone who can present their OPINION (that's what it is, an OPINION not fact) in a nice, friendly way and accept that others have different OPINIONS continue to use this site as it is intended.
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You're on the Internet, people. Stop assuming any single one of you is more "knowledgeable" than any other. Virtually not a ONE of us is experts and most of us don't even have access to the full subscription databases that would be required to read any independent research. Even a flipping doctor on here would say he/she can't tell you SQUAT about you without examining you so it's all CONJECTURE.

We're all idiots. All of you on a high horse jump off and go outside or do something besides recieve gratification for use of this forum. All of you getting offended recognize these people on the Internet don't matter and being offended is a waste of your time. Everyone who can present their OPINION (that's what it is, an OPINION not fact) in a nice, friendly way and accept that others have different OPINIONS continue to use this site as it is intended.

THANK YOU!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Uhm, wait. You are saying that because this is the internet, no one is more knowledgeable than anyone else, and that no one here has expertise. That is a flawed assertion, and this isn't an opinion, it's a fact.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    so many people PMSsing on the same day! Must have set a record!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Dang.
    :laugh: :heart: :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

While most doctors are fairly ignorant when it comes to nutrition and fitness, not everyone who uses this site is ignorant. And just because they use the internet, does not mean they are ignorant either. The internet does not inherently make this a level playing field. You are assuming because you do not know anyone personally on the internet that they must not know what they are talking about, but that thinking is, of itself, ignorant. You're not going to be able to play peace-maker by putting us all at your standard.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

Technically wouldn't he be a smaller common enemy?

I dunno. Dude's not very tall, but he's definitely in need of some calorie counting.

kim-jong-un-meme-650x0.jpg

He has been eating too many carbs after 8pm.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

No.

Obesity.

Dang.

In...

...since we're all here for the same reason.
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options

No.

Obesity.

Dang.

How do I log that activity? I need to know max caloric burn.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    not a ONE of us is experts
    We're all idiots.
    This applies to everyone but me.