Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    29" waist
    42" hips
    17" calves

I buy Old Navy Rockstar Skinnies. I love them. But ONLY the actual jeans, not the coloured ones. The coloured ones do not have the same stretch and shape as the regular jean ones. They hug my hips, don't gap at the waist, and go on sale often. I love wearing them with flats and a blouse for casual fridays at work.

Also a HUGE fan of American Eagle Boyfriend Fit jeans.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Ah, Levis, I figured. QUALITY.

I've been having the worst time finding jeans (always have, even when I was actually a "junior")--small waist, big hips/*kitten*, but SMALL thighs and calves.

Anyone find anything ever that fits these specifications?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I've been having the worst time finding jeans (always have, even when I was actually a "junior")--small waist, big hips/*kitten*, but SMALL thighs and calves.

I've got a good friend with that exact body type. I'll ask her what she gets and get back to you.

I was sooo mad as a teenager when my mom told me I needed to start shopping in misses, until I realized that the pants actually fit. lol I never could wear juniors, even when I was 13.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert on forum etiquette but I think this would be an appropriate post to start your own thread. Either way, good luck to you as well.

To everyone else, thanks so much for so many recommendations!!! I so excited to have some places to try! Happy shopping indeed!

Oh and for the people who mentioned Women's/Misses vs. Juniors, yes I am definitely steering clear of Juniors and the "odd-numbered" sizing. Some Women's sizes I've noticed however do read 5/6 or 7/8, etc.

Thanks again all!! ????????????
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert on forum etiquette but I think this would be an appropriate post to start your own thread. Either way, good luck to you as well.

To everyone else, thanks so much for so many recommendations!!! I so excited to have some places to try! Happy shopping indeed!

Oh and for the people who mentioned Women's/Misses vs. Juniors, yes I am definitely steering clear of Juniors and the "odd-numbered" sizing. Some Women's sizes I've noticed however do read 5/6 or 7/8, etc.

lol
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I went to MANY stores tonight, I'm exhausted even thinking about how many pants I tried on... Best luck so far:

Lee Comfort Fit Barely Bootcut Stretch (size 8)
    Banana Republic Bootcut Fit Stretch (size 8)

Many jeans = too small for my calves or my thighs and too big for my waist and even sometimes my hips. AUGH! Lol. The search continues...
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You need to be shopping for Women's clothing, not Junior's. Women's clothing is curvier, Junior's are straighter...generally speaking. I love Ross, Target (the last few years, they've introduced pants for all sorts of different shapes and curve factors. Unfortunately, they also think that we're all tall), Walmart, JCPenny, TJMaxx, Marshalls, Kohl's, Steinmart.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I actually shop for jeans at www.victoriassecret.com... anybody else? Pricier, but I always love my jeans... I feel like their sizes are a bit on the "bigger" side, so I always go down a size. :flowerforyou:
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of nice clothes at Kohl's. Decent prices too.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    Maybe you didn't see my earlier post, but I was never shopping juniors. Needing and wanting women's jeans/pants shouldn't mean I can only shop discount type stores. Thanks for your suggestions though. Next trip I'm thinking more classically women's fashions stores such as: LOFT, Macy's, Nordstrom, NY&Co., etc. and see how I do there.
    You need to be shopping for Women's clothing, not Junior's. Women's clothing is curvier, Junior's are straighter...generally speaking. I love Ross, Target (the last few years, they've introduced pants for all sorts of different shapes and curve factors. Unfortunately, they also think that we're all tall), Walmart, JCPenny, TJMaxx, Marshalls, Kohl's, Steinmart.

• RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I find a lot of nice clothes at Kohl's. Decent prices too.

Kohl's has some great brands & prices, thank you!!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I actually shop for jeans at www.victoriassecret.com... anybody else? Pricier, but I always love my jeans... I feel like their sizes are a bit on the "bigger" side, so I always go down a size. :flowerforyou:

Someone in my FL recommended VS too, thanks!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    When I was smaller (12-16) I bought my jeans at either the Buckle or Old Navy. Lots of choices. The Buckle can be pricey but they have really good quality jeans.

I don't love the way some Old Navy styles fit me, but it's been awhile, I will give them another shot thanks! Someone at Gap recommended the Buckle style "Maddie" so I'll try there as well!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I also vote for Levi's Denizens. They are amazing. I wear a size 6. My measurements are-- waist: 26, hips: 36.

Ahhhh, they're made by Levi! Thank you! Any other retailer you'd recommend? Target isn't my favorite (not for any reason other than continued poor customer service). Thanks!

I tried to go to the actual Levi's store & apparently that's a target or discount store line they make, but they don't sell them directly so I'll keep looking around to try them! Thanks.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Honestly, to save money I buy from Goodwill or consignment shops. If I find a pair that I absolutely love, I'll do an online search and find the cheapest place to get additional pairs.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I went to Buckle and got sized for their jeans. I bought one pair of PERFECTLY fitting jeans (but so expensive for me) Now that I know my Buckle measurements, I can get the jeans a lot cheaper on Ebay :happy:
  • juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    American eagle has great jeans! They go up to size 18 (not that you need it!) :-)
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I have a booty, so pants have always been hard.
    My measurements for comparison
    29 waist
    42 hip
    21 thigh
    155 lb
    32%BF
    I haven't gone pant shopping in a while, I think I'm a 12. I wear size 8 skirts because that's what fits my waist.

1st are you opposed to getting things tailored? If it fits the bum and the thighs, a tailor can take in the waist.

Lee natural fit (from an outlet mall)
    I have also had success from Express Editor pants
    and check out Thrift stores and consignment shops! I have 2 near me, Plato's closet, and Green Street. These places only have things in season.

I have also been eyeing up Venus.com. they have cute inexpensive stuff but I haven't bought yet.

I don't want to buy pants until I loose some weight. I've been wearing mostly skirts and dresses because my jeans fell apart last month. =(

I'm not 100% opposed to tailoring, but I was seeking an in between size just for now why my body is still losing inches/pounds so these I wouldn't want to have to alter. I do have Express on my list thanks!!

I have smaller waist/hips so I have to fit my thighs/calves which is tough.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I went to Buckle and got sized for their jeans. I bought one pair of PERFECTLY fitting jeans (but so expensive for me) Now that I know my Buckle measurements, I can get the jeans a lot cheaper on Ebay :happy:

LOL! Love this. It's EXACTLY what the employee at the Gap told me. "Go try Buckle's Maddie style, then once you know your measurements for their pants go on Ebay!" LOL. I'll give it a shot!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Bump, cuz I'm having the same problem. Especially for finding denim shorts right now! Augh!