Where to buy pants? HELP?!

Options

Replies

• flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    aeropostle makes some great curvy jeans.They run a bit big, and if you buy stuff online you can get it way cheap. like I was shocked to see the tags that said $69.99 and I paid $15 online price! I love aero!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    aeropostle makes some great curvy jeans.They run a bit big, and if you buy stuff online you can get it way cheap. like I was shocked to see the tags that said $69.99 and I paid $15 online price! I love aero!

You must have teeny tiny legs, because aero is the place I couldn't even get my foot through the ankle hole!!! I even wear narrows for shoes but they are aize 11! I don't think I'll ever be shopping aero again...
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of nice clothes at Kohl's. Decent prices too.

Kohl's has some great brands & prices, thank you!!

My favorite jeans came from Kohl's, Sonoma brand. I bought them just before I started losing weight and now they are huge on me and they didn't have them when I went to get smaller ones. They were on sale for $20 or so. I wear them for gardening even though I have to cinch them up.
  • jennusf
    jennusf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite jeans are Levis 512 Perfectly Slimming bootcut. I got them at Macys a couple of years ago. They have a higher rise (nice for this muffin top I've acquired). They have a nice amount of stretch, so they're super comfy. They don't carry them at all Macy's and its possible they didn't have them at the Levi's store. If you can, try them!

Seriously, I feel like a million bucks when I wear those jeans--my husband likes them too! ;-)

*edited because I actually checked the jeans!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    My absolute favorite jeans are Levis 512 Perfectly Slimming bootcut. I got them at Macys a couple of years ago. They have a higher rise (nice for this muffin top I've acquired). They have a nice amount of stretch, so they're super comfy. They don't carry them at all Macy's and its possible they didn't have them at the Levi's store. If you can, try them!

Seriously, I feel like a million bucks when I wear those jeans--my husband likes them too! ;-)

*edited because I actually checked the jeans!

#jealous!!!!! That's awesome that you grabbed the jeans to get the info from them, thanks!!! I'll look at Macy's!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I prefer juniors and hate the way women's fit typically . I'm very curvy. I go with LEI
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Not Your Daughter's Jeans? I don't know where to get them, though.

I have NOT, I will investigate, thanks!

Seems like Macy's, Nordstrom & Dillard's well them locally for me, they're on the list, thanks again!
    Got mine at nordtstrom. love them all.
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options
    I adore the clothes that Forever21 sells, I'd assume their smaller sizes are just as awesome as their fatgirl sizes.

Also, I've bough some amazing Vigoss jeans from Maurices when I was significantly skinnier.

I wouldn't waste money on JAG jeans, because they're the most poorly made jeans I've ever owned.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    In to see if there are any new places I've never heard of to check out :)

bump
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love the H&M+ jeans. Different colors, cute, good quality!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I actually tried on a pair of Lee Comfort Fit Barely Bootcut jeans in a SIZE SIX today at Kohl's... WHAT?!?!?! Lol. They were tighter than I'm used to (aka wouldn't fall off without a belt like my current wardrobe lol) but they actually fit pretty well. Maybe someday soon I'll have the confidence to buy them LOL.

Thanks everyone for continuing to post your suggestions!!!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to be trying misses sizes (8, 10, 12, etc) because they are designed to fit a woman's body better than juniors. My favorite store to buy pants is Loft. They make a cut called "Julie" that is especially designed for curvy women. I wear an 8 in their pants and usually a 10 anywhere else. Good luck!!! Congrats on your loss ~~~ Buying new clothes can be bitter sweet!!!

I buy all my jeans from Buckle because of their amazing customer service and their HUGE assortment. However, even there, depending on the brand and cut, I wear anywhere from a 27 to a 30. They are great though, with bringing you tons to try. It takes a lot of time to find out what works for you, but it is so worth it!
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I actually have (recently) good luck at Old Navy. They have different cuts, I tried them all on to find what cut works best for me. And they seem to fit me like a glove. (I'm currently a size 16)

I also like Levi or Lee jeans, too. But the Old Navy fit me better this time around.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. Don't be scurred. The ones near my house, for some reason have clothes from 10 years ago that have never been worn. I have all kinds of brand new 10 year old rocawear pants and shorts...People I know in their 30s point and laugh at me, but anyone older or younger doesn't know about 'em. I don't care, they are new, they don't stink, they fit, and they were six bucks.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I really like Ariya jeans, they are made for "curvy" body types.
  • tavery3700
    tavery3700 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck at these stores.
    Macy's
    J C Pennies
    Marshall's
  • Dacia327
    Dacia327 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Belk' s. I have found lots of clothes, work and casual. I am very curvy, and I am happy I am not losing my curves. I always find something I can not live without. I can't wait to go shopping for smaller clothes. Happy for you!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. Don't be scurred. The ones near my house, for some reason have clothes from 10 years ago that have never been worn. I have all kinds of brand new 10 year old rocawear pants and shorts...People I know in their 30s point and laugh at me, but anyone older or younger doesn't know about 'em. I don't care, they are new, they don't stink, they fit, and they were six bucks.

Six bucks at Goodwill? I think you were robbed. Hit up a DAV or one of the others. The prices tend to be cheaper. Don't get me wrong. I'm not putting down Goodwill. They're just generally not the cheapest.

Magic trick for those who can't find good deals at a thrift shop: Find one in the suburbs near the expensive houses. The prices will be as cheap as the poor areas, but the quality will be much better.
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores! Love 'em. They have racks and racks stuffed full of jeans. When I'm in the mood to dig, I can spend hours in these places and find some great deals. I can't remember the last time I bought a pair of brand-new jeans.