HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    :D
  • ARoe9410
    ARoe9410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump. This thread is amazing. You ladies are such an inspiration! I started SL 5x5 in Jan and I can't wait to post my own before and after pics!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I life heavy, 5-6 times a week. Dropped by body fat % by 10 percent and lost 50lbs. Very little to no cardio. Clean diet and weight training!hwlwhemsf7ds.png
    h9yq7prgpj14.png
    svhi1e9ac7ga.png
    ibjkpearq2al.png
    fvkomni9ib1s.png
    2x2qrk4pikx6.png

Dang!
  • lynpcooper
    lynpcooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So I have a question that I'm sure has probably been asked on this thread: which program should I use (Starting Strength vs nrolfw vs Strong Curves vs StrongLifts 5x5 vs Thinner, Leaner, Stronger, etc.) I am a beginner and have lots of weight to lose. I also am dealing with some low back pain, which is new. I will eat at a deficit for weight loss, but I also want to build muscle (if that is possible on a deficit). What do you guys think?
  • Maggieba
    Maggieba Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    lynpcooper wrote: »
    So I have a question that I'm sure has probably been asked on this thread: which program should I use (Starting Strength vs nrolfw vs Strong Curves vs StrongLifts 5x5 vs Thinner, Leaner, Stronger, etc.) I am a beginner and have lots of weight to lose. I also am dealing with some low back pain, which is new. I will eat at a deficit for weight loss, but I also want to build muscle (if that is possible on a deficit). What do you guys think?

Those are all great programs. My local library had paper copies of many of them so I read up and picked what worked for me and the equipment I have access to. Most people will say you can't build appreciable muscle while eating at a deficit. There are some exceptions including those new to lifting that you'll see referenced as "noob gains." However those gains will generally taper off. One of the greatest advantages of lifting while losing weight, it will help minimize muscle loss. Many will also recommend you keep your protein intake high while eating at a deficit: 0.8 to 1g per pound LBM.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Look Great hard work pays off! Iam a guy n I don't look that good
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I life heavy, 5-6 times a week. Dropped by body fat % by 10 percent and lost 50lbs. Very little to no cardio. Clean diet and weight training!hwlwhemsf7ds.png
    h9yq7prgpj14.png
    svhi1e9ac7ga.png
    ibjkpearq2al.png
    fvkomni9ib1s.png
    2x2qrk4pikx6.png

You have one of the hottest transformation I have seen on here. Total packet. Very inspiring. Thanks for the motivation!!!!
  • brittxmarie89
    brittxmarie89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that all of y'all are inspirational?! I'm dying to start heavy lifting!!!! Keep up the good work ladies!!!!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @brittxmarie89 start now. There is no time like the present- especially when inspired by the people on this thread.
    Check out 'which lifting program is best for me' (or words to that effect) thread.

Cheers, h.
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm definitely going to start lifting weights now for sure. You look awesome
  • fromaquasar1
    fromaquasar1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just started lifting heavy. Can't wait to look "bulky" like all you beautiful badasses ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!