HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What meet did you do? I recently did an in-house friendly meet, and am thinking of registering for an Elite meet that's in August in Toronto, but I'm terrified of doing a "real" meet!
    Ooh @quiksylver296 you could do 3 of me and my cat! >:)
    Just out of curiosity what are your other lifts like?

Cheers, h.

The most I've ever benched is 160 lbs, but I only got 145 in my meet last month. Squats, with proper form, 200 lbs. Pre-trainer, with bad form, 280 lbs. :p
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    merflan wrote: »
    What meet did you do? I recently did an in-house friendly meet, and am thinking of registering for an Elite meet that's in August in Toronto, but I'm terrified of doing a "real" meet!
    Ooh @quiksylver296 you could do 3 of me and my cat! >:)
    Just out of curiosity what are your other lifts like?

Cheers, h.

The most I've ever benched is 160 lbs, but I only got 145 in my meet last month. Squats, with proper form, 200 lbs. Pre-trainer, with bad form, 280 lbs. :p

It was a USAPL local meet. I live in Idaho, USA.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Bulk city

8oavblzjdapb.jpg
    9dwfn7w84xn7.jpg

Ok, it is officially killing me. Did you have a different profile at one time? I never get tired of seeing your success, but swear I saw your pics under a different name at one point. Am I just crazy?

much <3

Yeah I was arditarose :) I needed a new account and no friends for a little while. I bulked and struggled cutting weight and was in a really bad place. So now I'm at my bulking weight. Still never officially lost :) I suck at deficits now.

<3 I am having that same issue. Gained 10-12lbs on a bulk. Lost 5lbs of it and now am just like la de da sucking at cutting.

I can do it, I know I can but also was tested last time at 16% or so fat at my goal weight pre bulk so know these last 5lbs of fat are not easy.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    :#
    Bulk city

8oavblzjdapb.jpg
    9dwfn7w84xn7.jpg

Ok, it is officially killing me. Did you have a different profile at one time? I never get tired of seeing your success, but swear I saw your pics under a different name at one point. Am I just crazy?

much <3

Yeah I was arditarose :) I needed a new account and no friends for a little while. I bulked and struggled cutting weight and was in a really bad place. So now I'm at my bulking weight. Still never officially lost :) I suck at deficits now.

I knew it was you, but didn't want to 'out' you :)

We love you at any name. You've always been an inspiration, even when you struggle....

(and BTW, you ALWAYS look fabulous)

I never thought about that. I totally didn't mean to "out" anyone.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Bulk city

8oavblzjdapb.jpg
    9dwfn7w84xn7.jpg

much <3

<3 I am having that same issue. Gained 10-12lbs on a bulk. Lost 5lbs of it and now am just like la de da sucking at cutting.

I can do it, I know I can but also was tested last time at 16% or so fat at my goal weight pre bulk so know these last 5lbs of fat are not easy.

Yeah. It's so hard. I do NOT have that willpower on the weekend that I had when I was fat. I want a drink and I want ramen and burgers.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    :#
    Bulk city

8oavblzjdapb.jpg
    9dwfn7w84xn7.jpg

much <3

I knew it was you, but didn't want to 'out' you :)

We love you at any name. You've always been an inspiration, even when you struggle....

(and BTW, you ALWAYS look fabulous)

I never thought about that. I totally didn't mean to "out" anyone.

It's fine. When I first came back my face wasn't in the pics. I am not anonymous anymore :)
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump! Love this thread and all of you are so inspiring.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I life heavy, 5-6 times a week. Dropped by body fat % by 10 percent and lost 50lbs. Very little to no cardio. Clean diet and weight training!hwlwhemsf7ds.png
    h9yq7prgpj14.png
    svhi1e9ac7ga.png
    ibjkpearq2al.png
    fvkomni9ib1s.png
    2x2qrk4pikx6.png

Sexy as hell!! Awesome!!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Updated photo. Approximately 16 months apart. 187 lbs to 171 lbs. Heavy lifting and slight calorie deficit. Currently ~17% BF.

xe4gqkqh3xr0.jpg

Yessssss. You are jacked. Next goal?

350 lb deadlift - hopefully by the powerlifting meet I'm doing in August. Still cutting/recomping - not sure what my goal weight is at this point, but I'm not there yet.

Wonderful.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Updated photo. Approximately 16 months apart. 187 lbs to 171 lbs. Heavy lifting and slight calorie deficit. Currently ~17% BF.

xe4gqkqh3xr0.jpg

Yessssss. You are jacked. Next goal?

350 lb deadlift - hopefully by the powerlifting meet I'm doing in August. Still cutting/recomping - not sure what my goal weight is at this point, but I'm not there yet.

Nice to see an updated photo @quiksylver296. You look awesome! It looks like so much more than just a 16lb drop. Good luck at the meet!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 fantastic transformation! You are doing a remarkable job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!