Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Well jeez.....

if I hear just one person....

:sad:
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I believe he was trying to be motivational but it didn't quite come off that way. eh what can you do?

I think he was....
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Well the thyroid is a legit excuse, as it does secrete a hormone that controls weight loss/gain. If it is out of whack, and not being helped by meds, it is harder to lose.

The other two, are people just being lazy.
    I have (untreated) hypothyroidism and I'm underweight. If you really put in the work you can still see results. You just might need to eat less than most people your size/age.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Well the thyroid is a legit excuse, as it does secrete a hormone that controls weight loss/gain. If it is out of whack, and not being helped by meds, it is harder to lose.

The other two, are people just being lazy.
    I have (untreated) hypothyroidism and I'm underweight. If you really put in the work you can still see results. You just might need to eat less than most people your size/age.

exactly.

I lost all of my weight before i even FOUND OUT i had hypothyroid (per the list of stuff in my previous post). I didn't think it was an issue. It can be done, i just believe it is significantly harder/slower/meticulous to do.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    You're 18 years old. See if you feel the same way in 25 years with some arthritis and a sluggish thyroid.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • dperez108
    dperez108 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How about i don't have time with work and family to work out. Yet those same folks are the one's making time to watch their favorite tv shows or games.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdtpaw4jLv1qdlh1io1_400.gif
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It may be hard for everyone, but it's harder for some people than it is for others. Probably due to my thyroid, I find I must stick to a lower calorie threshold than "average" in order to actually lose weight. Despite exercise, a diet of mostly healthful whole foods, yada yada yada. Sometimes I complain about it, because I just wanna have some whiskey and I don't have the calories.
This discussion has been closed.